You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Lord_Argus

Please Name One Thing You Would Do To Improve The Game If You had The Power(Suggestion Must be Constructive)

80 comments in this topic

[SOBA6]
Members
255 posts

As title says, name one thing you would do if you had the power to make the game better for all. Please no inflammatory responses like "remove CV's" as we all know that is not possible. I'd like to hear honest and constructive ways you'd implement to improve the overall quality and design of the game for the entire population. Ship improvements, radar changes, matchmaking, premium shop, maps, scenarios, etc! We see a lot of complaining on these forums so I thought it would be cool to use that negative energy and propose real solutions. 

My idea if I had the power: I enjoy in game contests like the Turkey and Pumpkin hunts so I'd love it if we had more contests throughout the year along those lines. Like hunt the Leprechaun and if you destroy him you get his gold! Or on Pirate day you have a Pirate ship in random games that you have to find and ram to get the prize! Be funny everyone chasing a ship especially a fast one all over the map and trying to ram him/her as your taking enemy fire at the same time lol. 
Cheesy as it may sound, that would make the game so much more fun throughout the year. 

So lets hear one from you!

• Boring 1

Members
1,466 posts

Introduce 2 more Captain skills making it 23  and making it 2.4 million extra exp to get there from 21.

Then take all the meaningful skills and place them in the 4 point category  while making the lower skills conditional only.

Then Give one month free reskill. {After that time expires charge doubloon {{ many}} for the changes we make to the skills after the fallout}

This is a JOKE  { or is it? }

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
958 posts
7,581 battles

Move the game as it is into Co-Op, Scenarios, and maybe Brawls.

Introduce "complex" mechanics to Ranked, Randoms, and Clan Battles:

• Manual AA,
  • A up-down range which planes can fly in
  • Manual control of CV damage control repair party (w/e it's called)
  • Limited flight time of Planes
  • Plane spotting from only the squadron being controlled
  •  Other stuff we need to explore regarding CVs
  • Buffs/nerfs as necessary. The key is improving the interaction with these "complex" interactions.
  • Cool 2
  • Meh 1

[CHASE]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,091 posts
9,932 battles

Fix surface ship and CV interaction

• Cool 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Meh 1

[WORX]
Members
12,504 posts
19,722 battles
13 minutes ago, Lord_Argus said:

As title says,

Unfortunately, when we did have power... We didn't know what we wanted... lol...

(in context, it was the one time we had input on ship balance.)

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
958 posts
7,581 battles
Just now, iChase said:

responded to your youtuibe video. Think you almost hit the mark man lol

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
13,195 posts
27,677 battles

If I am limited to ONE thing to improve WOWS if I had the power (I assume by this you mean I somehow became the owner or controlling interest) I would start by cleaning house in management and get some new people making decisions on the game and direction it would go. There is no one thing that would do more to fix this game then new people developing it because that is the biggest problem with it (IMO) currently. They don't appear to know what the players want or even understand their own game and they have completely lost the trust of their customers.

No more catering to a select few, the game would be developed in all areas, every player would matter the same, and priority one would be honesty and transparency when dealing with the players. I think that is where you start to change course and get things back on track.

Then you start addressing individual things and that is a very very long list. I would also give the peeps in the Art Dept a raise as they are clearly the only ones currently with a clue. 

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 9
  • Thanks 5

Volunteer Moderator, Volunteer Moderator
434 posts
5,527 battles

One thing I would do to improve the game is add in an actual Tutorial that goes beyond the extreme basics of the game. I don't mind much how the game is currently for me a fairly well-seasoned player. 
However, if you are a new user the experience is quite different. Is there a "tutorial"? Technically yes, but I see all the time in-game and on discord and other platforms new users still struggling with understanding the game and how some things work even after the current tutorial in the game. 

A real fairly in-depth tutorial would genuinely not only help improve the game for the new users by making the game less overwhelming and confusing but help the quality of life later on when they meet us more seasoned players, as they will (hopefully) already know and honing certain skills rather than still learning them or just finding out about them and wondering "why are some people mad at me?"

A good tutorial would make the game more inviting and should help retain more players as they would leave that stage with a more solid grasp of most of the game and other mechanics (including in port). One of the most well-executed tutorials I've ever seen in a game is in Azur Lane (oh no he mentioned that weeb game!!). Azur Lane's tutorial is so well executed on its own that a complete stranger to the game and even the gatcha genre can leave their tutorials (more than just the first) with enough knowledge that you don't really need to go seek out other help for mechanics.   

thats my two cents.

