You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Lord_Argus

So I Found The Coolest 3 Year Old Perm Camo I Didn't Know I Had and It's Freaking Amazing!!!

17 comments in this topic

[AKITA]
Members
396 posts

I just got the Worcester and I waited so long because I never wanted it so I totally ignored that line. I just got bored and had already finished all the BB lines, almost all the DD lines and just have a few left like the Worcester. I finally get it today after dragging my feet for months and I immediately go to outfit it. I click on the camos and low and behold I see I have a Perma Shark camo from way back in 2018!! I had totally forgot about that event and didn't even realize I had it but WOW does it ever look amazing! I wasn't even gonna play this ship after I finished the grind but now I gotta take her out a few times to show off lol

Feel like I found a 20 dollar bill in an old jacket hanging in my closet :)

Worcestersharks.jpg

• Cool 7
  • Funny 4

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
4,397 posts
13,097 battles

:cap_like:Grats, Worcester is a great ship in so many ways. She can be a damage farmer a utility/AA picket. May i recommend the radar upgrade module? It helps allot with hiding enemy ships; not just DDs.

[WOLFX]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,202 posts
4,554 battles

It's always nice to find permanent camos that one forgets about. Same thing happened to me with the Bismarck. Forgot all about doing something in an event that earned 2 different ones. I'm sporting the already damaged looking one now. (The bottom of the sea?)

I should check my inventory later and see if I have any more I've lost track of.

[ARGSY]
Members
25,540 posts
19,684 battles
4 hours ago, Lord_Argus said:

I click on the camos and low and behold I see I have a Perma Shark camo from way back in 2018!!

I always thought you had to deliberately buy one of those; you couldn't just win it accidentally. You must have grabbed it and put it away against the glorious day in the dim dark future when you might need it - and now that day has arrived!

BTW it's "Lo and behold". An older form of English.

[CUDA]
Members
619 posts
9,455 battles

I worked up to the Bismark because I'd earned the cammo. The three holes in the bow always get me.

[SGSS]
Members
6,294 posts
1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Free perma's are always good; especially T10

But Booo Sharks! GO EAGLES!!! :Smile_izmena:

Eagle is the best camo:cap_rambo:

Members
1,023 posts
4,265 battles

I've been here in MA for 10 years and I still mispronounce Worcester, at least "Lo and Behold" is spelled the way it sounds...

[SGSS]
Members
6,294 posts
2 hours ago, surratus said:

I've been here in MA for 10 years and I still mispronounce Worcester, at least "Lo and Behold" is spelled the way it sounds...

Lol.  I lived in Quincy about 2 miles from Salem.  Have you been to her yet?

Battleship cove is not far either.  You can make a weekend of it. 

Stay at Luzzy Bordens house.  Fall River is...wellll lets just say not the town it use to be.

[KAPPA]
Members
1,603 posts
8,960 battles

I was never that fond of either the eagle or shark camo from that event, though I admit it is nice to have a permacamo waiting for you on a ship that you just unlocked. That said, I was very much on the shark team for that event, I saw it as revenge for team Water from 2016, which I still say had the best camo any such event has had, even if it didn't change the model of the ship. Personally I'd have been happier if the sharks permacamo looked a bit more like this....shot-21_01.14_21_08.59-0253.thumb.jpg.c88ff5f6d91d051fa0ded867256d50ee.jpg

Still, pretty nice to not have to spend to get a useable perma camo. I've still got the April fool's space camo waiting for me on Gearing, whenever I finally get around to finishing that grind.

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead, Privateers
16,585 posts
4,774 battles
16 hours ago, Lord_Argus said:

Perma Shark camo

Eagles !!

That is cooler than the one I got for Des Moines (which I too haven't used).

"Don't tread on me or I'll bite your [donkey] off."

Edited by iDuckman

[NOVUM]
Members
194 posts
7,023 battles

Nice.

Reminds me that I've still got the Iron Cross camo for Pommern sitting in my inventory. Had to get Georgia and Thunderer first but I think Pommern will be my next coal ship.  Should only take 6 months or so....

[ARGSY]
Members
773 posts
11,694 battles

My all time favorite. Too bad the ship is so average. But I still play in on occasion because of this skin. 

polish.jpg

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
15,698 posts
On 3/11/2021 at 1:00 AM, Lord_Argus said:

I just got the Worcester and I waited so long because I never wanted it so I totally ignored that line. I just got bored and had already finished all the BB lines, almost all the DD lines and just have a few left like the Worcester. I finally get it today after dragging my feet for months and I immediately go to outfit it. I click on the camos and low and behold I see I have a Perma Shark camo from way back in 2018!! I had totally forgot about that event and didn't even realize I had it but WOW does it ever look amazing! I wasn't even gonna play this ship after I finished the grind but now I gotta take her out a few times to show off lol

Worcestersharks.jpg

Congrats on finding that. I saw one a few months ago in the game and had to take a closer look and mull over it for awhile before I recalled where those camos came from.

[WPORT]
Members
11,541 posts
15,861 battles
On 3/11/2021 at 2:00 AM, Lord_Argus said:

Worcestersharks.jpg

:cap_look: