Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
An_Angry_Hamster

Bot Programming - Does Bethesda own WoW?

7 comments in this topic

Members
2 posts
674 battles

Does Bethesda own World of Warship? I ask because it seems with the bot programming or lack thereof, it feels like a Bethesda kinda thing. I know I can't be the only one that is sick and tired of the "friendly" bots firing on us, ramming us, turning right in front of us and US getting penalized for it. I mean it's bad enough we have intelligence-challenged living players to deal with but the bots are getting out of hand. I know I am not on the high end of this but I have spent several thousand between both of my accounts on this game and am about to take my money and go elsewhere, no matter how much I enjoy the game. The attached screenshot show a wonderfully programmed bot turning in from of me a little bit ago and giving me that penalty bonus again.

shot-21.03.05_23.53.44-0567.jpg

Supertester
4,267 posts
4,646 battles

You could just like. stop and let it go in front of you instead of just going full speed ahead.

Members
2 posts
674 battles
3 hours ago, Noshiro_ said:

You could just like. stop and let it go in front of you instead of just going full speed ahead.

Why should I?

[CO-OP]
Members
3,913 posts
31,718 battles

33 minutes ago, An_Angry_Hamster said:

Why should I?

When you're pink you should always be hyper-vigilant for these sorts of shenanigans.  There are human griefers out there that will do the same thing, the only exception is that it will be a lot harder to avoid them.  

[CVA16]
Members
6,858 posts
21,047 battles

The bots have gotten a little better in the ramming aspect. They will actually maneuver to avoid collisions (friendly and hostile) SOMETIMES. However, their proclivity to shoot friendlies may actually be worse. For example, I don't remember wrong way torp launches being a thing years ago.

Supertester
4,267 posts
4,646 battles
On 3/7/2021 at 1:22 AM, An_Angry_Hamster said:

Why should I?

Imagine this, you're in a car driving along. Another car turns into your lane like 300m in front of you and goes slowly/stops. Do you normally just keep going full speed until you hit them or do you slow down and avoid the collision? Because you're implying the first option is your only option.

Sign in to follow this