You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
HammerKing1982

French BB..... MEH.... only Lyon worth to keep

55 comments in this topic

[_WOW_]
[_WOW_]
Members
148 posts
6,603 battles

After toiling for a month, Im truly dissapointed with French BB. Here's in a nut shell starting from Tier 7

7 Lyon : The best ship in the whole French fleet, infact it outclass almost all nation ships by having 16 barrels. HE or AP, each game an average of 3 kills for sure. Very good armor too ! (Would be great if upgraded to 30 knots) 

8 Richelliue : A terrible ship, with NO rear end defence. Win rate 50%.... not a fan

9 Alsace : 12 barrels, nice nice. But POOR broadside and easily catches fire form HE shells. Everybody aims u once spotted. Armor is a joke. Still, 12 barrels u still can score. ( I kept this ship)

10 Republique : This is a failure. Win rate is like Russian Roullete. Unpredictable and horrible accuracy. Sure it has 30km range, but chances of landing shells are thin, when the shells hits enemies is cause minimal damage. Armor and Main Battery is a joke, no match compared to other tier 10 ships. Get too close to enemy, the whole world aim u and shoots u. Get too far, ur team mates calling u cowards. A very hard to live with SHIP. (Sold it for good, transferred the captain back to my good ol Lyon)

So, if anyone havent spent money, sweat, time unlocking all French BB, DONT !  After u unlock Lyon, STOP. Dont bother to go further. U best focus on USA and Japan BB.

thats all folks. tell me ur experience. cheers

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1
  • Meh 7

[5D]
Members
1,181 posts
16,042 battles

the best French BB is Bourgogne and it is for steel

• Cool 2

[_WOW_]
[_WOW_]
Members
148 posts
6,603 battles

Obi, never say things u DONT know. Dont guess. I played this game long enough 2 years ago, I works on cruise ship myself, just came back and played again 10 hours daily for 2 months. 
U are here to comments, nobody asked for ur judgemental replies. I played each ship more than 100 battles. Thank you very much

Edited by HammerKing1982
  • Meh 5

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,568 posts
13,018 battles

I like all the French BBs but I’m not good so that’s all I got to say . Love the JB and the Alsace the Lyon too . 

[_WOW_]
[_WOW_]
Members
148 posts
6,603 battles

I think, I played more than 600 Battles with French BB. I would not say its alot. But thats QUITE alot in 4 weeks. 

Republique.....If you encounter CA and DD, around 10km, you can score. AA and secondaries are very good imho. but thats about it, with Republique. BUT, how much chance is that ?? Once enemy ships spotted you, any DD, CA or BB aim you with HE shells, you are DEAD. No escape. So what good is a tier 10 BB with a broadside loves to burn ? Even Lyon can absorb as much hits and still survive.......

U wish to go in a pack, everyone aims you. U keep your distance within 30km, you cant kill anyone except KS last hit. WHATS THE POINT ? NONE

So this is what the French BB are, the higher tier, the more unreliable the BB are, thats the truth, a huge dissapointment. Look at Japanese and USA BB, their high tier, the better..... that should be the way. 

After all the doubloons with real money...and time and efforts......French BB fleet is a joke...... a complete waste of time. (except Lyon)

Edited by HammerKing1982
  • Meh 1

[_WOW_]
[_WOW_]
Members
148 posts
6,603 battles
Just now, Estimated_Prophet said:

This, more or less.

I love my Normandie. I’d rather play it than any of my higher tier MN battleships.

Ah Normandie, I prefer Lyon, confirmed winning assurance

Members
799 posts
10,291 battles

Republique is a good ship, it just has a flanking/opportunistic playstyle unlike other tier 10 BBs. You don't want to sail it like a Yammy or GK or Montana, it's a unique ship with unique strengths. Use the speed to flex and reposition and it's fast reload when you get in position, and it can be excellent.

Alsace was also very good imo.

