You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Delicious_Flat_Chest

Can we please ban CV from rank already

22 comments in this topic

Members
1,030 posts

It makes the games passive and they can make bad teams even more difficult to carry let alone don't get me started if your cv is bad. It's one ship out the game basically if they arent at unicum level unlike a dd that just needs to live and spot to win for your team.  How can you take t10 clan battle cv spot away but justify the placement of them in rank? Both are competitive modes and earn high rewards, so why is CV allowed in one and not the other?

Edited by ThiccLoliThighs
  • Cool 10
  • Thanks 3
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 13

[WKY19]
Beta Testers
2,354 posts
15,488 battles

Only if we can ban DDs, too, since DDs can have just as much impact on a match, if not more so, than a CV can.

• Cool 8
  • Funny 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 3

[MELON]
Members
984 posts
2,894 battles
49 minutes ago, Zaydin said:

Only if we can ban DDs, too, since DDs can have just as much impact on a match, if not more so, than a CV can.

And while we are at it, ban cruisers and battleships too

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Meh 2

[RLGN]
Members
16,842 posts
29,513 battles
1 hour ago, ThiccLoliThighs said:

How can you take t10 cb cv spot away but justify the placement of them in ranked.

Because WG logic.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[NG-NL]
Members
6,611 posts
10,993 battles

Stop being a tsundere about your affection for CVs

[SALVO]
Members
26,737 posts
32,132 battles
4 hours ago, ThiccLoliThighs said:

It makes the games passive and bad teams even more difficult to carry let alone if the cv you have is bad its a major ship class down. How can you take t10 cb cv spot away but justify the placement of them in rank

CBs are at tier 9 this season, not tier 10.

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
4,090 posts

CV's dont matter. Unless its a big enough carrier able to delete your cruiser in Clan Brawl at 1vs1.

There is no question the game is broken. I have CV players complaining that they are unemployed. While I abandon games with CV's in certain situations. Its a workaround. The ultimate decision would be to simply leave the wows game behind as I did for WoT 5 years ago. I am pretty close to that and it wont matter because many new players are coming in and unaware of just how horrific the product has become.

• Meh 1

[O2]
Members
582 posts
11,490 battles
6 hours ago, Koogus said:

And the water. I hate water. Get rid of it please.

• Cool 1

Members
77 posts
5 hours ago, Crucis said:

CBs are at tier 9 this season, not tier 10.

and this topic is about ranked, not CBs. And weren't you the guy popping in on that thread about ship bans in CBs telling the guy complaining about Musashis to just grind a Yamato or buy the ARP?

[WOLFG]
Members
34,394 posts
10,709 battles
11 hours ago, Zaydin said:

And to be fair, DDs are in every match, and often in quantity, CVs are not 

[-BCO-]
Members
3,026 posts
5,311 battles
17 hours ago, ThiccLoliThighs said:

It makes the games passive and bad teams even more difficult to carry let alone if the cv you have is bad its a major ship class down. How can you take t10 cb cv spot away but justify the placement of them in rank

Yeah please ban Cv's from ranked.

• Meh 1

[-BCO-]
Members
3,026 posts
5,311 battles
16 hours ago, Zaydin said:

Not even remotely true. A good Cv player can decide a match.

Members
90 posts
5,356 battles

One consideration that I often feel is missed is that WG themselves have limited the number of CVs to 1 to 2 per team in randoms, with 2 per team being somewhat rare, and I think they may have said at some point that it's not desired for double CV games to happen (maybe in a post about mm? I could be wrong). This limitation shows that they recognize that CVs can have an outsized impact on the game, and that 2 CVs per team is at the limit of what's acceptable. Ranked has only 7 players per team, meaning we have 1 CV to 6 ships. This is very close to the ratio when you're in a double CV game (1 CV to 5 ships). Playing ranked with CVs is basically like being in a double CV match, especially due to the smaller maps making it easier for the CV to switch focus from one flank to another as opposed to the maps in randoms which take a bit longer to traverse. Taken all together, I'm not surprised people complain about CVs in ranked, because I don't think I've ever seen someone be happy about double CVs in randoms. At least with a single CV per team in randoms you have the chance of not feeling the effect of their planes because they're focusing the other side of the map.

[DMGS]
Members
203 posts
7,415 battles
1 hour ago, MetalMatrix said:

Can we take away land, As Land is bad for all ships.. 

Enjoy “Ocean”. It’s especially fun for tier 8 radar cruisers stuck in tier X matches!

[--K--]
[--K--]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,918 posts
10,625 battles
20 hours ago, ThiccLoliThighs said:

How heartless can you be Thicc?  WG is just a poor, poor company that only generated a *mere* 70 million USD  for Lesta studios, they desperately need those CV engagement numbers up.  

After all, thousands' of players enjoyment is a small price to pay for the gold-trimming on the Yachts of those executives.  :Smile_child:

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Members
1,030 posts
11 minutes ago, CaliburxZero said:

How heartless can you be Thicc?  WG is just a poor, poor company that only generated a *mere* 70 million USD  for Lesta studios, they desperately need those CV engagement numbers up.  

After all, thousands' of players enjoyment is a small price to pay for the gold-trimming on the Yachts of those executives.  :Smile_child:

Yeah I guess ignoring your literal comp playerbase that had good ideas to balance the game is clearly the best way for the company to go. The fact that someone compared dd to cv which has many counters versus a class that can literally not be countered but by rng aka your flack, says all I need to know about the player base and the average cv player. Probably explains why things are the way they are now

• Cool 1

[REKTD]
Members
717 posts
11,973 battles
20 hours ago, Koogus said:

Finally! A suggestion that would pacify all of the whiners!

[SALVO]
Members
3,718 posts
7,569 battles

1. WG can't even ban or remove trully horrid characters like that Turtle guy , who wreck every single game they are in from ranked.  FOR SEASON AFTER SEASON HE DOES THIS STUFF... I can not imagine with the amount of reports that these plain A Holes get WHY they are still allowed to participate.

2. 95% of the players who are reasonably smart enough have pointed out for the past 2 years how incredibly unbalanced CVs are..... WG don't care about anything but the numbers of them played.

3. A Ranked system which has no way for bad apples to fail out of it. 

Taken together it gives me Zero hope of WG ever fixing CVs , removing them from ranked or doing anything but milking the appearance that the word "ranked" gives to the whole thing. 

Edited by eviltane
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[PIG]
[PIG]
Members
1,315 posts
6,840 battles
On 3/12/2021 at 2:29 AM, Zaydin said:

Agree. Ban also cruisers, they have too much AA and are difficult to torp and bomb.

• Boring 2