You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Farm_Fresh_Eggs

Dry Dock: Vampire 2 - would be badass

23 comments in this topic

[5D]
Members
1,180 posts
16,042 battles

i prefer not , you would ended most likely to have to buy over 10 stage just to be able to ocmplete the grind , drydock is a money grab  it a terrible idea ....

• Cool 1

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,565 posts
12,999 battles
On 3/10/2021 at 1:44 AM, dad003 said:

i prefer not , you would ended most likely to have to buy over 10 stage just to be able to ocmplete the grind , drydock is a money grab  it a terrible idea ....

Why I got the Odin for just the last 2 stages you had to buy came out to like 17 dollars good deal . 

Edited by clammboy

Members
1,781 posts
5 minutes ago, clammboy said:

Why I got the Odin for just the last 4 stages you had to buy came out to like 17 dollars good deal . 

Odin was a pretty good deal, especially considering you got Graf Spee with an extra camo as well. The grind was also very manageable compared to other dockyards following it, not the least compared to PR itself.

However, given the increases in price and grind over the last few dockyards and that Vampire 2 is a T10 afaik, the price would probably be more substantial and the grind more extensive. We will see, the next dockyard is a new german DD so maybe that will shed some light on it.

Personally, I am very intrigued by Vampire 2 and would love to get her for coal or fXP, though 2M or whatever it would be is quite a chunk. Steel or RB would be a shame as I don't really have access to that, unfortunately.

[RCNW6]
Members
425 posts
5 hours ago, Farm_Fresh_Eggs said:

Any chance that WeeGee would make this happen?

Has Wargaming ever done a dry dock event for a Tier X ship? (the Vampire II is listed as a Tier X on the Wiki). 

If so that would be pretty awesome since the Vampire II looks like a fun ship.  

[A-I-M]
Members
4,093 posts
15,348 battles
4 minutes ago, WaywardVariable said:

Has Wargaming ever done a dry dock event for a Tier X ship? (the Vampire II is listed as a Tier X on the Wiki). 

If so that would be pretty awesome since the Vampire II looks like a fun ship.  

The first one: Puerto Rico

• Thanks 1

[RCNW6]
Members
425 posts
2 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

The first one: Puerto Rico

Ahh..cool thanks! I missed that one (my first was Hizen). 

[ARGSY]
Members
25,540 posts
19,684 battles
29 minutes ago, WaywardVariable said:

You missed nothing. The grind was technically free to finish, but even as one of WG's staunchest defenders I thought it was insane. If you played your aft off and kept your eye on the goal you could still get a Tier 10 supercruiser for 15,000 doubloons, but I didn't quite make that cutoff (which was my fault). The nastiness of the grind made the time-dependency of finishing the various directive stages a horror, and they gave us way too much to do in the time we had to do it.

If they'd said "Okay, this is the grind price of obtaining Puerto Rico, here's three patches to do it in, get to work", even what they gave us would have been reasonable. But five weeks to do all that was just stupid.

It caused major changes in the way these Dockyards are run, and probably led indirectly to the current system of directives which can be split across multiple patches. If they could have done that, they might have been able to stretch the more onerous tasks in the mid portion of the event over two patches and keep things as they were while making it possible. 

It's one shining example of WG actually learning its lesson and doing much better the next time around.  But a Dockyard for a Tier 10 ship even under the current rules would still be onerous, and I think it would be a very good thing not to have to obtain a Tier 10 ship in this fashion.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[RCNW6]
Members
425 posts
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

You missed nothing. The grind was technically free to finish, but even as one of WG's staunchest defenders I thought it was insane. If you played your aft off and kept your eye on the goal you could still get a Tier 10 supercruiser for 15,000 doubloons, but I didn't quite make that cutoff (which was my fault). The nastiness of the grind made the time-dependency of finishing the various directive stages a horror, and they gave us way too much to do in the time we had to do it.

If they'd said "Okay, this is the grind price of obtaining Puerto Rico, here's three patches to do it in, get to work", even what they gave us would have been reasonable. But five weeks to do all that was just stupid.

It caused major changes in the way these Dockyards are run, and is one shining example of WG actually learning its lesson and doing much better the next time around.  But a Dockyard for a Tier 10 ship even under the current rules would still be onerous, and I think it would be a very good thing not to have to obtain a Tier 10 ship in this fashion.

