Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Lord_Argus

Having Fun In Silver and I Did Try To Play Some Other Ships But They Still Don't Hold a Candle To The Georgia in Ranked! It's Severely OP

17 comments in this topic

[AKITA]
Members
396 posts

Seriously I played several tech ships last night and then today I grabbed the Montana which I'm pretty decent at but they just did not do well enough. I got tired of all the taters and suiciders helping us lose and I knew if I wanted to win a few before supper I'd have to grab an OP ship. Jumped in the Georgia and I'm ripping through the enemy like butter!!!!!!! Your so fast as a BB that you can fly right across the map and just BLAP this target then this one and then another. DD getting too close? Just let your secondaries pepper him into submission and keep on killing. The guns man the guns on this Georgia will slap the fire out of you! Speed up..slow down...speed up...stop...go...lol they can't even hit you with their sniper builds from across the map. Once you get within 11km of them it's all over cause your secondaries are gonna light them up while those big guns just keep taking chunks off. Easy now, inch closer and closer to that bow on BB and wait wait wait...ok he just fired, now hit the speed boost and go side to side...BLAP you fire directly into his broadside(huge damage numbers flying overhead) and your moving so fast now that you slide around to his other side and he can't turn his guns fast enough! BLAP again cause you have that faster reload.....WHEW, what a rush as he dies and you speed off to the next fight :)

I'm off to eat some smoked boudin but I'll be back on tomorrow! Have fun out there!

OPP.jpg

[AKITA]
Members
396 posts
49 minutes ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

I saw you for a bunch of those matches, lol. I never complain about wins in Ranked... now to take it easy for a week or so!

Hey there! I remember we were on the same side a couple times and you did awesome. I have no idea how tomorrow will go but I'm at rank 3 so I need to decide soon if I want to move on to gold or just stay in silver. At least in silver I can farm some more steel and not feel so stressed to rank out in gold, plus gold is a LOT more games to get to #1. Just not sure yet but I'll sleep on it

[DVYJC]
Members
4,499 posts
12,237 battles
6 minutes ago, Lord_Argus said:

Hey there! I remember we were on the same side a couple times and you did awesome. I have no idea how tomorrow will go but I'm at rank 3 so I need to decide soon if I want to move on to gold or just stay in silver. At least in silver I can farm some more steel and not feel so stressed to rank out in gold, plus gold is a LOT more games to get to #1. Just not sure yet but I'll sleep on it

In the test season I decided to stick with Silver with the goal of ranking out each week but not doing Gold qualifiers. I believe it's more steel to rank out in Silver than it is to get wins in Gold (i.e you need to rank out in Gold to get more steel and doubloons), so I'd rather be close to the top of the pile in Silver and have a relaxed couple of weeks than be in a rat race in Gold with the tryhards and unicums.

[KIA-C]
Members
3,827 posts
16,937 battles

She's also OP in CB and random

[PSV]
Supertester, Wiki Editor
890 posts
6,981 battles
2 hours ago, AlcatrazNC said:

She's also OP in CB and random

and now banned for the former

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
4,013 posts

No its not OP.

If this is a ship played well and has become your nemesis learn to kill it. You can kill a Georgia so easy.

If the ship was 'severely op' the thing would have been stripped from the game already.

[O7]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester
12,147 posts
9,111 battles
2 minutes ago, xHeavy said:

No its not OP.

If this is a ship played well and has become your nemesis learn to kill it. You can kill a Georgia so easy.

If the ship was 'severely op' the thing would have been stripped from the game already.

There have been plenty of OP ships WG has released and WG has never stripped any ship from the game. WG removed it from the Armory which is as far as they have ever gone with any other OP ship. So if WG thinks it is who are you to argue with them? 

There are plenty of examples such as the Gremmy, GC, Enterprise, Musashi, etc. WG only stopped allowing people from purchasing them. 

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
4,013 posts
6 minutes ago, 1nv4d3rZ1m said:

There have been plenty of OP ships WG has released and WG has never stripped any ship from the game. WG removed it from the Armory which is as far as they have ever gone with any other OP ship. So if WG thinks it is who are you to argue with them? 

There are plenty of examples such as the Gremmy, GC, Enterprise, Musashi, etc. WG only stopped allowing people from purchasing them. 

Ie thunderer. Smaland etc.

Stripped as in removed from the players ability to buy and have in game. Cut the numbers way down. Or it grows like weeds, all games will have 5 or more in.

At any rate it does not matter this talk is moot, GA, Alaska etc is banned from CB as of March mid. Or severely limited.

Any time WG sees fleets of certain ships and nothing else used by people in a ranked or cb or something with special rewards, they sometimes simply just ban it.

Ban ban ban ban ban until we all are left with maybe a lyon or a Z23 or something minor to use in a fight.

