You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
crazyferret23777

Best BB's for Brawl mode?

21 comments in this topic

[WKY19]
Beta Testers
2,354 posts
15,488 battles

Massachusetts is a good choice if you got her before she was removed. Tirpitz or Kii, maybe; BBs armed with torpedoes and all that.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
32,203 posts
26,997 battles
22 minutes ago, Zaydin said:

Massachusetts is a good choice if you got her before she was removed. Tirpitz or Kii, maybe; BBs armed with torpedoes and all that.

Last time there was Tier VIII 1 v 1, Tirpitz was the "go to" ship for a lot of people, and she still did well.

But a big difference is that last time that happened, it was December 2019... Old school Manual Secondaries.  How are secondaries holding up now in this new 1 vs 1?

[WKY19]
Beta Testers
2,354 posts
15,488 battles
26 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Last time there was Tier VIII 1 v 1, Tirpitz was the "go to" ship for a lot of people, and she still did well.

But a big difference is that last time that happened, it was December 2019... Old school Manual Secondaries.  How are secondaries holding up now in this new 1 vs 1?

Why do you think MA was my first suggestion? Good main guns and a quick charging heal plus good torpedo defenses.

[WOLFG]
Members
800 posts
15,782 battles

Odin. Played 4 games in it last night. 4 wins. 2 wins against Bismarcks, 2 wins against DDs... a Le Terrible and a z-23 or z-35, don't remember which one, just remember it was German.

[GT3]
Members
232 posts
8,295 battles

Tirpitz is still great but Odin has torps AND hydro and might be the new ringer.

Edited by Mego_Splat
grammar
  • Cool 2

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
4,082 posts

If it was me I'll reach for the vladvistock. That thing can delete certain VIII ships in one salvo and has the armor to soak long enough to ram you to finish it.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,567 posts
13,017 battles

I wasn’t playing much but I watched a lot of streaming Le Terrible looked pretty tough to deal with if you were in a BB . 

Edited by clammboy

[SPTR]
Members
27,729 posts
18,515 battles

IMO the top 5 BBs you wanna take from best of the best to least Best is:

1. Odin

2. Tirpitz

3. Massachusetts or Bismarck

4. Kii

5(?). Any other t8 BB that you have prolonged months worth of experience in playing.

[WOLFG]
Members
800 posts
15,782 battles
4 hours ago, Mego_Splat said:

Tirpitz is still great but Odin has torps AND hydro and might be the new ringer.

Hydro definitely helps. Wouldn't have beat those two DDs I mentioned in my post here in this thread without it. It let me see where they were behind islands. Then probably wouldn't have beat the Bismarcks without the torps. Odin is a great all around ship for 1vs1in my opinion. Haven't come across a CV or cruiser in it yet.

[WOLFC]
Members
3,374 posts
12,101 battles

With the usual caveats about taking a ship that you are comfortable with and and have experience in, I would say that in regards to BBs the best ones have either 16” guns OR torpedoes.

15” guns can’t overmatch 27mm bows, and while American cruisers are generally poor choices for this mode (no torpedoes),  Admiral Hipper and Prinz Eugen are quite strong and popular.

Odin, MA, Tirpitz, and to a lesser degree Kii are all great picks. Among tech tree BBs I’d argue that Amagi, NC, and Vladivostok would be good picks. Bismarck was a decent choice last time we had 1v1, but with the changes to secondary skills I’m not so sure she’s as good this time around. Her one saving grace is her hydro to help against DDs, I suppose, but if you have Odin she’s the stronger pick.

Edited by Nevermore135

[DEV_X]
[DEV_X]
Alpha Tester
3,358 posts
28,289 battles

I'm having great success in Kii. Decent AA, decent secondaries, great guns for the tier caliber wise, and torpedoes with great angles and range. You can push on ships without torpedoes and when a Tirpitz or Odin wants to torp you can easily kite.

[X-PN]
Members
2,105 posts
13,625 battles

Mainz has been my go to ship.  It does very well against all BBs listed above.  It usually takes 6 to 7 torps to take down a BB so that gives you 1 to spare.

[SALVO]
Members
9,489 posts
6,975 battles

Playing a Prinz E, the only BBs that cause some trouble are Odin and Kii. All others are just dead meat.

[FORM]
Members
2,429 posts
13,643 battles

Assuming you have a high point captain for it, I agree with the consensus on the big three (in no particular order,) Mass, Tirp & Odin. Each have lots of great strengths to fit depending on what your opponent is.

But for non-premium, I'd say the Biz (again assuming you have a high tier captain.)

[INTEL]
Members
3,474 posts
20,556 battles
3 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

Playing a Prinz E, the only BBs that cause some trouble are Odin and Kii. All others are just dead meat.

If you want to run a cruiser Prinz E is hard to beat.  It has great torpedo angles, great hydro and very good maneuverability using double rudder shift.  I have a captain that is AA spec and with the fighter option it gives the Prinz decent protection from CVs long enough to either chase him down or get at least one cap for the points win.  Even so, very good CV payers will have the advantage.

To answer the OP, I concur with others that Odin is very good.

[PT-NG]
[PT-NG]
Members
23 posts
14,431 battles

Para min é Odin com bons resultados
Mas também depende do cenário que calha; se para mar aberto é difícil contra BB (KII e Massa)
Mas se para ilhas os DD são mais difíceis!

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
32,203 posts
26,997 battles

It's too bad WoWS Stats & Numbers doesn't have a stat section for this event like they did the first time around.  Would have been entertaining to see what people were taking, what ships succeeded and failed.  The last time there were a lot of entertaining surprises.

Tirpitz was insane.

All DDs but the French ones were doing terrible.

Prinz Eugen did pretty well while a lot of other Cruisers were significantly worse.

Would have been fun to see stats due to the Skill Rebork changes (secondaries vastly different now) and the addition of newer ships since then like Mainz, Odin, A.V.Parceval, etc.