You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

Updated Visual Effects Review

31 comments in this topic

[DPG]
Supertester
771 posts
19,795 battles

The Art dept. continues to knock it out of the park - Really looking forward to these improvements in game! 

• Cool 5

[WG]
Members
1 post
2,517 battles

Impressive work, can't wait to play, however, we also need better effects that give us feedback when our teammates are without engine or rudder.

[-WTP-]
Members
17 posts
12,777 battles

Art department has the highest morale for being liked by customers.

Meanwhile the game balance department is getting all jaded and isolated for having few to no customer-fans, so they throw changes out for sadistic pleasure and giggles.

Edited by olddirtynapkin
  • Funny 3
  • Sad 1

[RG]
Members
1 post

Love the improved graphics. But what I'd really like to see is adoption of High Dynamic Range and Wide Color. Dolby Vision more specifically. XBox announced support last fall and lots of PCs already support it. That will give you a much more noticeable improvement plus better depth perception due to the increased contrast ratio.

[WHARF]
Members
2 posts
5,505 battles

As long as the bug where all shell hit effects sounded like you were taking SAP damage was fixed, this might be one of the best updates since 0.8.0 and I cannot wait to experience this on the live server. It almost feels like a new game in a sense lol

Edited by RicoViking9000

[WTA]
Members
46 posts

The art department is again showing just what great skill and planning can do. Well done folks. As always you guys are the best. 

• Cool 4

[CAAT]
Members
2,353 posts
5,434 battles
4 minutes ago, _Rule_Britannia said:

a pointless update when there is so much that needs fixing

While I agree that there is a LOT that needs fixing (Grease The Gears, ISBA, Dead Eye's condition, CVs, AA, California's reload, etc, etc.), this graphic improvement overhaul is NOT unwelcome in the slightest! It honestly looks REALLY nice, and I can't wait to see it ingame!

• Cool 3

[UTWE]
Members
417 posts
8,140 battles
26 minutes ago, SaiIor_Moon said:

While I agree that there is a LOT that needs fixing (Grease The Gears, ISBA, Dead Eye's condition, CVs, AA, California's reload, etc, etc.), this graphic improvement overhaul is NOT unwelcome in the slightest! It honestly looks REALLY nice, and I can't wait to see it ingame!

Bruh who cares about Grease the Gears, ISBA, CV's, AA and California. They need to nerf pretty much every Russian ship into the ground to be balanced and radar needs a huge nerf. 

Edited by Iron_Salvo921
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[CAAT]
Members
2,353 posts
5,434 battles
15 minutes ago, Iron_Salvo921 said:

Bruh who cares about Grease the Gears, ISBA, CV's, AA and California. They need to nerf pretty much every Russian ship into the ground to be balanced and radar needs a huge nerf. 

*I* care. Although I do agree about radar needing fixing (it shouldn't go through islands and such).

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[LRT]
Members
255 posts
10,671 battles
3 hours ago, _Rule_Britannia said:

a pointless update when there is so much that needs fixing

Your just a whiner.

• Meh 2

[WKY19]
Beta Testers
2,354 posts
15,488 battles

The art department continues to carry the game.

[J_R]
Members
27 posts
4,968 battles

looking at the preview vids on youtube, the AA animations are a huge step forward, but the timing is too robotic as in the animations all happen at the same time. Perhpas a future update can randomize the animation timings to reflect a more real world condition

• Cool 1

Members
149 posts
6,010 battles

Excellent work. I might prefer the earlier, larger shell splashes in the water, but other than that these all look marvelous.

And did you notice that the AA mounts now track targets while firing??:Smile_medal: (Or did I just never notice before?)

[-DZ-]
Alpha Tester
38 posts
9,212 battles

Nice work, its welcomed !!! If your able to run this game on ultra settings you'll be amazed, but after awhile you'll realize that this game is in the past for graphics. My biggest issue with the graphics is the scenery there is none witch makes repetitious battles boring. Maps are plain they feel empty, there's nothing appealing to look at. The other issue is the ports. Port graphics are 1997 graphics, blockey buildings that have no character of there own no detail frankly if you have a zoom mode you can see that the building are actually blurry. New York's port is sad..... When I think of life like graphics I look towards the map in WOT Province. Buildings look real windows look like glass you can see through them exc. That's what this game needs real like graphics that are inviting to the eye and make you want to play not what we have today !!!! I do agree the game needs lots of fixing. I think we all can agree that radar has ruined this game. It seems like every ship has radar and radar can pen islands witch is not reality. I cant tell you the last time I played a DD must be atleast a year ago or more. Whats the point you hide in your smoke only to get radared. its insanity

• Meh 2

[3ONKS]
Alpha Tester
225 posts
5,734 battles

ART UPDATE

why do so many of you find it hard to get it into you're thick skulls. it is a ART update. the people who worked on this update have nothing to do with game balance ect.

the time that went into making this update did not take any dev time away from your balance concerns. so instead of saying "i wish they would spend more time of bla bla bla game balance" just enjoy the update. if you have criticisms on the update that actually pertain to the changes in the update (say you do not like the new fire animation) then that is fine, that feedback is what they would love to hear. if you want to hammer in more on commander 2.0, CV rework, subs ect, join one of the thousands of other threads that I am sure you already posted in.

thank you art department, you did a great job!

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[UDT]
[UDT]
Members
86 posts
22,522 battles

Very nice Effects update.

Makes the game that more interesting

When will you correct the spin of artillery?  Currently when you press the Z key to follow your rounds down range, they spin the wrong direction

Keep up the great work

r/

• Cool 1

[SST5]
[SST5]
Beta Testers
11 posts
10,893 battles

O.K. the visual is great. I would like to see more scenarios added and brought back. And what about the subs? When are they coming? The game is dyeing. My clan is falling apart because of these issues, no one is showing up for gaming on Warships. They are doing other games. I have been playing since CBT and love the game. I hope someone reads this and do something. I would hate to see ships go the way Tanks did.

Edited by space_55

[PUMA]
Members
1,238 posts
11,268 battles
On 3/12/2021 at 12:05 PM, tincan7 said:

Very nice Effects update.

Makes the game that more interesting

When will you correct the spin of artillery?  Currently when you press the Z key to follow your rounds down range, they spin the wrong direction

Keep up the great work

r/

My guess, most maps are actually in the southern hemisphere where things turn the other way :-)

• Haha 1

[HINON]
Members
9,245 posts
13,933 battles
On 3/12/2021 at 4:01 AM, Fog_Battleship_Gneisenau said:

why do so many of you find it hard to get it into you're thick skulls. it is a ART update. the people who worked on this update have nothing to do with game balance ect.

we know, it says alot when your playerbase thinks the ART department cares more for the game than the people that actually develop it

Edited by tcbaker777
  • Haha 1