Lyon was a huge letdown for me, lots of guns is nice but terrible firing angles means you have to show nearly full broadside to get all the guns on target. Unwieldy and overrated!

Jean Bart(premium) is awesome if you can get your hands on it.

I enjoyed the line overall.

[_WOW_]
[_WOW_]
Members
148 posts
6,603 battles
Just now, Dr_Powderfinger said:

Republique is a good ship, it just has a flanking/opportunistic playstyle unlike other tier 10 BBs. You don't want to sail it like a Yammy or GK or Montana, it's a unique ship with unique strengths. Use the speed to flex and reposition and it's fast reload when you get in position, and it can be excellent.

Alsace was also very good imo.

Lyon was a huge letdown for me, lots of guns is nice but terrible firing angles means you have to show nearly full broadside to get all the guns on target. Unwieldy and overrated!

Jean Bart(premium) is awesome if you can get your hands on it.

I enjoyed the line overall.

U have a point. This is what I expect to read.  But in a Random with all tier X line up, Republique is not favourable. If the enemy line up are mostly USA BB,  Republique will suffer alot. My play style are highly mixed, camping and going full speed, but no matter how many games I played (maybe I sxxked) its just dissapointing.

Lyon, have bad firing angles and slow respond, this I agrees. But thanks to its armour it can take on hits and damage. Even moments before death, Lyon able to sink ships and you walk away happily. On an average of final face-off duel, both Lyon and enemy ship at 20% HP, Lyon wins all the time. Thats the perks of having 16 guns.

Alsace, I love and hate it. Love it's 12 shells, anti air fighter plane.... but still everyone aims you once spotted, thanks to horrible easy-catch-fire broadside. Still win rate/survival rate is higher than Republique. If WOWS buff up it's armour, then its a good ship.  

On the scale of 10 points, I rate :

Lyon 10 (Sure kill win rate)

Alsace : 7 (70% win rate)

Republique : 3 (God help us!)

Sharing this coz I dont want anyone to go thru the pain of paying real money for doubloons and go unlock Republique. Its not worth it. Focus on Japan and USA instead, they have amazing ship. I chose French fleet becoz I was amazed by Lyon reviews on youtube. This is important, as you gonna spend REAL MONEY, this is the main concern. If wows made Republique a great ship, I would have wrote a great review !

Edited by HammerKing1982

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
26,268 posts
22,545 battles
On 3/7/2021 at 2:07 AM, HammerKing1982 said:

Wow. So we're only allowed to reply if we agree with you or say the things you want us to say? What kind of utter rot is that? You come here, to a public discussion forum, post nonsense, and then decide who is allowed to reply or not? If that's your attitude, go tell your dog which line is good or bad.

The French BB line is one of the better ones in the game.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 2

[SPTR]
Members
27,734 posts
18,519 battles

you're the complete opposite of me, my experience with the Lyon is meh to just ok, and then when I grinded through the Richelieu, Alsace and especially the Republique those are some of the best times in my time playing WoWs

got myself the legendary Upgrade for Repub and pair up a captain with the improve Adrenalin Rush skill with the BB you have eight BB shell slamming into poor enemies faster than a many of the big gun cruisers can reload their guns and this is a BB with 2.0 sigma.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
4,649 posts

took me a long time to get a feel for bretagne...  now onto Normandie... firing angles suck, dispersion too... over the first 10+ games i was not liking it, but that has changed the more i play it.  JB is op in that any moron can pick it up and it's easy to play, that doesn't hold true for the mid tier french BB's, but the more i play them the better they get.

I am looking forward to Lyon, and Richelieu as much for their differences as anything else...  

