You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Pikachu_lvl23

Free Captain Resets after Bans

Resets after Bans?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Free Resets after bans are announced?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 3. Free reset at the end of the season

• Yes
    • No

30 comments in this topic

[SCCC]
Members
47 posts
3,810 battles

People are gonna run out of elite commander xp and it is gonna be hard to get 21 point captains during this season especially since comps are gonna be changing constantly. 

Old system - at the start and end of every clan battle season we got free resets. they then took that away with carriers under the premise that our captain builds should be similar to our random builds (which is not true). 

Now: 
1. we are all struggling with elite commander xp because of the costliness of a 21 point captain.
2. if comps are gonna be changing due to bans then so will our builds. 
3. most players usually only have enough elite commander xp to get a few ships spec'd out appropriately
4. we got to test the captain skills out in randoms but not so much in CBs which is very different 
5. Players with lower economy are gonna struggle

Solution: 
can we please have resets after the bans are announced. builds are constantly changing and clan members are not gonna have enough elite commander xp to last the whole season on this pace. having 21 point captains is gonna be rough which puts teams at a disadvantage. previously you would play 1-2 ships a season and you could grind up enough commander xp to max it out. if we are changing ships alot due to bans, its gonna be much harder for players who dont have alot of economy to get 21 points.  Also carriers are not in this season, so shouldn't we get our resets back?

What do you guys think?

Edited by Pikachu_lvl23

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead, Privateers
16,585 posts
4,774 battles

Ships are restricted.  What has this to do with skills?

[SCCC]
Members
47 posts
3,810 battles
Just now, iDuckman said:

do you not think that skills should be reset for clan battles? or you just run what you do for randoms?

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
5,270 posts
8,345 battles

I want candy!!!  

• Meh 1

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead, Privateers
16,585 posts
4,774 battles

You answered my question with a question.  That is not an answer.

Let me ask another.  Are you in CBs with premium ships?  How many captains do you have?

Edited by iDuckman
  • Meh 1

Members
2,070 posts
12,862 battles
4 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

I think the idea is they now have to build another ship/captain up and they will use different skills for clan battles than they would for randoms. I think there is some truth to that since they may have AA skills on their random captain which would be useless in clan battles.

• Cool 1

[SCCC]
Members
47 posts
3,810 battles
5 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

You answered my question with a question.  That is not an answer.

Let me ask another.  Are you in CBs with premium ships?  How many captains do you have?

i asked a question cuz i have no idea what you are saying. i was hoping you would clarify? you didnt really engage with what i said in the initial post and then asked a question that didnt really relate to what i posted.

[SCCC]
Members
47 posts
3,810 battles

the only reason why i could see someone disagree with this is if they use the same captain build for clan battles as they do for randoms, or they have so much money that they dont care about player economy which is why i asked the question i did to you

6 minutes ago, Rouxi said:

I think the idea is they now have to build another ship/captain up and they will use different skills for clan battles than they would for randoms. I think there is some truth to that since they may have AA skills on their random captain which would be useless in clan battles.

[O7]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester
12,147 posts
9,111 battles

WG used to offer free respecs at the start of CB seasons. No reason why they shouldnt except that they make $$$ off of people using dubs for it.

• Cool 2

[SCCC]
Members
47 posts
3,810 battles
3 minutes ago, 1nv4d3rZ1m said:

WG used to offer free respecs at the start of CB seasons. No reason why they shouldnt except that they make $$$ off of people using dubs for it.

did they not do the respec at the end of the season too? or was it only the start of the season

[O7]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester
12,147 posts
9,111 battles
1 minute ago, Pikachu_lvl23 said:

did they not do the respec at the end of the season too? or was it only the start of the season

I dont remember, likely they did but I would have to check the old announcements for one of the first seasons and I am too busy right now. 

[SCCC]
Members
47 posts
3,810 battles
Just now, 1nv4d3rZ1m said:

I dont remember, likely they did but I would have to check the old announcements for one of the first seasons and I am too busy right now. 

no worries, ill look into it and update the post if i was wrong

[CO-OP]
Members
3,913 posts
31,718 battles
3 minutes ago, Pikachu_lvl23 said:

They did offer resets at the end of the season, although I don't recall them doing that for the last season.

