You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ole_seabee

Its bad enough

22 comments in this topic

[TF16A]
[TF16A]
Members
219 posts
17,881 battles

To be forced to play against ships you dont want too. The only option is to opt out in the mm. No but MM still SUCKS us in giving no chance to opt out. How many times do you go in and get immediately into a game you havent even had a choice to choose. This [edited] need to stop it is something  that would be easy to fix people should at least have 5 seconds to stay or leave.

• Cool 1
  • Haha 3
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 6

[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,236 posts
4,354 battles

I don't want to play against higher tier or equal tier ships. It'd be great if I could only fight lower tier ships. But that wouldn't quite so fun for the lower tier ships now would it? As in real life we can't always get what we want.

• Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
11,190 posts
19,799 battles

If you could do that CVs would only be able to play with other CVs. I take it that is what you are getting at.

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Cool 1

SuperTest Coordinator, Beta Testers
7,133 posts
13,586 battles

What ships do you not want to play against?

[WOLFG]
Members
34,394 posts
10,698 battles
13 minutes ago, ole_seabee said:

To be forced to play against ships you dont want too. The only option is to opt out in the mm. No but MM still SUCKS us in giving no chance to opt out. How many times do you go in and get immediately into a game you havent even had a choice to choose. This [edited] need to stop it is something  that would be easy to fix people should at least have 5 seconds to stay or leave.

I hear you, I hate playing against US ships too...

[PUMA]
Members
1,238 posts
11,256 battles
21 minutes ago, ole_seabee said:

To be forced to play against ships you dont want too. The only option is to opt out in the mm. No but MM still SUCKS us in giving no chance to opt out. How many times do you go in and get immediately into a game you havent even had a choice to choose.

Why don't you play Scenarios then?

You know exactly what ships you will face and even know when and where they spawn and how they will react after discovering you in battle :-)

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1

[MIBRA]
Banned
1,424 posts
8,983 battles
16 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

If you could do that CVs would only be able to play with other CVs. I take it that is what you are getting at.

I don't see the problem. It would be probably more fun for CVs, considering they would be fighting something, not just PvEing through the match.

[SALVO]
Members
26,698 posts
32,031 battles
1 hour ago, ole_seabee said:

No player should ever have the chance to opt out of playing against certain types of ships or battle modes.  The only thing that needs to stop is complaining about this inanity.

• Cool 1

[ICLAD]
Members
46 posts
16,502 battles
2 hours ago, ole_seabee said:

Go to training room

[V_V_V]
Members
1,178 posts
18,522 battles
34 minutes ago, Zolors said:

How many times do you go in and get immediately into a game you havent even had a choice to choose.

You have 15,288 battles and you're arguing this?  Horse feathers.

(Not you Zolors-_ole seebee).

Edited by Charon2018
add text

[V_V_V]
Members
1,178 posts
18,522 battles
2 hours ago, freggo said:

Why don't you play Scenarios then?

You know exactly what ships you will face and even know when and where they spawn and how they will react after discovering you in battle :-)

Capital suggestion, but OP probably wants to eat cake instead.

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
4,020 posts

When you hit battle yer it.

Get to it already yer late. Don't hold up the rest of the team by loading late.

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
4,020 posts
4 minutes ago, Charon2018 said:

You have 15,288 battles and you're arguing this?  Horse feathers.

Hes like one of my very favorite mechanics....

Curse, whine, yell, scream and raise holy hell over the very difficult and unnecessarily complex replacement of a routine car part like say a radiator. complain complain complain.

Some people are VERY HAPPY to sop up the joy of working on such a thing in their shop with a biscut. Its just going to take a lot of profane language applied to the task with feeling.

[V_V_V]
Members
1,178 posts
18,522 battles
2 minutes ago, xHeavy said:

Hes like one of my very favorite mechanics....

So he gets to dictate his choice of customers and jobs to the shop?  Niiiiiiiice.  Glad he's paying the bills too?