[WPORT]
Members
11,651 posts
15,961 battles
6 hours ago, HammerKing1982 said:

After toiling for a month, Im truly dissapointed with French BB. Here's in a nut shell starting from Tier 7

7 Lyon : The best ship in the whole French fleet, infact it outclass almost all nation ships by having 16 barrels. HE or AP, each game an average of 3 kills for sure. Very good armor too ! (Would be great if upgraded to 30 knots) 

8 Richelliue : A terrible ship, with NO rear end defence. Win rate 50%.... not a fan

9 Alsace : 12 barrels, nice nice. But POOR broadside and easily catches fire form HE shells. Everybody aims u once spotted. Armor is a joke. Still, 12 barrels u still can score. ( I kept this ship)

10 Republique : This is a failure. Win rate is like Russian Roullete. Unpredictable and horrible accuracy. Sure it has 30km range, but chances of landing shells are thin, when the shells hits enemies is cause minimal damage. Armor and Main Battery is a joke, no match compared to other tier 10 ships. Get too close to enemy, the whole world aim u and shoots u. Get too far, ur team mates calling u cowards. A very hard to live with SHIP. (Sold it for good, transferred the captain back to my good ol Lyon)

So, if anyone havent spent money, sweat, time unlocking all French BB, DONT !  After u unlock Lyon, STOP. Dont bother to go further. U best focus on USA and Japan BB.

:Smile_veryhappy:

I have French ancestry.  I'm going to grind the entire French line, eventually.  
I won't lay claim to being the best French Ship player.  But I do want a complete collection, someday.

Welcome to "French BB dispersion".

I like Jean Bart, Dunkerque, and Richelieu and even the squishy Strasbourg.  I also have enjoyed many games in the Bretagne with her secondary batteries maxed-out.  

Interesting that you like the Lyon.  
My quibble with the Lyon is that not enough of her turrets can fire to the front.

Thanks for sharing your opinions on the Alsace and the République.  I've not sailed them yet, though I'm looking forward to it.

[WPORT]
Members
11,651 posts
15,961 battles
12 minutes ago, SKurj said:

took me a long time to get a feel for bretagne...  now onto Normandie... firing angles suck, dispersion too... over the first 10+ games i was not liking it, but that has changed the more i play it.  JB is op in that any moron can pick it up and it's easy to play, that doesn't hold true for the mid tier french BB's, but the more i play them the better they get.

I am looking forward to Lyon, and Richelieu as much for their differences as anything else...  

At least Normandie and Lyon have access to scenario operations, and the opportunity to earn more XP per game.
They have "French flavor", 'certainement'.  :Smile_teethhappy:

[WPORT]
Members
11,651 posts
15,961 battles

While viewing the WOWs wiki-page on the French line, I noticed a new-to-me ship, the Flandre.
https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Flandre

One of the photos on the wiki-page has a "Work in progress" watermark.  Hmm.  :cap_hmm:  Something to look forward to, eh?

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
26,268 posts
22,545 battles
12 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

While viewing the WOWs wiki-page on the French line, I noticed a new-to-me ship, the Flandre.

Upcoming Premium, Alsace but with 3x3 15" and a tier lower.

[HINON]
Members
14,340 posts

I'll reply to whatever threads I want thank you very much. I enjoyed all the French bbs from normandie to republique. The space camo makes republique at least 50 percent more effective in combat according to my empirical observations. 

[WPORT]
Members
11,651 posts
15,961 battles
50 minutes ago, Lert said:

Upcoming Premium, Alsace but with 3x3 15" and a tier lower.

10-4

[BONKZ]
Members
301 posts
8,665 battles
8 hours ago, HammerKing1982 said:

i don't know man

but Richelieu's speed is and firepower is enjoyable

I've been working  my way towards the Alsace, I'm completely aware of the low sigma thing and accuracy, but i'm sure getting the repub will be worthwhile

[_WOW_]
[_WOW_]
Members
148 posts
6,603 battles
Just now, HuTao_prpr said:

i don't know man

but Richelieu's speed is and firepower is enjoyable

I've been working  my way towards the Alsace, I'm completely aware of the low sigma thing and accuracy, but i'm sure getting the repub will be worthwhile

Overall, its quite special at first. Until u are being surrounded and being chased by a tiny weeniee DD, then u get what I mean. Alsace is better, bassically a Richelliue with one more turret. Dont get aim with HE. 
Rich, Als, Rep.... u pretty much do the same thing, hiding and evading ALL THE TIME. Cant take hit at all. If u see surroundings with no ally ships, u can only pray and RUN.

