You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
warheart1992

It has begun; Flamu on CV imbalance.

196 comments in this topic

[XXII]
Banned
862 posts
979 battles

LOL, just ignore him. He had 2 years to do a video on this, why now?

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 40

[IMP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
453 posts
6,257 battles

Grown adult having a mid-life crisis with pixel boats.

• Cool 8
  • Funny 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Boring 4
  • Meh 17

[XXII]
Banned
862 posts
979 battles

Can't bother to watch the whole video, what's it about?

• Haha 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 4

[KWF]
Members
5,809 posts
7,013 battles
2 minutes ago, Lose_dudes said:

I guess not being part of the CC program. Guess he didn't want to badmouth that much.

1 minute ago, Torenico said:

Entertaining nonetheless :Smile_popcorn:. Been a while since there has been some player/clan related drama; might as well watch pixel boats than soap operas.

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLFC]
Members
2,585 posts
11,084 battles

There are some topics I trust Flamu to have an unbiased and thoughtful opinion on.

CVs and anything flying the Soviet flag aren’t on that list.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Cool 8
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 5
  • Meh 1

[WOLFG]
Members
11,814 posts
10,972 battles

Not unexpected, and he's basically saying CVs are like they are because WG wants them to be (Well Duh).

But is Flamu going to say things that he and others haven't already said?

• Boring 4

[SALVO]
Members
3,103 posts
7,088 battles
23 minutes ago, Lose_dudes said:

22 minutes ago, Lose_dudes said:

Can't bother to watch the whole video, what's it about?

Great for you to announce like this that your only intention is to troll. 

• Cool 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 1

[ZR]
Beta Testers
365 posts
9,884 battles

Looking forward to seeing the mental gymnastics CV apologists will go through to say that CVs are actually balanced.

• Cool 16
  • Funny 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Meh 2

[SALVO]
Members
3,103 posts
7,088 battles
32 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Guess it didn't take long for that to happen. Please be polite, no personal attacks etc.

Guess that didn't take long either:

28 minutes ago, Torenico said:

Edited by eviltane
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Members
207 posts
4,549 battles

He's saying CVs have the highest "battle influence" / are overpowered by design simply to keep the numbers up...so the CV rework resources spent aren't in failure...they would rather lessen the game for most of us than admit that they failed... or to actually fix it..

• Cool 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 1

Members
143 posts
34 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Guess it didn't take long for that to happen. Please be polite, no personal attacks etc.

^^^ He's right, you know.

WG will do whatever it takes to bless their precious flat-topped clown cars.

• Cool 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Meh 2

[KWF]
Members
5,809 posts
7,013 battles
4 minutes ago, eviltane said:

Guess that didn't take long either:

I would almost bet you before this thread hits 2 pages (if it hits) that it will be locked.:Smile_hiding:

• Haha 1
  • Boring 1

[SALVO]
Members
4,636 posts
21,362 battles

Ah good, some non restricted truths! Let's see how moronic the CV apologist are with their rebuttals.:cap_popcorn:

• Cool 15
  • Boring 3

[KID0]
Members
158 posts
1 minute ago, SilverPhatShips said:

Ah good, some non restricted truths! Let's see how moronic the CV apologist are with their rebuttals.:cap_popcorn:

There is no rebuttal. The CV fanbois will just screech about how Flamu is a terrible person yadda yadda.

• Cool 12
  • Boring 2

[WAIFU]
Members
892 posts
11,631 battles

I never got the forums when it came to the cv argument. I never got buttmad when people nerf ships i liked that were clearly OP but just even the though of changes or maybe more balance to the one class spins people into rage.

[SALVO]
Members
7,067 posts
5,529 battles

Man, that video is so worth the watch if anything else for the "insider scoop" footage... I'm a bit surprised that material doesn't get covered by NDA

All in all the video keeps a very objective perspective I seriously recommend you watch it guys, it really points the finger in the sore spot of the CV rework, gameplay it is so plain and simple that it turns boring over time. I can thoroughly support that PoV, it is the reason why I don't play CV... it is boring to play and doesn't really bring you any relevant knowledge in relation to the rest of the game, it is a dead end in terms of fun and knowledge.

It makes me sad the same is being done to Subs, the same plain design that will lead to the same desperate antics to attract players in order to play a ship type that will have short player retention over time.

In this one I agree with Flamu, WG has placed themselves in an unsolvable "popularity" paradox, the more they push for artificial popularity, the more unpopular they become.

Edited by ArIskandir
  • Cool 15

[QCN3]
Members
3 posts
1,178 battles

Seeing the WG guys explaining it just makes it more frustrating tbh... I could forgive incompetence but this....

• Cool 3

[WWW]
Members
8 posts
5,047 battles

You know, i really thought that we would make it to atleast 3 posts, before the anti-flamu maffia floods this thread with personal attacks, i guess i underestimated their dedication.

What's also really funny about all of this, is that you hear people all over this forum/reddit/discord say that flamu is a "toxic a-hole", "wargaming did the right thing by removing him from the CC program" and "he is a bad influence on the game", yet everytime you open a thread like this you see people calling him a manchild who is going through a midlife crisis.

Great job you guys, you really proved to me and everyone else that you are clearly the more reasonable side of the debate.

Edited by Fugdanny
  • Cool 5
  • Boring 1

[WKY04]
Members
3,880 posts
24,924 battles

TL/DR:

WG stated at the CC summit that CV population matters over balance. That hasn't changed. 

BATTLE INFLUENCE by WG's own metrics = CVs >> anything else. 

Calling all CV apologists. 

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 1

[RLGN]
Members
15,674 posts
27,410 battles
13 minutes ago, SilverPhatShips said:

I been saying the rework was a waste of time since 0.8.0.

There were too many things that could have been done to lessen the impact of RTS carriers, that weren’t even tried, for me to ever grant WG the least modicum of slack over the CV rework.

At a minimum; getting rid of Strafe and Manual attacks, then adding the Brits, would have helped get the numbers back up.

No more entire air wing getting wiped out by some Strafe king; no more instadeath murder drops, and new carriers to try.

Auto-attacks were not just ‘point and click.’ There was an attack adjustment tab that could be used to vary squadron attack/approach angles, (for cross drops and such.)

• Cool 2

[SALVO]
Members
7,067 posts
5,529 battles
1 minute ago, cotenoni said:

Seeing the WG guys explaining it just makes it more frustrating tbh... I could forgive incompetence but this....

I think it looks worse than it really is, imo the WG guy had some trouble translating his thoughts to english (I know first hand, it happens to me :); basically he was argumenting a portion of the damage delivered by CVs was "useless" damage, done once the battle is decided, since CVs are more apt at farming at that stage of the game. In that point I think he is right, just one more difficulty to balance CVs properly.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,783 posts
4 minutes ago, Fugdanny said:

You know, i really thought that we would make it to atleast 3 posts, before the anti-flamu maffia floods this thread with personal attacks, i guess i underestimated their dedication.

What's also really funny about all of this, is that you hear people all over this forum/reddit/discord say that flamu is a "toxic a-hole", "wargaming did the right thing by removing him from the CC program" and "he is a bad influence on the game", yet everytime you open a thread like this you see people calling him a manchild who is going through a midlife crisis.

Great job you guys, you really proved to me and everyone else that you are clearly the more reasonable side of the debate.

When did internet arguments become reasonable?

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1