You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
murder_0ne

Odin not available for purchase? :(

16 comments in this topic

[F4E-2]
Members
390 posts
7,722 battles

Ship tree still shows it available, but I can't find it in the premium shop or the armory. Am I missing something? is it FXP or RP or something? I looked in the RP shop as well. 

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
4,082 posts

Thats a dockyard ship. From a few seasons ago.

Agir is the nearest in spirit. Thats a million xp in the tree.

• Cool 1

Members
1,781 posts
11 minutes ago, murder_0ne said:

Ship tree still shows it available, but I can't find it in the premium shop or the armory. Am I missing something? is it FXP or RP or something? I looked in the RP shop as well. 

Don't worry, after the secondary nerf the ship is not really worth it anymore.

I would guess about a year to 18 months after the initial release of the dockyards they might bring her back for sale, probably limited time only. But that is just wild speculation on my part.

• Cool 1

[F4E-2]
Members
390 posts
7,722 battles
16 minutes ago, shinytrashcan said:

I would guess about a year to 18 months after the initial release of the dockyards they might bring her back for sale, probably limited time only. But that is just wild speculation on my part.

Dang. Would be perfect for what I want to do with brawls right now, even with the secondary nerf.

[NMKJT]
Members
3,379 posts
8,585 battles
4 minutes ago, murder_0ne said:

Dang. Would be perfect for what I want to do with brawls right now, even with the secondary nerf.

Tirpitz is probably as good or better for that aside from size diff and hydro. I like personally like Odin, but you're not missing something as crazy as MA.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,887 posts
24,766 battles
2 hours ago, shinytrashcan said:

You sir are wrong.

Took Odin into Brawls.

Torped an orkin, win.

Torped n burned a Massachusetts,  win.

Torped and burned down a Bismark,  while bow tanking, win....

Odin is far from useless.

Hydro, fighter 90 sec torp load, secondaries..  way better than any other ship for brawls...

Members
1,781 posts
3 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

You sir are wrong.

Took Odin into Brawls.

Torped an orkin, win.

Torped n burned a Massachusetts,  win.

Torped and burned down a Bismark,  while bow tanking, win....

Odin is far from useless.

Hydro, fighter 90 sec torp load, secondaries..  way better than any other ship for brawls...

OK, how many days of a month/year are you playing brawls, and how many do you play randoms? If you want to get a ship specifically for the T8 1v1 brawls... then I guess this ship is it. Seems a rather specific use case though.

But I would hesitate to recommend any ship without a strong emphasis on random game performance, that is just my personal opinion.

[SLI]
9,547 posts
8 minutes ago, shinytrashcan said:

OK, how many days of a month/year are you playing brawls, and how many do you play randoms? If you want to get a ship specifically for the T8 1v1 brawls... then I guess this ship is it. Seems a rather specific use case though.

But I would hesitate to recommend any ship without a strong emphasis on random game performance, that is just my personal opinion.

Odin is a good randoms ship as well.  It's a good ship, overall.

[NMKJT]
Members
3,379 posts
8,585 battles
7 minutes ago, shinytrashcan said:

I average better with my Odin in Randoms than I do with my Scharnhorst, and the latter was mostly played during the glory days for Scharnhorst. Odin is pretty underrated, it's just not busted overtuned like MA was.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
6,887 posts
24,766 battles
18 minutes ago, shinytrashcan said:

I have yet to take it out in randoms since captain re-work...

But the GK captain I'm using has a hybrid dead-eye secondary build and does ok in GK .

I'm assuming Odin be a tad squishier than my Pommern,  so I'd be a little more carefull pushing up....

#Dead eye 4 the win.

Members
1,781 posts
2 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

I'm assuming Odin be a tad squishier than my Pommern,  so I'd be a little more carefull pushing up....

My issue with Odin was always the main battery and the low HP pool. In a 1v1 (even 3v3) it is not that much of a deal since you charge in, and your armor is reasonably good for that. Deadeye makes it a bit more enjoyable, but the fact that the AP lacks any overmatch or pen and the HE is rather anemic makes it a hard sell for me. Then again, I all but stopped playing BBs after the latest rework.

Issue is when you have more ships around at longer ranges and your concealment doesn't work anymore. Then going into long/mid range gunfights is frustrating to say the least, and focus fire can whittle you down fast. Plus facing T10 in Odins is no fun.

For better or for worse, brawls are a very different beast compared to 12v12 randoms. Ships do well in random, yet are poor in ranked or brawls. The opposite is true for others.

[SLI]
9,547 posts
8 minutes ago, shinytrashcan said:

My issue with Odin was always the main battery and the low HP pool. In a 1v1 (even 3v3) it is not that much of a deal since you charge in, and your armor is reasonably good for that. Deadeye makes it a bit more enjoyable, but the fact that the AP lacks any overmatch or pen and the HE is rather anemic makes it a hard sell for me. Then again, I all but stopped playing BBs after the latest rework.

Issue is when you have more ships around at longer ranges and your concealment doesn't work anymore. Then going into long/mid range gunfights is frustrating to say the least, and focus fire can whittle you down fast. Plus facing T10 in Odins is no fun.

For better or for worse, brawls are a very different beast compared to 12v12 randoms. Ships do well in random, yet are poor in ranked or brawls. The opposite is true for others.

If you look at the thing's stats, it's the number 3 BB of it's tier.  Mass and Vlad have a higher win rate, but it's right below them.

It's not a bad BB, at all.

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
5,206 posts
20,488 battles

I have the Odin and I like her in Random. Was a little of a learning curve but I got better. I’ve yet to take her into clan brawls but plan on it. She’s a fun boat.

[WPORT]
Members
11,626 posts
15,954 battles
5 hours ago, murder_0ne said:

As others have mentioned, Odin is a dockyard event ship.
I have her in my port.
The closest analogs to her are the Scharnhorst and the Pommern.
The Scharnhorst, at Tier-7, has access to Scenario Operations as well as Co-op and Random battles.
I suggest Scharnhorst.
If you want a Tier-8 German BB, you can get Bismarck via the tech-tree and/or Tirpitz via the Premium Shop.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
6,887 posts
24,766 battles
3 hours ago, shinytrashcan said:

Had no problem 1 v 1 Bismark.  Fired HE only at him. Fires and damage was good.