You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.

149 comments in this topic

[-Y-]
Members
843 posts
61 battles

Ah the naive innocence of new players; I have tears in my eyes even as I read your post (not tears of laughter, but tears of nostalgia and 2015).

Stay innocent as long as you can, I guess.

• Cool 24
  • Funny 5
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 3

Members
1,024 posts
3 minutes ago, Draxbane said:

6. Think "Big picture". You ARE NOT IN THE MEETING ROOM WITH THE DEV"S AND STAFF.

It doesnt take a 'big brain' to understand that placing a game-mechanic in which one player can strike another player at will, at any distance, as many times as it wants, without that players itself being attacked is absolutely ridiculous -- regardless of the game. 

Bullies/thugs/punks/griefers love the class, and weegee sold quite a few, but its not healthy for the game.  

• Cool 12
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 2

Banned
862 posts
1,010 battles
1 minute ago, Farm_Fresh_Eggs said:

It doesnt take a 'big brain' to understand that placing a game-mechanic in which one player can strike another player at will, at any distance, as many times as it wants, without that players itself being attacked is absolutely ridiculous -- regardless of the game. 

Bullies/thugs/punks/griefers love the class, and weegee sold quite a few, but its not healthy for the game.  

And they say CV haters are the minority

• Meh 2

[GGBOY]
Members
386 posts
1,619 battles

Not a WG defender, but always reminding myself that nobody or any company is perfect.

It's human nature looking, and focusing on the negatives rather than the positives. 

This thread is more than likely going to be locked.

Edited by YAMATO_DIFFERENCE
  • Cool 3
  • Thanks 1

Banned
862 posts
1,010 battles

Personally I think it's because toxicity is as much a part of the game as cvs and rng are. They can't whine they can't be happy

• Cool 1
  • Meh 4

[PISD]
Members
2,009 posts
6,640 battles
14 minutes ago, Draxbane said:

Dead eye will be the death of us", "The time of secondaries is over". I literally just read several forum, facebook and youtube posts where people were having record matches with secondaries :Smile_teethhappy: "Brawling is dead" False. Still seeing tons of it. What I am seeing is the result of YouTubers play strategy. It was social influencers who preached cover and demanded newer players to hang back and use the islands for cover. Now that they are doing that, the players that got good off of sniping are mad. Nobody is taking objectives because they are doing WHAT THEY WATCHED ON SOCIAL MEDIA. The current playstyle isn't WG's fault, I hate to be the one to explain that.

The main issue with Dead Eyes is that tester told them that it would encourage camping, but Wargaming went ahead regardless. And now you have some FDG hugging the back line trying to play like Thunderer.

• Cool 2

[KWF]
Members
6,690 posts
7,321 battles

I hope you have that outlook on the game 2,3 years on. On my 6th year of playing this game on and off, and a proud complainer. Why? Because I give a damn about this game.  Money and time spent aside, I still believe in the vision of a fun, historically related arcade ship game.  That's why I take breaks but still return at the game. So when I see throughout the years that vision fading at least allow me to protest it.

Edited by warheart1992
  • Cool 8
  • Thanks 4
  • Boring 1

[PVE]
Members
7,571 posts
13 minutes ago, Draxbane said:

I never thought that my first 2 contributions to a game would be in defense of the actual company.

Here's an honest question for you.  What makes you so sure you know more than people that have been playing this game for years?  People will have different opinions, and some opinions have been formed over years of experience.

• Cool 3

Members
220 posts
5 minutes ago, Farm_Fresh_Eggs said:

Oddly enough, I am not getting one-shotted when paying attention or at all from such distances. I move up and make Dead eye useless. I learn new strategies to make myself better. I play different classes that take advantage of concealment. I don't sit still broad side at targets. Deadeye hardly changed a thing. Maybe the first part of the match where the first salvoes are sent out. But still, see miss because it's not a 1 shot kill. Dead eye still needs a measure of skill and understanding. It's actually forcing players to move up. Or you will lose the match. Deadeye is hardly a problem. Human interaction will always create variables in pvp gameplay. That will be the only reply I give for Dead eye arguments. Considering again, it goes right back to what I said. The people that are mad were the ones sniping this whole time. Now everyone gets to do it and now its time to be angry? I watched several videos on the gameplay and literally from years ago are the same complainers are who shaped the playstyle for the game today. Im sorry but that's the reality of it. 

• Cool 1
  • Meh 3

[HINON]
Members
9,230 posts
13,912 battles

oh you sweet summer child, i was like you once, new, thinking WG was almost perfect, then came the first Dockyard event and that December, i learned what WG was really about, getting money however they can without a care of how it affects the players

• Cool 11
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

Members
220 posts
13 minutes ago, xXNotCute&CuddlyXx said:

Ah the naive innocence of new players; I have tears in my eyes even as I read your post (not tears of laughter, but tears of nostalgia and 2015).