Thanks for the info, In that case, I'm glad I missed it.

[SALVO]
Members
3,711 posts
7,564 battles

Nooooooooooo.  Do not put Vampire II in the stupid dockyard.

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
13,390 posts
12,784 battles
9 minutes ago, eviltane said:

Nooooooooooo.  

PR flashback?

[SOLOH]
[SOLOH]
Beta Testers
4,320 posts

Here is an idea Have the mid point ship be WV 41 and at the end it gets upgraded to a WV 44 and the dockyard shows both the building and the upgrading

[SALVO]
Members
3,711 posts
7,564 battles
48 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

PR flashback?

Lol kinda.  Benham really.  Great DD locked up behind some stupidly long grind that someone cant do if they only have 7-10 hours to play a week.   Even if WG charges 2 mil free XP for it or 30k steel or 300k coal.  I can save that up.  I can't save up or spend that much time playing as the dockyard requires.

Edited by eviltane

[WOLFG]
Members
13,390 posts
12,784 battles
18 minutes ago, eviltane said:

Lol kinda.  Benham really.  Great DD locked up behind some stupidly long grind that someone cant do if they only have 7-10 hours to play a week.   Even if WG charges 2 mil free XP for it or 30k steel or 300k coal.  I can save that up.  I can't save up or spend that much time playing as the dockyard requires.

Yeah, a tier 10 dockyard will be grindy or expensive (or both).

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,565 posts
12,999 battles
5 hours ago, shinytrashcan said:

Odin was a pretty good deal, especially considering you got Graf Spee with an extra camo as well. The grind was also very manageable compared to other dockyards following it, not the least compared to PR itself.

However, given the increases in price and grind over the last few dockyards and that Vampire 2 is a T10 afaik, the price would probably be more substantial and the grind more extensive. We will see, the next dockyard is a new german DD so maybe that will shed some light on it.

Personally, I am very intrigued by Vampire 2 and would love to get her for coal or fXP, though 2M or whatever it would be is quite a chunk. Steel or RB would be a shame as I don't really have access to that, unfortunately.

Yes the RB is no good for me either I don’t even have 5 tech tier 10 ships . I just thought that getting Vampire 2 in the dockyard would still be better than 2 or 3 million coal . You could grind until you decide what the ship is worth to you in doubloons and then use them to get it  . You kind of set your own price .

[THICC]
Beta Testers
1,110 posts
7,302 battles

They don't put good ships in the drydock.  The closest we've gotten was PR, everything since then has been average at best.

[SOLOH]
[SOLOH]
Beta Testers
4,320 posts
44 minutes ago, LuckyStarFan said:

They don't put good ships in the drydock.  The closest we've gotten was PR, everything since then has been average at best.

Odin was pretty good until they nerfed it

[-NOM-]
Members
545 posts
10,429 battles

By drydock do you mean the video series? Or do you mean "Dockyard" (aka PR, Odin, Anchorage, Hizen)

[THICC]
Beta Testers
1,110 posts
7,302 battles
3 hours ago, Triela50 said:

Odin was pretty good until they nerfed it

I'd argue she's average, given she is similar to Tirpitz but different.  Same with Anchorage, an okay ship, but not really worth the time and money to me.  I very much doubt they will put a ship as strong as Vampire 2 up for 5k doubloons + grind.

[--K--]
[--K--]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,912 posts
10,605 battles
6 hours ago, eviltane said:

Nooooooooooo.  Do not put Vampire II in the stupid dockyard.

I second this.

• Cool 2

[PHD]
Members
2,001 posts
7,774 battles

The Dockyard is a grind I really don't wish to do. I did the Odin mostly to get the Graf Spee. I did finish and get the Odin as well but have not played them since.

As at present, post/mid Skills Rework, my interest in playing the game is much reduced. I have barely an interest in playing the game let alone getting into a dock yard grind.

While the Vampire II is not an interest right now I would not like to see it in a dockyard event. And as in another event, I think, the DD is so simple to build WG would have to add extra levels to make it grindy enough.

[USN]
Members
1,747 posts
21,972 battles
9 hours ago, WaywardVariable said:

Has Wargaming ever done a dry dock event for a Tier X ship?

9 hours ago, WaywardVariable said:

We don't talk about Puerto Rico, just search "Puerto Rico" or "PR Disaster" in the forums and reddit and you'll quickly understand why

• Cool 1