Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Captain_Rawhide

WG...can we please get a yes or no of a FREE Deadeye respec?

17 comments in this topic

[WOLFG]
Members
1,062 posts

Title says it all.  I don't care what you do to Deadeye.  I just want to know if there will be a FREE respec following your changes.  We all have captains that haven't been specced at all just waiting to see what you are going to do.  This way we can go ahead and spec our BB captains and play without locking  them into  something we  clearly may not want in the future.  I really don't think it's that much to ask.

Edited by Captain_Rawhide
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[SALVO]
Members
6,944 posts
5,502 battles

patience
noun

1. 1.
    the capacity to accept or tolerate delay, trouble, or suffering without getting angry or upset.
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLFG]
Members
11,782 posts
10,933 battles

I suppose there's a first time for everything (providing information early), but I wouldn't get your hopes up.

[SALVO]
Members
4,631 posts
21,349 battles

This would affect the cash cow BBs of WG the most of course they'll give free respects can you imagine the outcry if not!

• Cool 2

[1CVDV]
Members
245 posts
12,135 battles

oh the tyranny of it all,i must now go make myself another rum and coke,lol...

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[ARGSY]
Members
23,352 posts
17,307 battles
34 minutes ago, Captain_Rawhide said:

Title says it all.  I don't care what you do to Deadeye.  I just want to know if there will be a FREE respec following your changes. 

Your questions in order are:

a) Are they actually going to do anything of significance to Deadeye?

b) What are those changes going to be?

Then and only then would I be asking about respecs.

I'd be surprised if we heard anything until the next patch notes come out, which will be a week from next Tuesday - although the last set of patch notes dropped on the MONDAY before the patch went live, so maybe they have a new schedule.

It should be noted that the only mention we've heard that there will be any change at all is on a Russian stream last week. Yes, it was from the horse's mouth, but since then there has been nothing in print, not even in the devblog. Until there is, I wouldn't trust a single thing anyone has to say about it, especially from the mouths of people who have been screaming since day one for its removal.

Members
539 posts
20 battles

They've said that they will be likely replacing Dead Eye.  They've said they will do a dev blog on captain skills most probably early in 0.10.2, with the change likely to go live in 0.10.3.  They will most definitely tell you whether there will be free respecs before the balance changes go live, and they probably won't actually make a decision on that until they finalise their decision on what changes will be made.

Basically, as @ArIskandir put it so well, have patience.  Why are you in so much of a rush?

Members
574 posts
46 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

patience
noun

1. 1.
    the capacity to accept or tolerate delay, trouble, or suffering without getting angry or upset.

22 minutes ago, Moggytwo said:

, have patience.  Why are you in so much of a rush?

Wait and see ALWAYS ends well in regards to WG making player-friendly decisions. 

Edited by OuijaApologist
  • Funny 1

[KWF]
Members
5,771 posts
7,007 battles

Play some other game or do something else, and eventually they will let us know. From WG's track record with IFHE there should be a free respec again, though WG's definition of significant changes may differ.

There's also the fact that Flamu kinda turned it into sort of a conspiracy theory. As in waiting for free respecs to run out, then when Deadeye changes have people pay to change their skills. So even if WG planned to not do a respec, it kinda turned out into a PR dilemma.

[RLGN]
Members
15,645 posts
27,355 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

It should be noted that the only mention we've heard that there will be any change at all is on a Russian stream last week. Yes, it was from the horse's mouth, but since then there has been nothing in print, not even in the devblog. Until there is, I wouldn't trust a single thing anyone has to say about it, especially from the mouths of people who have been screaming since day one for its removal.

Being a negative Nelly doesn’t help how I feel about the matter; which prompts the thoughts;

If players were too... clueless... to understand how WG’s wonderful idea for the Dead Eye skill should be used; why should the deserve a reset?

Also; they had a chance to reset all last month? If they didn’t use it, how is that WG’s fault?

[NUWES]
Members
3,381 posts
12,237 battles

They will announce something when they are ready with a replacement. Whether then refund will probably depend on the magnitude of the change. If is a minor change like reducing the dispersion a bit they may not refund. My preference is for them to take the whole skill out back and shoot it and it sounds like that is what they are planning to do. If so, they will probably refund points. They aren't going to say anything until they decide on what Deadeye will turn into. 

Members
1,531 posts

I am looking to July before I start assigning any skills to my captains.

The Players will have settled down to work on the best builds possible for each ship and commanders by then.

WG will do what WG does best.

I have patience.

[WOLFG]
Members
32,288 posts
9,988 battles
6 hours ago, Captain_Rawhide said:

Title says it all.  I don't care what you do to Deadeye.  I just want to know if there will be a FREE respec following your changes.  

I think the latter depends on what form the former takes, and what other changes (if any) are bundled in with it.

If they simply reduce the Deadeye bonus, I doubt we'll get a reset.

[DOTM]
Beta Testers
2,026 posts
13,977 battles
6 hours ago, DrHolmes52 said:

I suppose there's a first time for everything (providing information early), but I wouldn't get your hopes up.

I mean, if they do substantially rework Deadeye and don't offer a one time free respec for players to respec their captains, it's going to cause a riot on the forums.

[WOLFG]
Members
32,288 posts
9,988 battles
5 hours ago, OuijaApologist said:

Wait and see ALWAYS ends well in regards to WG making player-friendly decisions. 

It has the same effect as the alternative, and has the added bonus of not ramping up one's BP lol.

[FLTF1]
Members
287 posts
7,841 battles
On 3/4/2021 at 3:14 PM, Captain_Rawhide said:

Title says it all.  I don't care what you do to Deadeye.  I just want to know if there will be a FREE respec following your changes.  We all have captains that haven't been specced at all just waiting to see what you are going to do.  This way we can go ahead and spec our BB captains and play without locking  them into  something we  clearly may not want in the future.  I really don't think it's that much to ask.

Most likely outcome: there will be NO FULL FREE respec. If the deadeye is changed or removed, they will remove it from all captains who have it, and give those captains 4 unused points, to be spent on a new skill or on another skills.

Members
556 posts
27,414 battles
On 3/4/2021 at 12:14 PM, Captain_Rawhide said:

Title says it all.

Possible future WeeGee response:  "No, possibly yes, or perhaps maybe partially."

Reality: WeeGee will only make it free if they think not doing so will significantly decrease their profits.

Sign in to follow this