Stay innocent as long as you can, I guess.

Ive played games since I possibly could grasp a controller or keyboard. Don't for a second think my words come from a lack of experience. Letting others dictate your enjoyment of the game is more foolish? No?

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 3

Members
220 posts
2 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

oh you sweet summer child, i was like you once, new, thinking WG was almost perfect, then came the first Dockyard event and that December, i learned what WG was really about, getting money however they can without a care of how it affects the players

A business that tries to keep the doors open for you to continue to play offers abilities to do so and you hate them for it? Keep your insults to yourself by the way. I have not insulted anyone. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Meh 1

[PISD]
Members
2,009 posts
6,640 battles
3 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

Here's an honest question for you.  What makes you so sure you know more than people that have been playing this game for years?  People will have different opinions, and some opinions have been formed over years of experience.

Which is not necessary a good argument. People can be reactionary to change for no other reason than an unwillingness to adapt/ see their WR drop.

• Thanks 3

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
13,216 posts
18,753 battles

Well said +1

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Boring 1

Members
220 posts
6 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

I hope you have that outlook on the game 2,3 years on. On my 6th year of playing this game on and off, and a proud complainer. Why? Because I give a damn about this game.  Money and time spent aside, I still believe in the vision of a fun, historically related arcade ship game.  That's why I take breaks but still return at the game. So when I see throughout the years that vision fading at least allow me to protest it.

Again, WoWs is not my first MMO, not my first game, and not my first experience. I am 37 years old. The concept that a business offers products to keep the lights on and doesn't force you to buy is bad? The concept of offering you the ability to pay for ways to enjoy the game more makes them horrible? How exactly is a free to game supposed to stay a float?

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[WOLFC]
Members
2,618 posts
10 minutes ago, Lose_dudes said:

Personally I think it's because toxicity is as much a part of the game as cvs and rng are. They can't whine they can't be happy

I would argue that toxicity exists in this game at way lower levels then in some and way less then this forum or reddit would imply. 

The best way to avoid toxic behaviour in this game is to

• avoid the youtubers who do that stuff
  • ignore battle chat
  • don't take this forum or reddit for anything other then occasionally useful information

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Meh 1

[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,236 posts
4,354 battles

Pretty much agree. WG has certainly made some questionable decisions, and I don't necessarily agree with some directions they seem to be going. But you are correct, the "patch X is going to ruin the game forever" every time a new patch comes out is overblown. Most of the player base has no clue how to make a game balanced, much less support a profitable business. In the end my standard is if the game is still fun for me to play. If yes, I'm happy. If no, I'll move on. WG certainly isn't perfect, but overall they've done pretty well. I'm not a big fan of the CV rework or the captain rework, but the game is still fun to play for me so whatever. Basically people need to take everything they hear with a grain of salt and actually try things for themselves. But it's way easier to jump on a salty bandwagon, so we get the constant whine threads. Deadeye is the perfect example. The CCs said (rightly) it would encourage camping. So everyone equipped it and camped. Now people are testing it out finding (no surprise) that it doesn't make your FDG a sniper, and that except for a few ships Deadeye is more of a waste. The skill still encourages bad play and for that reason I think it should go, but I also think a lot of problems would have been avoided had the CCs not instantly pumped out videos highlighting sniper builds and maybe instead tried to explain how it was a bad option for almost all ships. 

• Cool 2
  • Meh 1

Banned
862 posts
1,010 battles

WOT is worse. WoWP is nice and supportive but people from wot and wows both hate it for some reason

[WOLFC]
Members
2,618 posts

I would note that right now on this very first page of this forum there is

a)  a thread about a youtuber that is now 24 pages long

b)  a thread from a person asking for help with premium choices that has received 3 replies in 2 hours

I swear, some of the people in here are dysfunctional when it comes to why they are in here and do not know why...yet

• Thanks 3
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

Banned
862 posts
1,010 battles

Azure Lane killed US subs for me, so it's not because I hate subs or anything

Members
31 posts
17 minutes ago, Lose_dudes said:

Wanting a game based on balance certainly can't be any part of it.  Nope.

Banned
862 posts
1,010 battles
Just now, Phearal said:

Wanting a game based on balance certainly can't be any part of it.  Nope.

Yeah, AA rework was a cash grab that killed the game?

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead, Privateers
16,585 posts
4,774 battles
9 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

old_farts.gif.2b7fd8bd39f60dd5e7565996e505ea09.gif  You want to talk years of experience?

• Cool 3