You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Col_Nasty

Twitch container/rewards irritating discovery (FYI)

15 comments in this topic

[GOB]
Members
3,005 posts

EDIT:

So people know I knwo the containers have nothing big in them and I watch some streams for the fun and info.. NOT for a couple of flags...

--------------------------------------------

So i'm checking out the new system..  I see a container that I apparently earned a while back.

It has a Claim loot now button.

I click it.

It says PSYCH!!!

So I guess we need to get all nerdy about checking in with Twitch all the time now or lose the stuff we " Earned "

That kinda make the whole " Earned " thing MOOT doesn't it?

Tacky.

Remember now,  CHECK BACK IN WITH TWITCH or they take the things you "Earned" back .

Edited by Col_Nasty

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
4,637 posts

you signed up to artificially inflate wg and twitch viewership...  its like paying you to show support...   but hey you signed up for it, it's on you  to claim it...

i won't bother with that crap, most of the viewers are just bots waiting for the drops...

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,473 posts
14,971 battles
27 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

So I guess we need to get all nerdy about checking in with Twitch all the time now or lose the stuff we " Earned "

You only earn if you have been watched a stream and you earn drops about once an hour if the streamer has them turned on.

[MIBRA]
Banned
1,424 posts
8,983 battles

Twitch drops are worthless. And now that there isn't the rare loot, which was impossible to get anyway, it became even more worthless. Just watch the streamer....or don't. You might as well unlink your account to twitch, as any relevant stuff comes from codes anyway.

[EQRN]
Members
2,299 posts
21,445 battles

I don’t mind the new system, it tells you when to start watching and gives you a progress meter in relation to how long you have to watch.  For instance, this week the unlockable didn’t start till Wednesday, so don’t bother watching Monday or Tuesday, and once it starts it requires an hour, so I leave Twitch running on my desk when the steam starts, come back an hour later and hit claim.

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
10,351 posts
26,771 battles
18 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

I don’t mind the new system, it tells you when to start watching and gives you a progress meter in relation to how long you have to watch.  For instance, this week the unlockable didn’t start till Wednesday, so don’t bother watching Monday or Tuesday, and once it starts it requires an hour, so I leave Twitch running on my desk when the steam starts, come back an hour later and hit claim.

Same here, it is fine. I like the progression meter since it tells me exactly how long I need to watch in order to farm the reward. I use Twitch as TV at night when working so it is very useful and I don't have to leave the streams going as I go to bed in order to get a random drop. It is free oil, free credits, and free signal flags for doing something I normally do anyways. The removal of a possible "big prize" is a bit disappointing but hardly a deal breaker for me. 

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
4,020 posts

Twitch can or was fooled back in the day, just set up the computer laptop on the router number two cable. Log into twitch and let it sit there with the screen up and stream going volume off for almost two hours.

Log into game and collect your obligatory 100K silver and a couple camo drop from Twitch.

I deleted that account. It has no benefit to me. I can always get the silver twice that in a few minutes coop and all sorts of camo anytime in game.

[GOB]
Members
3,005 posts
2 hours ago, SKurj said:

you signed up to artificially inflate wg and twitch viewership...  its like paying you to show support...   but hey you signed up for it, it's on you  to claim it...

i won't bother with that crap, most of the viewers are just bots waiting for the drops...

Bots?? Really??  

Just said Hi to Hapa today.. seemed like a bunch of real people there too.

[GOB]
Members
3,005 posts
2 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

You only earn if you have been watched a stream and you earn drops about once an hour if the streamer has them turned on.

You don't understand.. i DID earn the Drop.. they said I was too late to actually Claim it AFTER I clicked the claim loot now button that said it was there waiting for me.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,473 posts
14,971 battles
4 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

You don't understand.. i DID earn the Drop.. they said I was too late to actually Claim it AFTER I clicked the claim loot now button that said it was there waiting for me.

Some drops are only active during the stream. I am going to guess that is what happened.

[GOB]
Members
3,005 posts
20 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Some drops are only active during the stream. I am going to guess that is what happened.

ahhhh.. I've never seen that type.  Most of the time I would see them the next morning telling me I had a crate.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,473 posts
14,971 battles
27 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

ahhhh.. I've never seen that type.  Most of the time I would see them the next morning telling me I had a crate.

It was just a thought.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
4,637 posts
8 hours ago, Col_Nasty said:

Bots?? Really??  

Just said Hi to Hapa today.. seemed like a bunch of real people there too.

yes, and a lot of those that aren't bots will just be there for the drops and not even watching...

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
4,020 posts

Sometimes I tied that computer's mouse input to the main machine remotely. So whatever my mouse does it does.

I had a group of classmates in IT security snicker and laugh behind my back across our computer room as they watched me sit there with a mouse that was not under my control. I finally got the mouse back from them by finding my machine on the classroom LAN and renaming it to something else entirely and took it off the LAN. They quit laughing at that point. Didnt take but a few minutes to solve the hack.

I do remember that day because they hated me for it. Then they became enemies. I was not supposed to be able to solve the problem and then remove them from the machine access entirely. It wont be the first time.

Edited by xHeavy

[LRM]
[LRM]
Members
399 posts
10,864 battles
On 3/5/2021 at 11:54 PM, FrodoFraggin said:

New system is MUCH MUCH better. Now i don't have to leave twitch open for days praying to get the stuff. It says clearly when next container will be available. I just set an alarm to that day and hour. When time comes, alarm on PC plays, I findd browser tab with Twitch, leave it open, when progress bar completes I claim it and set alarm for next week and can forget about Twitch for 1 week. MUCH better.