Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
lewellenfawr

I'm becoming an Italian weeaboo

31 comments in this topic

[DEPVE]
Members
232 posts
19,544 battles

I found a great video of the Roma in action... it's short watch it here:

What is really cool is that the video is set to the music of Puccini... the "Inno a Roma" which is a fascist era pean to the strength, glory, and virtue of a resurgent Italy... united as a nation... victorious in WW I... and now ready to reclaim the mantel of global leadership of the Roman Empire.

Watch Inno a Roma here:

Edited by lewellenfawr
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 1

[SALVO]
Members
9,549 posts
6,988 battles
1 hour ago, lewellenfawr said:

... victorious in WW I... 

Hahahahahaha...

First laugh of the day, thank you

Edited by ArIskandir
  • Cool 1

[NMKJT]
Members
3,392 posts
8,589 battles
1 hour ago, lewellenfawr said:

What is really cool is that the video is set to the music of Puccini... the "Inno a Roma" which is a fascist era pean to the strength, glory, and virtue of a resurgent Italy... united as a nation... victorious in WW I... and now ready to reclaim the mantel of global leadership of the Roman Empire.

I think the term is 'pastaboo' for the Italian ones. Americans are burgerboos/freeaboos, and so on.

• Thanks 1

[BONKZ]
Members
301 posts
8,665 battles

I'd love to play a Roma if only I have one

also, I think you should delete that "Italy victorious in WWI" statement before you get shat on for it

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
32,265 posts
27,038 battles
59 minutes ago, HuTao_prpr said:

also, I think you should delete that "Italy victorious in WWI" statement before you get shat on for it

No, that's fine.  If Axisboos / Wehraboos can think that the Axis powers had a chance of winning, this is allowable.

[DEPVE]
Members
232 posts
19,544 battles
45 minutes ago, HuTao_prpr said:

I'd love to play a Roma if only I have one

Perhaps... yet they were on the winning side and did make a contribution in holding down Austrian forces. They were rewarded for their contribution after the war by a slice of Austrian alpine territory. The Italians and allied troops finally defeated the Austrians at Vittorio Veneto... and captured Trieste and Trento. They felt pretty good about the results as it rounded out Italian territory not redeemed during the war for independence.

Now this will get me "shat" on.

I think that in WWII Italy punched well above what might otherwise be expected considering the defects in the Italian industrial and resource base. They sort of kept the supply lines open to North Africa. They were fighting the world's greatest naval power... England... and they kept in the game for three years. They also contributed forces in Russia, the Balkans, and Africa. Ultimately of course soundly defeated.

On the bravery of the individual Italian solder Rommel is purported to have said " "The German soldier has impressed the world, however, the Italian Bersagliere soldier has impressed the German soldier" When competently officered the Italian troops gave a good account of themselves. They did have some notable victories but these were overshadowed by the ultimate defeat.

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
16,860 posts
29,556 battles
24 minutes ago, lewellenfawr said:

Perhaps... yet they were on the winning side and did make a contribution in holding down Austrian forces. They were rewarded for their contribution after the war by a slice of Austrian alpine territory. The Italians and allied troops finally defeated the Austrians at Vittorio Veneto... and captured Trieste and Trento. They felt pretty good about the results as it rounded out Italian territory not redeemed during the war for independence.

Did the Italians really ‘win,’ or was it just that jackace commanding general of the AH troops out incompetenced the Italian commander...

How many battles of the Isonzo River?

24 minutes ago, lewellenfawr said:

On the bravery of the individual Italian solder Rommel is purported to have said " "The German soldier has impressed the world, however, the Italian Bersagliere soldier has impressed the German soldier" When competently officered the Italian troops gave a good account of themselves. They did have some notable victories but these were overshadowed by the ultimate defeat.

Folgore Parachute Division, in particular, seems to have acquitted themselves quite well in North Africa.

[NSEW]
Members
528 posts
4,274 battles

I thought that just made you a Regia Marina fan or have weebs found a way to ruin that to.

I also want to know what is wrong in saying they were victorious in WW1, they fought on the winning side and reclaimed Italian land.

Sounds like a winner to me.

I've yet to hear some one say France or thr Netherlands lost WW2 and they were at one point almost entirely occupied by the Axis.

• Thanks 1
  • Boring 1

[SALVO]
Members
9,549 posts
6,988 battles
18 hours ago, lewellenfawr said:

Now this will get me "shat" on.

I think that in WWII Italy punched well above what might otherwise be expected considering the defects in the Italian industrial and resource base. They sort of kept the supply lines open to North Africa. They were fighting the world's greatest naval power... England... and they kept in the game for three years. They also contributed forces in Russia, the Balkans, and Africa. Ultimately of course soundly defeated.

Italy's WW1 military is like... That guy that derps around and gets carried to victory by his team and undeservedly gets rewarded a star. 

