Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Litigo_1970

1 v 1 Brawl, Epicenter, Two Brother

9 comments in this topic

[TSF]
Members
598 posts
15,722 battles

This combination may be the dumbest idea WG has ever had.

1v1 is fun and all, but on epicenter mode, in two brothers, there are certain ships that cannot win against certain classes with the correct strategy. Like, zero win chance, regardless of skill or rng.

Slow Battleships, particularly Kii, Bismark, Tirpitz, will lose 100% of the time in this game mode on this map against a DD or Cruiser who knows  the correct strategy, without either side ever firing a shot. 

Why  would WG create a combination of game conditions that creates a ZERO win chance against correct play?

Edited by Litigo_1970
  • Sad 1

[PHD]
Members
2,001 posts
7,774 battles
1 hour ago, Litigo_1970 said:

1v1 is fun and all, but on epicenter mode, in two brothers, there are certain ships that cannot win against certain classes with the correct strategy. Like, zero win chance, regardless of skill or rng.

Slow Battleships, particularly Kii, Bismark, Tirpitz, will lose 100% of the time in this game mode on this map against a DD or Cruiser who knows  the correct strategy, without either side ever firing a shot. 

Why  would WG create a combination of game conditions that creates a ZERO win chance against correct play?

Always use a CV, WG will thank you.

A RPF skilled captain  would be an advantage too, I think. (should you not go with the recomendation above.)

Edited by GrayPanther2018
additional info

[SALVO]
Members
9,421 posts
6,928 battles

2Bros Epicenter is beyond imaginable.

If you have similar speeds and knowledge, the stalemate is mind boggling. 

Talk to your opponent, deciding the match by Yolo is way better than a boring cap out. So for 100% agreement on deciding the winner by Yolo down the channel

• Boring 1

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,716 posts
19,640 battles

I've had this map several times today while playing the Massachusetts vs destroyers and cruisers; won all of them. Simply push forward as fast as possible, through the center, and out the other side. If they try to stay in the middle angle for the torps and obliterate them with your main guns; obviously HE for dds and AP for everything else. If they try to stay concealed just outside the center, best possibility, you overrun them because they can't get away. Yes, you'll eat torps, but you're going to regardless so might as well win the match while doing so. 

[SALVO]
Members
9,421 posts
6,928 battles
1 minute ago, Jolly_Rodgered said:

I've had this map several times today while playing the Massachusetts vs destroyers and cruisers; won all of them. Simply push forward as fast as possible, through the center, and out the other side. If they try to stay in the middle angle for the torps and obliterate them with your main guns; obviously HE for dds and AP for everything else. If they try to stay concealed just outside the center, best possibility, you overrun them because they can't get away. Yes, you'll eat torps, but you're going to regardless so might as well win the match while doing so. 

If your opponent has half a brain you'll lose 100% guaranteed.

He will cap first, then wait for you to enter second ring and move up to block you, follow you into center ring and block you. By then he has cap advantage, then it is a matter of YOLO torp and ram for the win. There are very few ships you can Dev strike from full HP in one volley and that's all the time you'll have, one volley.

• Boring 1

[-REK-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
767 posts
36 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

He will cap first, then wait for you to enter second ring and move up to block you, follow you into center ring and block you. By then he has cap advantage, then it is a matter of YOLO torp and ram for the win. There are very few ships you can Dev strike from full HP in one volley and that's all the time you'll have, one volley.

Richy one shotted my Amalfi   

[SALVO]
Members
9,421 posts
6,928 battles
17 minutes ago, HooplaJones said:

Richy one shotted my Amalfi   

Yikes, your RNG needs more chickens and you need to show a bit more belt

[SALVO]
Members
3,711 posts
7,564 battles
2 hours ago, Litigo_1970 said:

Its just flat out wrong.  I have won this map multiple times.  

48 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

I will have to disagree with you here Arl.  Like the guy you replied too I have played against torp spammers that tried to block me in my Mass with volleys of torps. I have also won against faster boats who tried to play the points game. Thing is center point generates as many  resources as both outer rings combined and even the fastest boat can't be in all 3 of them.  So as a BB you are left with 2 strategies.

Cap outermost ring first and prepare to kite out from center. While capping the most outer ring you can see what the DD is planning to do .  Is he blocking the most outer ring  then hes either going round the outside or blocking you from capping. Either case he isn't rushing center. Position BB on edge of the outer 2 rings. Play with capping either one  to determine DD movement.  If hes going for the center put yourself 5.5 km from center of map pointing outwards. You will get several volleys off on him. 

Rush center to take it and push DD out.  Just bow in take the brutal punch to the nose it will saturate and the follow up volleys wont do enough damage.   Quite frankly the only ships that could possibly  wipe out a mass with one single load of torps  are royal navy ships with precisely aimed single fire torps or Jap DDs who still need atleast 1 full reload cycle to finish you.  

[SALVO]
Members
9,421 posts
6,928 battles
2 minutes ago, eviltane said:

Its just flat out wrong.  I have won this map multiple times.  

I will have to disagree with you here Arl.  Like the guy you replied too I have played against torp spammers that tried to block me in my Mass with volleys of torps. I have also won against faster boats who tried to play the points game. Thing is center point generates as many  resources as both outer rings combined and even the fastest boat can't be in all 3 of them.  So as a BB you are left with 2 strategies.

Cap outermost ring first and prepare to kite out from center. While capping the most outer ring you can see what the DD is planning to do .  Is he blocking the most outer ring  then hes either going round the outside or blocking you from capping. Either case he isn't rushing center. Position BB on edge of the outer 2 rings. Play with capping either one  to determine DD movement.  If hes going for the center put yourself 5.5 km from center of map pointing outwards. You will get several volleys off on him. 

Rush center to take it and push DD out.  Just bow in take the brutal punch to the nose it will saturate and the follow up volleys wont do enough damage.   Quite frankly the only ships that could possibly  wipe out a mass with one single load of torps  are royal navy ships with precisely aimed single fire torps or Jap DDs who still need atleast 1 full reload cycle to finish you.  

Ok, I'll tell you my recipe to beat a Mass. This is accounting for you having a faster ship, cruiser or DD.

You will cap the outer ring first and very likely have some ticks of advantage, then you'll move up to the border of the next circle and wait for the BB. If he stays in the outer ring to block you, you already have a couple ticks advantage and will win over time, so he needs to move. From then on you basically shadow him and block him from capping. Eventually you'll meet up at the center, he will fire a volley at you and odds are won't delete you in one volley, then it is just softening with torps and finishing with a ram.

Mass is a tough nut to crack, first time I faced one I almost screwed up because the thing laughed at my six torps, and I had to reverse for a very awkward ram. Now I perfected the technique, with Prinz Eugen and ram flag you can outright kill 67500 HP. That plus some chip damage you do on your way in turns out to be enough for any possible BB you face. It is cheesy I know, but stupidly effective. TBH I haven't tested this yet with DDs, but for most of them the torps + ram flag combo should be enough to achieve similar results.

• Boring 1

Sign in to follow this