Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ArIskandir

Would you still play Randoms if you had other options?

Would you still play Randoms if you had other options?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. If you had other Game Modes available for PvP, would you still play Randoms consistently?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe/IDK
  2. 2. Is Randoms your preferred PvP format?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe/IDK
  3. 3. What is your preferred PvP game mode?

• Random
    • Ranked
    • Clan Battles
    • Brawls (3 vs 3)
    • Duels (1 vs 1)
    • I don't play PvP
    • Other PvP modes (Arms Race, Asymmetric, etc)

23 comments in this topic

[SALVO]
Members
9,501 posts
6,975 battles

I'm curious if you guys would be interested in keep playing Randoms for PvP interaction if you had the option of playing a wider array of PvP modes. Feel free to explain why you would or wouldn't.

Edit: 

Added option for other unspecified PvP modes like Arms Race or Asymmetrics

Edited by ArIskandir

[NMKJT]
Members
3,381 posts
8,585 battles

If Randoms was smaller team sizes I'd probably enjoy it more. Ranked is like that, but the Ranked reward ladder poisons it.

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 1

[KWF]
Members
6,715 posts
7,321 battles

I really liked that limited time when Arms Race was offered as its separate mode. Fun, goofy battles with good payouts, ideal for grinding some ship you probably wouldn't touch.

[SALVO]
Members
9,501 posts
6,975 battles
4 minutes ago, warhear1992 said:

I really liked that limited time when Arms Race was offered as its separate mode. Fun, goofy battles with good payouts, ideal for grinding some ship you probably wouldn't touch.

TY, added option for other modes.

[LANCE]
Members
940 posts
7,023 battles

I’d like to see more operations added but I think we all know that isn’t going to happen!:cap_old:

Making money is business however they possibly could if they offered a “rental” premium to play Dynamo or Cherry Blossom which have limited ship type options. Those that don’t have them may be tempted to part ways with some cash!

Playing with my clan mates in CW is top but we do soften jump into Naria for a break from it. After that it’s usually randoms div’d

• Cool 1

[WOLFX]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,202 posts
4,562 battles

I answered I don't know to the first, as it depends on what other modes would be available.

Randoms as it sits right now are my favorite PvP format, but I have found that I rarely play them anymore. Not making this a CV thread, but around the time the rework dropped there was a snowflake event. I went to co-op for the event, and decided to stay there until the rework dust settled. Just kinda ended up staying.

Like @Bravo4zero mentioned I really find operations a lot of fun. Reminds me a bit of the dungeons in World of Warcraft. Small group, generally outnumbered, maybe random, maybe not, working together against a series of somewhat scripted encounters. I'd like to see more of that. I suppose it's my preferred non-pvp activity.

I'm looking forward to the free for all mode that's coming (can't remember the name of it). That may pull me back into PvP, at least somewhat. We shall see.

• Cool 1

[-VT-]
Members
1,368 posts
31,325 battles

I would like them to update the Scenarios and make a few more, a Tier 8 one.  

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,567 posts
13,017 battles
2 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

I'm curious if you guys would be interested in keep playing Randoms for PvP interaction if you had the option of playing a wider array of PvP modes. Feel free to explain why you would or wouldn't.

Edit: 

My dude and frequent forum poster there is not a piece of bacon to be found in this poll . This is a severe violation I cant vote yet .

America's Hoosier lottery has launched bacon scented tickets and we want  in! | Metro News

Edited by clammboy
  • Cool 3

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
4,649 posts

i'd play the mode which didn't come with island humping fire storms...

• Meh 1

[-BCO-]
Members
3,026 posts
5,311 battles
1 hour ago, Bravo4zero said:

I’d like to see more operations added .......

Making money is business however they possibly could if they offered a “rental” premium to play Dynamo or Cherry Blossom which have limited ship type options. Those that don’t have them may be tempted to part ways with some cash!

Playing with my clan mates in CW is top but we do soften jump into Naria for a break from it. After that it’s usually randoms div’d

100% this.In fact until they will do that......no moneyz from me.

• Cool 3

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
4,086 posts

There is no point.

I play the random my way. And NO carriers end. dot. period.

Everytime I take off with Shima in Random to go after the back row deadeyes with 12 km torps there is such salt and abuse from my teammates on chat that I disable it. F them. They can all sit there and be bait while i get to sinking them range.

I play a few randoms a month. There is no point.

Edited by xHeavy

[SIM]
Members
5,909 posts
9,432 battles

The only mode that would credibly pull me from randoms would be a ladder mode or some other type with performance based matchmaking. 

[SALVO]
Members
9,501 posts
6,975 battles
51 minutes ago, clammboy said:

My dude and frequent forum poster there is not a piece of bacon to be found in this poll . This is a severe violation I cant vote yet .

America's Hoosier lottery has launched bacon scented tickets and we want  in! | Metro News

LOL... but Maybe/IDK is lower on Cholesterol, I'm worried about your health!

[SALVO]
Members
9,501 posts
6,975 battles
9 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

The only mode that would credibly pull me from randoms would be a ladder mode or some other type with performance based matchmaking. 

Would you be interested in playing a hybrid PvP/PvE mode akin to Escape from Tarkov but with ships?

[XXX]
Members
744 posts
1,698 battles
11 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

This. There needs to be, much like there are in almost ALL other multiplayer PvP games, two modes. Random/Casual and Competitive. Rewards are the same between them, thus no person who wants to play 'for fun' has any incentive to go into the Competitive mode. Maybe off one unique camo per season but it doesn't offer anything over regular premium camo, something like a solid bronze/silver/gold camo that can be applied to any ship. Do you 10 placement matches, get put into your league, if you do well enough, you can be promoted out of that league and into the next one.

Rainbow Six Siege does this, you have Casual and Ranked...but since we already HAVE a game mode called Ranked (which is just 'how much time are you willing to throw into the mode' and not 'how skilled are you')...well that doesn't work so Competitive would have to suffice.

Edited by Yandere_Roon

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,567 posts
13,017 battles
1 minute ago, ArIskandir said:

I really do eat to much bacon in the morning . It's amazing the grease that comes off of 4 slices cooked in a pan it's scary . I voted in the poll and yes I would still play random games .  I like them and ranked best especially when I can stay in one league like the bronze league then I like the ranked  .

[SALVO]
Members
9,501 posts
6,975 battles
1 minute ago, clammboy said:

I really do eat to much bacon in the morning . It's amazing the grease that comes off of 4 slices cooked in a pan it's scary . I voted in the poll and yes I would still play random games .  I like them and ranked best especially when I can stay in one league like the bronze league then I like the ranked  .

I have this problem digesting pork fat in particular. Eating bacon would totally disable me for a couple of days. I like Ranked a lot too, hope to meet you there one of these days, I'm also staying in Bronze this season.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,567 posts
13,017 battles
1 minute ago, ArIskandir said:

like Ranked a lot too, hope to meet you there one of these days,

Yea that would be cool same team hopefully .

[KREW]
Members
486 posts
22,330 battles
39 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

I have this problem digesting pork fat in particular. Eating bacon would totally disable me for a couple of days.

image.png.1701c21d1299b2222254a2f7f9b26e9b.png

Members
695 posts
18,128 battles

I’d play some country based fights (eg. allies vs axis), and I think some big fights (~50v50) might be interesting. I liked the asymmetric battles, but probably wouldn’t stick with it because of how broken some ships were and how little individuals could carry dimwits.

[REKTD]
Members
717 posts
11,961 battles
5 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

Edit: 

I would, but would definitely play other modes far more. 
To be clear, Randoms sux so bad some days I play other games. That time would be spent here had they invested in other actual game modes, more scenario maps etc instead of “reworks”.

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
4,086 posts
5 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

Nah, don't be.

A gallon of coffee, splash of high sulphur fuel, a dab of tabasco sauce to clear your smoking clogged nose consuming bacon and western omlette with everything on it. Or steak and western omlette. Backed by fries and gravy and something green. Gets you going a thousand miles.

What I really love is the old roach coach, food trucks of the day. They can have some of the best street food there is ever. If they tried to sell it today it will be lethal to others unused to it. Toss a few extra in a roll of newspaper or foil for a few days. Dont know where and when you will eat again.

As long your gall bladder near your stomach is functioning normally you are doing well. Fat is actually necessary to being human. it goes to the gall bladder and then processed into something the intestines can use to digest the food and fat.

I spent a lifetime eating everything and the more I worked in the extreme conditions such as -55 before windchill down into the -90's you burn so many calories every day, about 10 to 13000 per 24 hours. Expensive. But if you are making good money, the food is cheap and good. Just fast in louisana. Whip you a batch and go. Or slow cook a week in Texas before you come along. Maybe in the east you find something scraped up and called pit beef. Makes a man out of boys and women out of girls in a hurry. In the west you learn to do without, be a while before you get somewhere to be served a good spread. It might be a few days before you get back to civilization.

I do what I can to drain off the grease. I try not to take too much of it. Also the heart surgeon has put me through a full batteries of tests medically to see where I am with the heart. He essentially finds nothing to do other than a couple minor issues. The heart and vessals are like a battleship and almost as clean despite my hard trucking days.

What I cannot tolerate is crappy food. Either the cook did not fix it properly or the food itself as a processed product is overdone. Sometimes you have to fix it yourself to do it right.

Sign in to follow this