[C9]
Members
13 posts
27,666 battles
20 hours ago, MnemonScarlet said:

I think the term is 'pastaboo' for the Italian ones. Americans are burgerboos/freeaboos, and so on.

I submit ‘Spaghettiboo’ if the resolution on pastaboo doesn’t make it through the WG senate.

• Boring 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
32,265 posts
27,038 battles
19 hours ago, TaxDollarsAtWork said:

I thought that just made you a Regia Marina fan or have weebs found a way to ruin that to.

I also want to know what is wrong in saying they were victorious in WW1, they fought on the winning side and reclaimed Italian land.

Sounds like a winner to me.

I've yet to hear some one say France or thr Netherlands lost WW2 and they were at one point almost entirely occupied by the Axis.

WWII is a game of two halves.

The Allies:

&f=1&nofb=1

red-army-soldiers-raising-the-soviet-fla

hAVyAmX.jpeg

Allied+soldiers+mock+Hitler+atop+his+bal

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[SIMP]
Members
1,454 posts
12,170 battles
21 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Did the Italians really ‘win,’ or was it just that jackace commanding general of the AH troops out incompetenced the Italian commander...

How many battles of the Isonzo River?

Folgore Parachute Division, in particular, seems to have acquitted themselves quite well in North Africa.

If you get a chance to read Rommels documents/diary - he held the Italian soldiers in high esteem, the Italian Leadership - not so much

[SIMP]
Members
1,454 posts
12,170 battles
3 hours ago, shotgunedd said:

I submit ‘Spaghettiboo’ if the resolution on pastaboo doesn’t make it through the WG senate.

You can try - Sports_Cars_that_look_Fantastic_but_spend_most_of_their_time_awaiting_repair_aboo - too long?

• Haha 1

[NSEW]
Members
528 posts
4,274 battles
44 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

WWII is a game of two halves.

The Allies:

&f=1&nofb=1

red-army-soldiers-raising-the-soviet-fla

hAVyAmX.jpeg

Allied+soldiers+mock+Hitler+atop+his+bal

Reread my post, I feel you didn't get it.

11 minutes ago, _cthulhu_ said:

You can try - Sports_Cars_that_look_Fantastic_but_spend_most_of_their_time_awaiting_repair_aboo - too long?

Alfa Romeos are great cars I don't know what you're going on about

[SIMP]
Members
1,454 posts
12,170 battles
2 minutes ago, TaxDollarsAtWork said:

Reread my post, I feel you didn't get it.

Alfa Romeos are great cars I don't know what you're going on about

For some crazy reason I love them Alfas, but I also have experience with Italian sports cars... So, yeah, if you have one, you will know the truth of what I said

[NSEW]
Members
528 posts
4,274 battles
4 minutes ago, _cthulhu_ said:

For some crazy reason I love them Alfas, but I also have experience with Italian sports cars... So, yeah, if you have one, you will know the truth of what I said

My uncle had one when I was growing up it only had two problems, had to cross state lines to go to a certified mechanic to fix it.

And that he got into a nasty crash pushing it to the limit.

Some damn fine cars though.

Edited by TaxDollarsAtWork

[SIMP]
Members
1,454 posts
12,170 battles
7 minutes ago, TaxDollarsAtWork said:

My uncle had one when I was growing up it only had two problems, had to cross state lines to go to a certified mechanic to fix it.

And that he got into a nasty crash pushing it to the limit.

Some damn fine cars though.

Yeah, I lust after the 4c something awful...

[ARGSY]
Members
25,691 posts
19,781 battles
6 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

Italy's WW1 military is like... That guy that derps around and gets carried to victory by his team and undeservedly gets rewarded a star. 

Naah, it's more like a Cavour player who's almost dead against a Viribus Unitis and a Konig, but suddenly gets saved by an Iron Duke and a Bretagne.

[CLUMP]
Members
2,107 posts
2,429 battles

I would also be Italian weeaboo if Italian BBs didn't suck so bad :fish_haloween:

[LEGIO]
Members
3,584 posts
9,152 battles

The Littorio class were really fine ships in reality. I almost wish there hadn't been such an excess in fast battleships post-war where the US or UK might have refit and kept them. Or even have allowed the Italians to keep them.

The Soviets wanted them pretty badly but with relations rapid deteriorating the US and UK didn't want that.

[GOOF]
Members
856 posts
7,055 battles
7 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

I don't recall anybody praising Italy as a star after ww1, true fighting Austria Hungary in the Dalmatian MTS amounted to little.

They actually received less then the expected for being on the allies side in WW1 hence nationalism and promises leading too WW2

If you want to talk lame talk about the phony war of France and britain.

Talk about the Munich agreement and "peace for our time!"

Sign in to follow this