You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Carackas

First Time WOW P.T. (my feedback)

16 comments in this topic

[MCCAL]
Members
67 posts
3,872 battles

This is my first time on any Public Test for an internet wide game.  I've played my share of RPG and Action games but never participated in a Public Test server.  And this is also my first post in this forum so I might be in the wrong place at the wrong time however, i'm sure if that's the case someone will let me know.

My input...on 10.2 pt.  As a first time participant I think it was interesting.  The creative thinking on the futuristic ships and their changing appearances (depending on the chosen equipment) I thought was cool.  As far as the weapons some were more effective than others.  The ones that were the same or closely resembled the regular game weapons I felt had the least effectiveness on sustaining longevity.  The wave and plasma weapons seemed to be easier to use for me especially when your moving as quickly as you can in this Hunt scenario.  The ability to go underwater is a very strong advantage.  I saw people using it to get into portal and it worked quite a few times.

The Battle Points is still a mystery to me.  Exactly where do you redeem these points that you collect after each Hunt battle?  I looked in the Armory as the instruction indicated but couldn't find a thing.

I also found it hard to distinguish between a computer/game tech problem and the server being deliberately taken down for maintenance or event changes.  I suppose there is some form of communication I'm not aware of that indicates when a game or test has been completed.  Being new at this I'm sure I should be checking something when my client fails to connect with the PT server.

Because I have been playing the "Live" server for only a short time I haven't acquired a tier VIII ship through the Tech Tree so the P.T. server gave me the opportunity to not only try out a fully equipped tier VIII ship from many different nations but I enjoyed the luxury of having captains with 19 skill points to distribute.  That was enjoyable and gives me something to aim for on the live server.  Since my experience in this game is limited I can't give much in the way of experienced feed back.  Only new players perspective on the test.  Overall I think it was a great experience, I learned a few things, and it was fun....which of course is what it's suppose to all be about...FUN.

I look forward to the next PT.  

[SALVO]
Members
3,725 posts
7,576 battles

Wrong forum buddy. Or at least I think there’s a forum for it .  Let me know if I’m wrong ! 

Edited by eviltane
  • Cool 1

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
4,135 posts

Wrong section.

Also what happens in public test stays in public test. You can be excluded pernamently from PT or anything else in the future for talking about it where anyone can learn things that are not meant to be learned yet.

[SALVO]
Members
3,725 posts
7,576 battles
4 minutes ago, xHeavy said:

Wrong section.

Also what happens in public test stays in public test. You can be excluded pernamently from PT or anything else in the future for talking about it where anyone can learn things that are not meant to be learned yet.

I think  you mixing up public test with super test. As far as I knew public test was not under NDA. BUT I never bothered to spend time in either so not sure. 

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
583 posts
26,421 battles

It's fine to discuss your observations regarding PT.  There is no NDA for playing there.  Like the OP, I enjoyed playing high tier ships on PT before I got them in game.

[KREW]
Members
486 posts
22,330 battles
1 hour ago, xHeavy said:

No, just no... it's right there in the name PUBLIC test.

You are confusing the PTS with a CLOSED Test Server or Super-Tester NDA.

@Carackas reading the patch notes for 10.2 on the PTS, it sounds like Battle Points earned on the PTS will be transferred to the live server once 10.2 gets there.

Edited by Admiral_Kartoffel

[FORM]
Members
332 posts
2,362 battles
3 hours ago, Carackas said:

This is my first time on any Public Test for an internet wide game.

• Cool 1

[YORHA]
Members
5,455 posts
10,753 battles

Good Lord... some of the people on this forum.

Good to hear you enjoyed it and welcome to the forums.  Only about 90% of the people here are afflicted with SGITR (Smartest Guy In The Room) syndrome and 3-4% with NTPFWT (Need to Post Fast Without Thinking) syndrome but the other 6-7% are pretty helpful and some are even fun.

Enjoy!

[SALVO]
Members
9,558 posts
7,008 battles
3 hours ago, Carackas said:

This is my first time on any Public Test for an internet wide game. 

Hey, welcome to the forum. As most have already pointed out, there's a sub section for PT feedback. Follow Hapa's link.

BTW cool IGN, are you still stuck over there?

[SALVO]
Members
3,725 posts
7,576 battles
21 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

Good to hear you enjoyed it and welcome to the forums.  Only about 90% of the people here are afflicted with SGITR (Smartest Guy In The Room) syndrome and 3-4% with NTPFWT (Need to Post Fast Without Thinking) syndrome but the other 6-7% are pretty helpful and some are even fun.

Enjoy!

Then theres the guy who contributes nothing to the posts topic, still makes fun of people who tried and somehow thinks his posts are better then anyone else's .

Edited by eviltane
  • Boring 1

[MCCAL]
Members
67 posts
3,872 battles

I want to thank those people who were kind enough to let me know where I should have posted this feedback information.  I also would like to thank those people who corrected any false or misleading information that was posted.  I'm happy that the Public Server is not a place where Top Secret Information is meant for our eyes only and cannot be revealed without dire consequences....lol.  Yes...the word PUBLIC is kind of a dead giveaway.  I'm not sure what the abbreviation "IGN" stands for so I don't know how to reply to your question Arlskandir but thank you for the warm welcome.

The following posts were very helpful and I appreciate your feedback.  I look forward to joining you on our virtual sea of warships!

On 3/11/2021 at 10:59 AM, JCC45 said:

Enjoy!

On 3/11/2021 at 11:20 AM, ArIskandir said:

Hey, welcome to the forum. As most have already pointed out, there's a sub section for PT feedback. Follow Hapa's link.

BTW cool IGN, are you still stuck over there?

On 3/11/2021 at 10:47 AM, Arctander2 said:

On 3/11/2021 at 9:15 AM, eviltane said:

I think  you mixing up public test with super test. As far as I knew public test was not under NDA. BUT I never bothered to spend time in either so not sure. 

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
4,135 posts

And there you have it.

Many among us will take time to cross post etc.

Maybe I pull a Biden and stay confused. HAHAHA.

[MCCAL]
Members
67 posts
3,872 battles

I think it needs to be made clear what the word PUBLIC test really means.  It seems we have a difference of opinion on that subject and if what your saying is true then a lot of people could be getting themselves in trouble.  That to me seems a bit confusing don't ya think?

[YORHA]
Members
5,455 posts
10,753 battles
34 minutes ago, Carackas said:

I'm not sure what the abbreviation "IGN" stands for so I don't know how to reply to your question Arlskandir but thank you for the warm welcome.

IGN = Internet Game Name.  ie: Carackas.

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead, Privateers
16,640 posts
4,774 battles

Yeah, there is a PT Feedback forum, but it's nice to hear from a newbie.  Welcome to the forum.

On 3/11/2021 at 6:36 AM, Carackas said:

The Battle Points is still a mystery to me.  Exactly where do you redeem these points that you collect after each Hunt battle?  I looked in the Armory as the instruction indicated but couldn't find a thing.

The Armory is typically disabled in PT.  You'll find out what they're useful for with the rest of us, though in this case, I'm pretty sure they can be spent to upgrade your Hunt ships.

On 3/11/2021 at 8:10 AM, xHeavy said:

<ahem>  Pay the man in the monster truck no mind.  He sometimes has these bouts of gibbering. :Smile_sceptic: