You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
HooplaJones

FIX YOUR SERVERS LAGS IS AT THE STUPID STAGE

10 comments in this topic

[D-H-O]
-Members-
4,756 posts
16,533 battles

Could you please submit a CS ticket with a WGCheck report attached? Make sure you have "Extended Network Diagnostic" selected. We are currently not seeing any network issues and this can help us diagnose any issues.

-Hapa

• Sad 1

[WORX]
Members
14,361 posts
20,908 battles
8 hours ago, HooplaJones said:

Come on WG lag is out of control...

No laggs here... Its been a smooth patch so far..

[BONKZ]
Members
301 posts
8,665 battles
On 3/5/2021 at 11:43 PM, HooplaJones said:

Come on WG lag is out of control...

Mine is just lagging out a bit because of my family using the internet for YouTube, Netflix and Facebook etc.

Overall, my ping is great even when playing from Asia to NA (avg 103ms)

Maybe it's just on your end? Someone probably hogs up the internet in your residence and does something resource heavy like watching videos and playing roblox

Also check if you're downloading something in the background, such as Windows Updates and torrents

[-REK-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
767 posts

1 gig fiber,  Cisco gear in the house, dudes in Discord all complain at the same time....  could be anything, I sent in a report they requested.

[DDCO]
[DDCO]
Members
20 posts

Wargaming does some things that frustrate me, and I'm sure we can all relate to that, but from my experience, WG has very reliable servers, to the point where I have actually wished other games had consistent performance like WG's, and thats with approx 3.3k battles under my belt.  However, tonight in just one battle there were several lag spikes. But these happened right when the other team used radar. It happened 3 times, all when they used radar. I feel like they were using a lag switch, but I'm just not familiar enough with lag switches to know. I have never felt so suspicious of wrong doing like I was with that battle however. My latency is usually around 30-35ms, but would spike to over 600ms briefly. I have 1 gigabit fiber optic internet and my apartment is wired with Cat 6, so I have a wired 1Gbps connection from my PC to Modem. So unless something happened server side, I'm extremely confident that it was not my internet. How can I tell? I watched the replay, but the latency in the top left corner just says -35 the entire time with absolutely no fluctuation whatsoever and I did WGcheck and loaded the replay into it, but I can't figure out what the report means lol. Help me Obi-Wargaming Kenobi, you're my only hope.

Beta Testers
1,310 posts
11,563 battles
11 hours ago, HooplaJones said:

1 gig fiber,  Cisco gear in the house, dudes in Discord all complain at the same time....  could be anything, I sent in a report they requested.

Irrelevant.

Your 1Gb connection is only good to the nearest switch at your ISP. You dont have a point to point connection to WoWs servers.

ISPs over subscribe their lines and this causes congestion on pier networks and where most of the lag is. Think of too many cars entering a busy freeway. Causes all the cars to slow down. 

• Cool 1

Members
1,103 posts
3,223 battles

I'm in Australia and my connection is usually a stable 100-120ms. Last few days though its been 100-300+ every 5 seconds... A ton of factors can be causing that but it is unusual