[OO7]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
319 posts
10,323 battles

I wouldn't mind a retraining discount for ships of the specific tier during the season and before it. Moving captains between ships is the more expensive cost anyways, especially given tech tree stuff. 

[SALVO]
Members
26,698 posts
32,031 battles
36 minutes ago, Pikachu_lvl23 said:

do you not think that skills should be reset for clan battles? or you just run what you do for randoms?

I don't bother.

[SALVO]
Members
26,698 posts
32,031 battles
19 minutes ago, Pikachu_lvl23 said:

They did back when CVs were not allowed in CBs.  But since CVs were allowed in tier 10 CBs, there've been no free post CBs skill resets.

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead, Privateers
16,585 posts
4,774 battles

The reason I asked the other questions is that if you play a premium in CB you now have a skills matrix available from every captain in that nation.  Yeah, some of them will be used elsewhere, but some should be available.  Perhaps you're trying to get dual use out of your highest point captain?

[SALVO]
Members
26,698 posts
32,031 battles
2 minutes ago, ToxicSymphony said:

I wouldn't mind a retraining discount for ships of the specific tier during the season and before it. Moving captains between ships is the more expensive cost anyways, especially given tech tree stuff. 

Yeah, it's more than just resetting skills.  It's also about changing a captain's ship specialization. i.e. moving that 19+ point Kleber or Daring commander into a Mogador or Jutland.

[SCCC]
Members
47 posts
3,810 battles

The reason I asked the other questions is that if you play a premium in CB you now have a skills matrix available from every captain in that nation.  Yeah, some of them will be used elsewhere, but some should be available.  Perhaps you're trying to get dual use out of your highest point captain?

oh yeah that makes sense, but what ship we run is dependent on what is banned. so we run tech tree and premiums. but in either situation the player economy is gonna be hurting (more so for tech tree ships) because we dont run the same build for randoms as we do in CBs etc. 

[SCCC]
Members
47 posts
3,810 battles
23 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

They did offer resets at the end of the season, although I don't recall them doing that for the last season.

thanks for letting me know

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead, Privateers
16,585 posts
4,774 battles
3 minutes ago, Pikachu_lvl23 said:

oh yeah that makes sense, but what ship we run is dependent on what is banned. so we run tech tree and premiums. but in either situation the player economy is gonna be hurting (more so for tech tree ships) because we dont run the same build for randoms as we do in CBs etc. 

I understand that Randoms and CBs can want different builds.  I still would like to know how ship restrictions factor into the equation?

[SCCC]
Members
47 posts
3,810 battles

I understand that Randoms and CBs can want different builds.  I still would like to know how ship restrictions factor into the equation?

so when they restrict ships for 2 weeks it changes clans comps. like for example lets say you ran 2 BBs and like 5 Alaskas in clan battles and it was working real well for you clan etc. well, now alaska is banned for the next 2 weeks and you cant use it anymore . so you have to come up with a different strategy and lineup to bring, which means moving more commanders around and most likely respecing them. compound this with the fact that having 21 point captains is not in abundance right now and is expensive. 

Edited by Pikachu_lvl23

[SALVO]
Members
9,420 posts
6,928 battles

Freebies are always welcomed... but why? 

5 minutes ago, Pikachu_lvl23 said:

so when they restrict ships for 2 weeks it changes clans comps. like for example lets say you ran 2 BBs and like 5 Alaskas in clan battles and it was working real well for you clan etc. well, now alaska is banned for the next 2 weeks and you cant use it anymore . so you have to come up with a different strategy and lineup to bring, which means moving more commanders around and most likely respecing them. compound this with the fact that having 21 point captains is not in abundance right now and is expensive. 

Still don't see any reason why... the rationale is exactly the same, you play with whatever you have ready at hand or you can afford. Bans make no difference, even more considering most bans are premium ships.

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead, Privateers
16,585 posts
4,774 battles

As I thought, your main problem is retraining to get your highest point captain into the ship you will play, perhaps accompanied by a dilution of the build.

I don't recall WG ever making the former free for CB, and of late they haven't helped with rebuilds. 

Everyone wants free stuff so your poll will be overwhelmed with "yes to free stuffs" answers.  I'll leave it there.

Now to sooth the restive hordes:  BACON

bacon-shutterstock.thumb.jpg.aee2bed9eeb3a2a88e3056d99901a715.jpg

Edited by iDuckman
  • Cool 1