[A-I-M]
Members
4,093 posts
15,348 battles
31 minutes ago, Crucis said:

No player should ever have the chance to opt out of playing against certain types of ships or battle modes.  The only thing that needs to stop is complaining about this inanity.

Not enough upvotes exist for this.

• Cool 1

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
4,020 posts
11 minutes ago, Charon2018 said:

So he gets to dictate his choice of customers and jobs to the shop?  Niiiiiiiice.  Glad he's paying the bills too?

I don't know about the dictate. It is a privately owned business and not a public corp. If you have a problem he just as soon throw you out.

The bills go to business. Seperate from his home via incorperation. Some go into the In box on his desk others go out in the other pile of papers on same desk. Not our problem.

And the jobs? He actually loves working on cars with a passion, just has a battleaxe fishwife at home abusing him so he takes his anger out at the workplace so he can continue to go home without chopping her up or something.

[V_V_V]
Members
1,178 posts
18,522 battles
36 minutes ago, xHeavy said:

It is a privately owned business and not a public corp.

Just as is WG-and they make the Rules for their game, not the OP.  Doubt he's a stockholder.   And although he has some options, he just wants to take his game ball and go home once he eyes the opposition.  As for his real life, everybody has one, but not here please.

Edited by Charon2018

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
4,020 posts
28 minutes ago, Charon2018 said:

Just as is WG-and they make the Rules for their game, not the OP.  Doubt he's a stockholder.   And although he has some options, he just wants to take his game ball and go home once he eyes the opposition.  As for his real life, everybody has one, but not here please.

There is nothing here or there to be a problem "Here"

As I stated earlier in this thread. You wanna play? Hit the battle button and whatever happens is going to happen. If it happens to be a carrier? I hide my DD under the biggest AA boat in the spawn for a little bit. Unless human CV player vultures another DD.

Worse case scenario I just terminate the program within task manager. That DC the computer and walk. Try again tomorrow. Disregard the bans and so on.

Games are supposed to be played to have fun. Unfortunately Wows is not a "Perfect" or "Refined" as many other online games. For example First Person Shooters, you can have a search online multiplayer servers in real time and pick just the ones without vehicles. Or without some weapon thats are a real problem or those that run scrips to auto ban racial slurs, insults and other keywords permabanned on typing into chat etc. (That would really clear up the salt here)

The people that built this game are relatively new. They did a pretty good job, but this is a rather arcadey basic video game for online. Not too many frills. So you have to take it as it goes. Or not.

Plenty of games thrive. Sometimes games DIE quickly or slowly depending on whats been done to them by those who built it. Im one of those planning to possibly take up a different game and leave this one behind if things do not improve by Christmas. What is improve? Well that I could not tell you right now. Its a wait and see.

[V_V_V]
Members
1,178 posts
18,522 battles
51 minutes ago, xHeavy said:

Im one of those planning to possibly take up a different game and leave this one behind if things do not improve by Christmas.

Well, that's certainly a decisive ultimatum.  Good luck to you and one of your very favorite mechanics.

[GOOF]
Members
856 posts
7,055 battles
5 hours ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Why not like if we are going for realism here historically they rarely saw each other at all rarely, glorious, faced BBS or surface ships.

• Thanks 1

[ARGSY]
Members
25,533 posts
19,680 battles
12 hours ago, ole_seabee said:

What sort of highfalutin' entitlement complex do you have that you think it's your right to choose your opponents in this game? Sorry, no; you push the button and you take your chances with the rest of us.

[O_O]
Members
7,158 posts
18,012 battles
12 hours ago, ole_seabee said:

You have not thought this through.

Let's say WG implemented what you are asking for.

A game roster populates and you see your list of players.  Some are bottom tier, so they opt out.  Some don't like playing CV's, so they opt out.  Some don't think they are going to stomp that lineup, so they opt out.  One team has 6 players that opt out, the other team has 1.

What you are left with is a complete garbage lineup that has no balance whatsoever in number of players and ship types.