You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
HeidiAngel

Italians Rock the Waters!

18 comments in this topic

[187]
Members
462 posts
2,354 battles

Ok, so I won't tell one of my silly stories as some Captains don't seem to like them. I'll just jeep to the facts.

Hello Captains! Hope your Happy Healthy and safe.

Today I took my Tier 7 Abruzzi out [ first time in awhile ] into a Random game. She has 9.7 detection and 12 k torps, slow but they keep the enemy BB's guessing and keeps them from charging so hard. For those who have this ship it is wonderful to play. No, it doesn't hit hard but it consistently hits. If you use the small islands for cover you can really be a pain to the enemy and remember to launch your torps as soon as they are reloaded. Makes them always wonder about torps as they try to navigate, spot and shoot. Abruzzi can take some hits and survive IF you keep turning and twisting. She is Great at wrecking DD's as my game shows. Find a position and be a pain to the enemy. It however is a ship you cannot relax your brain with in a battle as you can with some others. Keep aware at all times and use that mini map. An Italian BB tier 7 with a good Captain helped me a lot in the end. We killed 7 all together with me getting 3 smooshes! and an Arsonist on Andria Doria. Um, he was salty about my HE spam and hiding from him. Lol. Anyway the satisfaction after a great game is Wonderful. Play her and Have fun! 

Until next time, Happy Smooshing!

Heidi.

Screenshot (144).png

Screenshot (145).png

Screenshot (143).png

• Cool 8

[WOLF9]
Members
1,535 posts
26,437 battles

I agree.  I have the Abruzzi and it really is sneaky good.  There are several good ships in the RM that do not get a lot of attention.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,499 posts
7,176 battles

I love mine :D

[RLGN]
Members
16,809 posts
29,440 battles

The surpriser for me has been the T6 Duca.

Oh how I hated it back when it came out.

Not that bad now.

• Cool 1

[GOB]
Members
3,005 posts

I haven't started spec'ing my unique Italian  commander for cruisers yet but when I do I will have to take her out!  Thnx for bringing her back to my attention : )

• Cool 1

[187]
Members
462 posts
2,354 battles
29 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Not that bad now.

I know! And the tier 5 Monty is not bad either but you are exhausted after a good game playing it.

[4HIM]
Beta Testers
2,280 posts
16,511 battles
44 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Not that bad now.

You gotta work hard with the Duca, but she's fun and a challenge.  I have her totally decked out as a torp boat...amazing how that works out.

[SR-_-]
Members
5,018 posts
46,796 battles
3 hours ago, HeidiAngel said:

Ok, so I won't tell one of my silly stories as some Captains don't seem to like them. I'll just jeep to the facts.

Today I took my Tier 7 Abruzzi out [ first time in awhile ] into a Random game. She has 9.7 detection and 12 k torps, slow but they keep the enemy BB's guessing and keeps them from charging so hard. For those who have this ship it is wonderful to play. No, it doesn't hit hard but it consistently hits. If you use the small islands for cover you can really be a pain to the enemy and remember to launch your torps as soon as they are reloaded. Makes them always wonder about torps as they try to navigate, spot and shoot. Abruzzi can take some hits and survive IF you keep turning and twisting. She is Great at wrecking DD's as my game shows. Find a position and be a pain to the enemy. It however is a ship you cannot relax your brain with in a battle as you can with some others. Keep aware at all times and use that mini map. An Italian BB tier 7 with a good Captain helped me a lot in the end. We killed 7 all together with me getting 3 smooshes! and an Arsonist on Andria Doria. Um, he was salty about my HE spam and hiding from him. Lol. Anyway the satisfaction after a great game is Wonderful. Play her and Have fun! 

Heidi.

Screenshot (144).png

Screenshot (145).png

Screenshot (143).png

No! Please tell the stories! I can't play right now on account my right hand is tango uniform. Medical. I need something to pass the time and stories are better than the toxic stuff of legend in here. 

Don't let these goons bring you down. 

Feel free to elaborate. No, this is not sarcasm. I am serious.

Stories. Need stories. 

If they hate it, just post in misc. and leave note. I don't care how you do it. Battle fun is fun. That was a great battle! Great job!:cap_rambo:

Typing sucks. Please don't make me ask again. No pain meds, argh! 

Edited by SteelRain_Rifleman

[187]
Members
462 posts
2,354 battles
50 minutes ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

No! Please tell the stories! I can't play right now on account my right hand is tango uniform. Medical. I need something to pass the time and stories are better than the toxic stuff of legend in here. 

Don't let these goons bring you down. 

Feel free to elaborate. No, this is not sarcasm. I am serious.

Stories. Need stories. 

If they hate it, just post in misc. and leave note. I don't care how you do it. Battle fun is fun. That was a great battle! Great job!:cap_rambo:

Typing sucks. Please don't make me ask again. No pain meds, argh! 

I am sorry your not feeling good. I hope you and your hand get better soon so you feel ok and can smoosh Ships. Sending a Hug from afar.

903f324811e8c23026faefe998e431ec.jpg

[SR-_-]
Members
5,018 posts
46,796 battles
1 minute ago, HeidiAngel said:

I am sorry your not feeling good. I hope you and your hand get better soon so you feel ok and can smoosh Ships. Sending a Hug from afar.

903f324811e8c23026faefe998e431ec.jpg

Thanks. 

[SGSS]
Members
6,294 posts
5 hours ago, HeidiAngel said:

Heidi.

Screenshot (144).png

Screenshot (145).png

Screenshot (143).png

Eye in the sky is great with this ship.

Its one of mt way to many ships in port that I forget about because of grinding.

• Cool 1

[SGSS]
Members
6,294 posts
3 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Not that bad now.

Yep.... Got the t7 and though meh then ranked and won a lot of battles in it.

Its not easy and its very different.

[WPORT]
Members
11,541 posts
15,861 battles

Italian ships are entertaining and fun to play, especially when pushing them to their limits.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
25,533 posts
19,680 battles
7 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Not that bad now.

Did they do something to it to tweak it, or did your expertise catch up and mesh with the ship's skill floor?

[RLGN]
Members
16,809 posts
29,440 battles
23 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Did they do something to it to tweak it, or did your expertise catch up and mesh with the ship's skill floor?

Kinda the same thing with New York...

’God, this thing sucks.’

Two, three years later...

’Has fun trolling Giulio Caesars in Ranked with New York.’

[SRPH]
Members
181 posts
2,299 battles

I have both Ducas and Abruzzi is the one with the most plays of all my ships. It was the first premium I ever got :) I’ve always liked it, but I’m not good with it, as it is a citadel magnet and you need to stay at distance. It has great consumables but if one could get the option for smoke it’d be a real menace.

I do way better in Leone. Weird, but true. It just seems to click with me. 

[ARGSY]
Members
773 posts
11,694 battles
3 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Italian ships are entertaining and fun to play, especially when pushing them to their limits.

Really a good point. I want to play fun ships and every Italian so far seems to fit that. How good some of them are is another matter entirely. But there are gems there. 

• Thanks 1