Edited by xHeavy

[O7]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester
12,147 posts
9,111 battles
24 minutes ago, xHeavy said:

Ie thunderer. Smaland etc.

Stripped as in removed from the players ability to buy and have in game. Cut the numbers way down. Or it grows like weeds, all games will have 5 or more in.

At any rate it does not matter this talk is moot, GA, Alaska etc is banned from CB as of March mid. Or severely limited.

Any time WG sees fleets of certain ships and nothing else used by people in a ranked or cb or something with special rewards, they sometimes simply just ban it.

Ban ban ban ban ban until we all are left with maybe a lyon or a Z23 or something minor to use in a fight.

If that is your definition of stripped that is indeed the case that the georgia has been "stripped" from the game. 

You must have missed the announcement, it was burred at the bottom of the article: Update 0.10.1: Italian Battleships | World of Warships

[DVYJC]
Members
4,499 posts
12,237 battles
1 hour ago, 1nv4d3rZ1m said:

I think they should go back and revisit some of those old ship removals, though. I don't really think Gremyaschy or Kutozov are still OP.

[-ICE-]
Members
617 posts

I never felt the Georga was OP.  It had decent secondarys but so do many of the other BB's. It only has six guns that do a lot of missing and its not like its armor is great.  Good ship yes...  OP not really in my opinion.  If everyone uses it that dont make it op.  well whatever they took away another 2 of my ships.  All this game is they give you things even if u work hard or pay to obtain them then they take them away, same as they did with everyones elite captains. You earn them and they just decide oh we are taking them away.  they should have been grandfathered not taken away and georga isnt op and the alaska.. no torps hit its side and it crumbles its guns are ok but nothing great so why is it OP.. just because everyone started using it?

Edited by CRZY_TRAIN
  • Cool 1

[CYPHR]
Alpha Tester, Members, Beta Testers
3,991 posts
21,853 battles
9 hours ago, Lord_Argus said:

Seriously I played several tech ships last night and then today I grabbed the Montana which I'm pretty decent at but they just did not do well enough. I got tired of all the taters and suiciders helping us lose and I knew if I wanted to win a few before supper I'd have to grab an OP ship. Jumped in the Georgia and I'm ripping through the enemy like butter!!!!!!! Your so fast as a BB that you can fly right across the map and just BLAP this target then this one and then another. DD getting too close? Just let your secondaries pepper him into submission and keep on killing. The guns man the guns on this Georgia will slap the fire out of you! Speed up..slow down...speed up...stop...go...lol they can't even hit you with their sniper builds from across the map. Once you get within 11km of them it's all over cause your secondaries are gonna light them up while those big guns just keep taking chunks off. Easy now, inch closer and closer to that bow on BB and wait wait wait...ok he just fired, now hit the speed boost and go side to side...BLAP you fire directly into his broadside(huge damage numbers flying overhead) and your moving so fast now that you slide around to his other side and he can't turn his guns fast enough! BLAP again cause you have that faster reload.....WHEW, what a rush as he dies and you speed off to the next fight :)

I'm off to eat some smoked boudin but I'll be back on tomorrow! Have fun out there!

OPP.jpg

To be fair I have managed to flank an entire ranked team with Musashi by sneaking around from the furthest cap and punishing the juicy broadsides.   the issue isn't the ships it's the players. 

[WOLFG]
Members
13,388 posts
12,784 battles
3 minutes ago, xTheCanadianx said:

To be fair I have managed to flank an entire ranked team with Musashi by sneaking around from the furthest cap and punishing the juicy broadsides.   the issue isn't the ships it's the players. 

If you are sneaking around in a Musashi, you aren't wrong.

Members
1,030 posts
13,725 battles

I want to love Georgia. But man I cant stand ships that take citadels of damage from superstructure pens. Georgia even when angle can take 10k salvos in superstructure which is annoying asf.

[ARR0W]
Members
4,244 posts
26,639 battles

Im not sure why, with all the arcade stuff we already have, that Georgia jumps the shark of immersion. Her speed boost is ludicrous. It would take 3 of her powerplants to drive that hull at nearly 40 knots. 

[CYPHR]
Alpha Tester, Members, Beta Testers
3,991 posts
21,853 battles
9 minutes ago, Pugilistic said:

Im not sure why, with all the arcade stuff we already have, that Georgia jumps the shark of immersion. Her speed boost is ludicrous. It would take 3 of her powerplants to drive that hull at nearly 40 knots. 

I'd argue it isnt out of the realm of possibility  most of the ships are rated ingame by their standard speeds,   those engines pushed beyond normal limits i bet could have taken a ship to 40,  Yamato was rated 28 knots but I've seen claims that they got her as high as 35 knots in trials but found she vibrated heavily at those speeds.

• Haha 1

Sign in to follow this