• Cool 1

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,619 posts

I would use my power to direct money and dev time back into Operations.  I would bring back the missing Ops and have new ones made on some sort of schedule. 

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 2

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,440 posts
22,640 battles

Give back aft to AA.

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,750 posts
4,272 battles

One thing only? Put a battle gate on Ranked. Have X battles in tech tree ships at whatever tier Ranked is. Prevent people buying a premium and trying out this new gamemode. Probably wouldn't help the standard of play, but it would at least remove one excuse for people complaining about terrible teammates.

It's not high on my list of things I would change, but it's about the only thing where a single change gives a signficant improvement.

5 minutes ago, iChase said:

I agree, and would have been my answer if the question was how do you improve WOWS. But I think that involves more than changing one thing.

Edited by AJTP89
  • Cool 1

[VOP]
Members
939 posts
12 minutes ago, Nikolay_Kuznetsov_ said:

Introduce 2 more Captain skills making it 23  and making it 2.4 million extra exp to get there from 21.

Then take all the meaningful skills and place them in the 4 point category  while making the lower skills conditional only.

Then Give one month free reskill. {After that time expires charge doubloon {{ many}} for the changes we make to the skills after the fallout}

This is a JOKE  { or is it? }

OMG! I hope WG doesn't see this! They may think it's not a joke and is a good idea. Lol.

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,750 posts
4,272 battles
3 minutes ago, mfumukoskoldpadda said:

One thing I would do to improve the game is add in an actual Tutorial that goes beyond the extreme basics of the game. I don't mind much how the game is currently for me a fairly well-seasoned player. 
However, if you are a new user the experience is quite different. Is there a "tutorial"? Technically yes, but I see all the time in-game and on discord and other platforms new users still struggling with understanding the game and how some things work even after the current tutorial in the game. 

A real fairly in-depth tutorial would genuinely not only help improve the game for the new users by making the game less overwhelming and confusing but help the quality of life later on when they meet us more seasoned players, as they will (hopefully) already know and honing certain skills rather than still learning them or just finding out about them and wondering "why are some people mad at me?"

A good tutorial would make the game more inviting and should help retain more players as they would leave that stage with a more solid grasp of most of the game and other mechanics (including in port). One of the most well-executed tutorials I've ever seen in a game is in Azur Lane (oh no he mentioned that weeb game!!). Azur Lane's tutorial is so well executed on its own that a complete stranger to the game and even the gatcha genre can leave their tutorials (more than just the first) with enough knowledge that you don't really need to go seek out other help for mechanics.   

thats my two cents.

This is very true, and probably is THE answer.  Also easier access to more detailed info. The Wiki has a lot of the data, but you have to dig for it. And something (dispersion patterns, AP pen values) aren't there at all.

[UNC]
Members
888 posts
6,240 battles

Incentivize playing the objective and disincentivize playing for personal stats, i.e. encourage team play via game mechanics to the extent possible. (you can't herd cats, after all)

• Cool 1

[SOBA6]
Members
255 posts
25 minutes ago, mfumukoskoldpadda said:

thats my two cents.

I 100% agree the game needs a better tutorial because I remember when I first started playing it felt like a huge learning curve compared to everything else I had played!

Members
195 posts
19,120 battles

Have the daily containers stay on the last selected type... so i don't have to keep going back to change it... be able to change the dynamic cross hairs to any colour i like.

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
8,916 posts
15,620 battles

New maps and random battle game modes.

Members
1,500 posts
17,888 battles

Only one thing... eliminate 2 CV per team games.

Easy to do and it would make more than a few people happy.

• Thanks 3

[HINON]
Members
8,632 posts
12,554 battles

hire people that would care about the game just half as much as the art department does

Edited by tcbaker777
  • Cool 4
  • Thanks 1

[-BCO-]
Members
1,727 posts
2,929 battles

Well... all the above. It is still technically one thing.......

Members
826 posts

i would change the need for some ECXP to research tech tree ships ...this is a problem currently as people who want to KEEP adding ships can not if they are trying to rebuild their 19pt commanders to 21 pt commanders....i think this problem will show up at christmas ...

[BINGO]
Members
144 posts
9,199 battles

I am a firm believer in respecting the paying customer.  If you pay to play, there should other benefits.  If you pay there should be an option to play Warships without Warplanes destroying the surface combatant game we all came here for.  A proliferation of CV's has entirely toxified this game for reasons amply stated in so many posts and videos.

Or get rid of multiple CV matches.  One per team is the rule for t-10 why subject all other tiers to this extremely toxic game mechanic that WG refuses to amend even though it has laid waste to low tier play.

Edited by Willawaw
  • Cool 6