You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
warheart1992

First restrictions of Clan Battles announced (Musashi,Georgia banned, Alaska(s), Mogador 1x limit).

60 comments in this topic

[KWF]
Members
6,717 posts
7,321 battles

Since it's recently been a topic of discussion, these are the restrictions for the Clan season.

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/128

Update 0.10.1, Clan Battles restrictions

Details about the upcoming ship restrictions in the 12th Clan Battles Season.

After the analysis of battles in the current Clan season, it was decided to implement the following ship limits:

• Restrictions in number: No more than 1 IX Mogador; IX Alaska or IX Alaska B
  • Banned ships: IX Musashi, IX Georgia

The restrictions will come into effect on the 10th of March, 11:30 UTC.

Please note that all information in the development blog is preliminary. Announced adjustments and features may change multiple times during testing. The final information will be published on our game's website.

Not a CB player, though afaik the bans/limits make sense. Mogador packs were reported to be pretty common, Musashi without CVs and overmatch capability was in a strong spot, Georgia with the quick heals, 30mm overmatch capability and nigh DD speed.

Wondering what CB players have to comment on these changes.

Edited by warheart1992

[-TKS-]
Members
1,303 posts
11,288 battles
1 minute ago, warheart1992 said:

Since it's recently been a topic of discussion, these are the restrictions for the Clan season.

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/128

Not a CB player, though afaik the bans/limits make sense. Mogador packs were reported to be pretty common, Musashi without CVs and overmatch capability was in a strong spot, Georgia with the quick heals, 30mm overmatch capability and nigh DD speed.

Wondering what CB players have to comment on these changes.

Not surprised at all. Musashi turned out to be far more of a menace than I gave her credit for. Expect to see more Iowa’s and Soyuz now. Mogador was a menace so I’m glad to see she’s limited to one. Should limit wolf pack nonsense. Alaska will be replaced by Kronshadt most likely or Riga. Possibly see more Donskois in the mix. Time will tell if this produces a positive or negative impact.

[ARGSY]
Members
25,666 posts
19,741 battles

Evidently the Paolo Emilio isn't yet considered a problem ship - possibly because there aren't enough of them around to have caused a problem yet?

Replacing Alaska with Kronshtadt wholesale might not be a thing, because the supply dried up years ago except for the Supercontainer/Santa box route, so it's not like everybody will have one to substitute.

• Meh 1

[WORX]
Members
14,361 posts
20,908 battles

It high tiers... WG have created a situation (as others have pointed out) in where they're fitting replacements to the said banned ships...

In other words, ban butter??? No problem Margarine to the rescue... No/ban Margarine??? No problem, whip cream... None of the above ???? When in doubt Mayonnaise to the rescue..

Nerfing ships should be in order but no one likes that idea so... For each their own.

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Cool 1

[O7]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester
12,147 posts
9,111 battles

Cutting the number of mogadors is a great change, especially for high level CBs. Although probably 2 would be fine imo, I havent seen many Alaskas on teams since the first day so that my a lower league thing.

I like that they are banning the Musashi completely, it has not been available for a long time so newer teams might not have access to it. 

Hopefully WG continues to watch what happens and updates the ban list as the meta continues to unfold. 

• Cool 3
  • Meh 1

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
1,358 posts
12,332 battles

We skyrocketed to Storm League once we started running Musashi x2 with Alaska x3, so this makes perfect sense. Also, Georgia was our Musashi alternative, so no surprise there.

[SOFOP]
Members
8 posts
10,159 battles

The way it's worded, I can interpret it any of 3 ways - 1 each, 1 Mogador & 1 Alaska of either type, or only 1 of any of the 3.  Which interpretation do you think is most likely to be correct?

Edited by Molon_Labe_87

[O7]
12,147 posts
9,111 battles
4 minutes ago, Molon_Labe_87 said:

The way it's worded, I can interpret it any of 3 ways - 1 each, 1 Mogador & 1 Alaska of either type, or only 1 of any of the 3.  Which interpretation do you think is most likely to be correct?

Good question, I assumed 1 mogador and one of either alaska because of the punctuation but WG could be more clear. 

[REENG]
Beta Testers
139 posts
12,612 battles

I think the semi colon is there to split the Mogador from the Alaskas and to mean only one Alaska, whatever her variant.

• Cool 1

[F4E]
Members
449 posts
7,161 battles

No more than 1 Mogador; Alaska or Alaska B.

Pretty sure with the semi colon you could run a div with 1 Mogador, 1 Alaska (or B) and that's it.  Alaska and Alaska are grouped together as one (which makes sense)

[KWF]
Members
6,717 posts
7,321 battles
11 minutes ago, Molon_Labe_87 said:

6 minutes ago, 1nv4d3rZ1m said:

Good question, I assumed 1 mogador and one of either alaska because of the punctuation but WG could be more clear. 