Comparing to Lyon, even u know u gonna die, u still can manage to YOLO and ram someone and score. At least everyone aims u, absorbing damage and able to ram n get one kill.

Not so with the Rich, Als, Rep...... pretty much dead b4 u ram someone

Edited by HammerKing1982

[BONKZ]
Members
301 posts
8,665 battles
1 minute ago, HammerKing1982 said:

Overall, its quite special at first. Until u are being surrounded and being chased by a tiny weeniee DD, then u get what I mean. Alsace is better, bassically a Richelliue with one more turret. Dont get aim with HE. 
Rich, Als, Rep.... u pretty much do the same thing, hiding and evading. Cant take hit at all. If u see surroundings with no ally ships, u can only pray and RUN

Richelieu fits my BB playstyle and I love it for what it does

You seem to say the "pray and run" tactic is a bad thing when it's like generally how all ships were played in this times

[ARS]
Beta Testers
6,763 posts
6,909 battles

You don't seem to understand the base mechanics of the game.  It makes your opinions of each of these ships rather suspect.

I suggest you look into how armor works in the game and how fire chance works in the game.  Not liking a ship is fine, but nonsense like "easily catches fire form HE shells" just screams "I have no idea what I am talking about!"

[VORTX]
Members
715 posts
9,106 battles
15 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

You don't seem to understand the base mechanics of the game.  It makes your opinions of each of these ships rather suspect.

I suggest you look into how armor works in the game and how fire chance works in the game.  Not liking a ship is fine, but nonsense like "easily catches fire form HE shells" just screams "I have no idea what I am talking about!"

Absolutely this. 

A thousand games and a very low win count. It tells us your not pulling your weight and (probably) ran up to high tier too quickly or need to learn positioning and some patience. My own win rate was similar at about 500 games played but I was able to pull it up drastically when I learned the above advice. In warships overextending is usually a quick trip back to port. While the game moves slowly and steadily towards being a bang bang shooter, it still has enough strategy left in it to reward smart play. Slow down a bit and watch your mini map. 

I don’t think you need a hundred games in a ship to get gud, but 25-50 would be highly beneficial. Richy and Alice are very good bow on at medium range. Both are very fun to play. They are a bit fragile with poor dispersion. overextending early is a Death sentence. I play Repub similar to a Thunderer in the early game. A lot of long range HE early match but you can move up to mid and close range much easier later in the match than a Thunderer when when we can switch to a more GK oriented play. Your secondaries are useful for anti DD duty, but I do not recommend full secondary builds. 

[PISD]
Members
2,011 posts
6,644 battles
2 hours ago, HammerKing1982 said:

Overall, its quite special at first. Until u are being surrounded and being chased by a tiny weeniee DD, then u get what I mean.

With her speed, good rear secondaries and good rear firing angle, it is not so much a concern. Or at least, not much than in any other BB.

[HINON]
Members
9,250 posts
13,940 battles
6 hours ago, HammerKing1982 said:

Dude, U too, dont reply. Not welcome.

I would not care u are SUPERMAN, ULTRAMAN or MODERATOR, u reply like a moron, u get your medicine. I did not get personal with anyone, Im just focusing on th topic.

BE OFF

i suggest you get off that little high horse of yours before someone takes you off it themselves

Edited by tcbaker777

[_WOW_]
[_WOW_]
Members
148 posts
6,603 battles

just leave, haters...  Im up for the topic, no need judgemental and personal. Hell, I dont even care any of you and your win rate. I paid for the game, Im just discussing a topic. If we click, u replies, if we dont, DONT bother. I dont care