You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Jedrzejczyk

wth?!?! 1v1 brawl????

48 comments in this topic

[DCRN]
Members
34 posts
37,251 battles

wth I clicked on 'brawl' battle type which says "Battle against real players. Teams matched based on player skill level." I end up in a 1v1 game in a Cleveland vs a f'ing Bismarck. Is there anything intelligent going on over there?

• Funny 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Boring 1

[CYPHR]
Alpha Tester, Members, Beta Testers
3,991 posts
21,853 battles

you got this, no pressure!!!

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[BE-ER]
Beta Testers
149 posts
17,115 battles

I ground out my Le Fantasque last time they did this. I'm definitely not an ace DD player, but my w/r was beyond silly.

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,336 posts
14,167 battles
1 minute ago, echelon5 said:

I ground out my Le Fantasque last time they did this. I'm definitely not an ace DD player, but my w/r was beyond silly.

I did the same when it was this tier. Fanta is a great ship and I love this game mode. Nobody to blame but me for a loss. Kiev rolling in this time, will be interesting

[HINON]
Members
14,340 posts
14 minutes ago, xTheCanadianx said:

you got this, no pressure!!!

[RGPLT]
Members
683 posts
18,476 battles
24 minutes ago, Jedrzejczyk said:

wth I clicked on 'brawl' battle type which says "Battle against real players. Teams matched based on player skill level." I end up in a 1v1 game in a Cleveland vs a f'ing Bismarck. Is there anything intelligent going on over there?

You haven't been around long. ROFL

They have been doing this for years and people love it. I'm 3-0 so far and making amazing xp.

[CYPHR]
Alpha Tester, Members, Beta Testers
3,991 posts
21,853 battles
3 minutes ago, Jedrzejczyk said:

Wish I was smart, just like Dasha, WG's lead programmer.

Good-Lord.gif.613d294ffdb20a7ba8885fe63c5fe17e.gif

[WOLFC]
Members
3,342 posts
12,053 battles
33 minutes ago, Jedrzejczyk said:

This was first announced in the 0.10.1 patch notes on 2/15, and there was a dedicated article last week. Perhaps you should pay more attention?

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/game-updates/update-0101-italian-battleships/#updated-brawls

On a general note, I’m curious if we will see the same numbers of Bismarck, Tirpitz, and MA as last time, considering the changes to secondary skills. Either way, my Prinz Eugen is ready.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Meh 1

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
2,785 posts
11,434 battles
32 minutes ago, Jedrzejczyk said:

That is what brawl is.  Not every ship is a brawling ship.  Some are support ships.  Those need cover and spotters.  In a 1v1 situation, you need to find the right balance of firepower and health pool/stealth.

[SALVO]
Members
9,421 posts
6,928 battles
36 minutes ago, Jedrzejczyk said:

I've 1 vs 1 Bismarcks in a Cleveland, if the Biz is meh it can be done quite comfortably. You just need to stack fires and go dark. Rinse and repeat. If you want a more technical approach, you can invisifire it easily if you drop your range module and the Bis has no concealment upgrades.

[SALVO]
Members
9,421 posts
6,928 battles
7 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

Either way, my Prinz Eugen is ready.

Prinz E is stupid good in 1 vs 1. I think I'll also be trolling with Albemarle

[RBMK]
Members
2,338 posts
36,724 battles

CVs allowed- basically you are target practice, a loss, waste of time and no damage if you aren't the CV.

Totally balanced.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 1

[SGSS]
Members
6,294 posts
17 minutes ago, Wye_So_Serious said:

CVs allowed- basically you are target practice, a loss, waste of time and no damage if you aren't the CV.

Totally balanced.

Do know how long it takes to kill a BB with planes?

You are going to 4 min. It takes a very long time.

[CAZA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
564 posts
7,523 battles

Last 1v1 showed Tirpitz is king, CVs are nothing but paper tigers.

Le Terrible, Le Fantasque and Prinz Eugen are good options as well.

[YETI]
[YETI]
Members
633 posts
13,602 battles
1 hour ago, Jedrzejczyk said:

A Cleveland can win against a Bismarck.  You just need to know how to kite and dodge.  They burn easily.  

[DVYJC]
Members
4,499 posts
12,237 battles
1 hour ago, echelon5 said:

1 hour ago, ditka_Fatdog said:

I did the same when it was this tier. Fanta is a great ship and I love this game mode. Nobody to blame but me for a loss. Kiev rolling in this time, will be interesting

Le Fantasque and Le Terrible are my go-to ships for 1 v 1. Last time I finished with I think a 69% win rate, never lost against a CV, and only lost against a cruiser twice. Torpedo jousting... full throttle ahead... wait until the first rocket planes spot you... hit boost, launch your torps from point-blank range, swing around, hit them with the third launcher. Rinse, repeat.

48 minutes ago, Wye_So_Serious said:

Totally balanced.

Everyone thinks CV is easy mode in 1 v 1, but it's really a race to see whether the surface ship can spot you before you can whittle him down, which is a lot more even than many people think. Massachusetts is dangerous with good torpedo protection and AA. Any of the cruisers are dangerous. The French DDs are really dangerous. 

24 minutes ago, Torenico said:

Last 1v1 showed Tirpitz is king, CVs are nothing but paper tigers.

Le Terrible, Le Fantasque and Prinz Eugen are good options as well.

Prinz Eugen was definitely strong. I didn't have him at the time, would be interesting to try.

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
16,809 posts
29,440 battles
1 minute ago, SKurj said:

mm sucks... it's rigged /s

Wouldn’t know, (even if you’re just sarc-ing,) for various reasons the mode is a hard pass for me.

58 minutes ago, Wye_So_Serious said:

Totally balanced.

6 minutes ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

Everyone thinks CV is easy mode in 1 v 1, but it's really a race to see whether the surface ship can spot you before you can whittle him down, which is a lot more even than many people think. Massachusetts is dangerous with good torpedo protection and AA. Any of the cruisers are dangerous. The French DDs are really dangerous.

Despite what I said above I would have to agree.

Do folks saying CVs just murder everything in 1 v 1 even try to mitigate damage? (AA, maneuver, everything.) Or do they just blindly believe; “Oh noes! CV! I is doomed!” and not even try?

If it turns its AA off, and moves smartly, a CV is literally going to have to trip over a destroyer before even thinking about attacking it; and the destroyer doesn’t have to worry about outside spotting or other ships shooting at it!

Bigger ships just need to move smartly and manage their consumables and HP that way as well.

Cruisers and battleships can maneuver freely to dodge without worrying about getting cross-map insta-blapped.

Stay alive, and cap. Shoot the carrier if you can; but killing the carrier isn’t the only way to win.

• Meh 1

Members
7,122 posts
23,313 battles

If this is the same 1v1 format as the test ranked awhile ago it was wildly popular and fun.  Rushing a Mass in a Hipper, usually didn't work but was still fun as heck.

[V_V_V]
Members
1,178 posts
18,522 battles
2 hours ago, Jedrzejczyk said:

Is there anything intelligent going on over there?

WG, the MM is so unfair!  I may quit!  Last warning!

Edited by Charon2018
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1