Considering we had incidents with bad wording and translations in some articles, I believe it to be 1 Mogador & 1 Alaska of either type. This also makes some more sense unless a Mogador-Alaska is some form of OP combo that must be absolutely separated.

Regardless, paging Dr. @Hapa_Fodder for clarification please.

Edited by warheart1992

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
10,401 posts
26,840 battles

I think the easiest solution is just use tech tree ships in competitive modes......................... 

• Cool 1

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
4,090 posts

Not surprised at all. Been having games with two musashies, 4 alaska mogodor etc. Or three mogodors, two georgias and the rest either alaska or russian radar ship.

As bad as CB has gotten, I simply don't give a damn if it is banned or not. It just shows to me that EVERYONE reaches for one of these when 200 steel is on the line. Anything else is simply not adequate, like a fat kid last to be chosen for dodgeball.

[YETI]
[YETI]
Members
638 posts
13,637 battles
13 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

I think the easiest solution is just use tech tree ships in competitive modes......................... 

Like the Mogador which people are using at least 4 of per team in the higher leagues?

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
4,090 posts

There is one negative to the loss of many alaska in that game mode. More people are choosing to use the fancy special blue light camo that lights them up beautifully at 20 miles to shoot on and also sticks above the trees when hiding behind land enough to shoot on through the trees.

[CNO]
Members
6,798 posts
20,424 battles

Banning and restrictions is common in any complex game that involves unique combinations that the player (or players) have control over, and have the skill, and make the effort, to develop such powerful combinations.

[BUOY]
Members
1,490 posts
17,523 battles
10 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

That would be, but WG has never put in that restriction and never will.

As for the ban / restricted list, 100% support, Mushy and GA should've been banned from the getgo due to overmatch mechanics and while yeah there'll probably be YOLO memes at higher levels to replace Mogadors... YOLO's also might not have the consistency.

And with the overmatch BB's going byebye, I think AK's would fall in favor anyway since ships like the Buffalo, Donkey and Riga honestly do their job but better vs DD's thanks to ROF.

[SALVO]
Members
26,737 posts
32,132 battles
52 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Not that easy, because not everyone has 19+ point commanders in tier 9 tech tree ships.  I only have 2 of them.  Nearly all of the rest of my 19+ point commanders are linked to tier 10 ships.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[NG-NL]
Members
6,611 posts
10,993 battles

They didn't ban Taiho and Essex too? :Smile_trollface:

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
10,401 posts
26,840 battles
48 minutes ago, Admiral_Andy said:

Like the Mogador which people are using at least 4 of per team in the higher leagues?

If the Mogador is OP then Wargaming needs to balance the ship. If it is balanced, then the people playing should just "git gud". 

[SALVO]
Members
3,718 posts
7,569 battles
2 hours ago, 1nv4d3rZ1m said:

I havent seen many Alaskas on teams since the first day so that my a lower league thing.

Yeah they are definitely around still in Storm,  especially from Gale teams you can see up to 4 

1 hour ago, warheart1992 said:

I believe it to be 1 Mogador & 1 Alaska of either type.

Seconding this interpretation. 

Overall  very excited about this list of restrictions. To the guys already in typhoon and hurricane I wonder where their Meta will go now.    Will we see  FDG / Agir  Brawling comps  now that overmatch is gone ?  :P lol 

[SALVO]
Members
3,718 posts
7,569 battles
12 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

If the Mogador is OP then Wargaming needs to balance the ship. If it is balanced, then the people playing should just "git gud". 

Mogador is only "OP" when played in the context of Clan battles and when bringing many of them.   IE  4 of them in a swarm against 7 opponents. Very hard to hit to start with then one after the other going dark with a constant rain of fire. 

However you can't bring 4 to randoms and there are 12 opponents rather then 7 which changes the odds drastically.  Also they loose most of their effectiveness when CVs are around.  Though I don't know why a PVE main is worried about what is going on a mode he would never touch. 

Edited by eviltane
  • Cool 1
  • Haha 1

[O7]
12,147 posts
9,111 battles
9 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Its more complicated than that because of the situation. Its a team based game mode where the teams cooperating on voice coms they can do things people wouldnt be able to do in other game modes. The Mogador is strong because a couple of them can gun down most other ships in the game pretty quickly. You generally see 1 Black and 4 Mogadors operating together, in that situation its really hard to beat the mobility and the firepower with the reload booster. 

1 Mogador in a randoms battle wont have nearly the effect and would easily be countered by any CV it could run into such its not nearly as oppressive as in CBs.