Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Lord_Argus

Take a Look At This Replay Screenshot and See If You Can Help Me Figure Out Whats Wrong

9 comments in this topic

[SOBA6]
Members
278 posts

I tried posting in the support forum but got no response. My replays load up fine but as you can see from this screenshot there is nothing on my screen except me and the ships. The overlay looks to be turned off and I'm wanting to know how to turn it back on? I can see the ship firing but it doesn't show the damage numbers, the minimap, nothing! I looked around on the internet and someone suggested hitting Control + J or Control + G to turn overlay back on and I tried that and about every other button as well. Is it recording my replays without overlay and is there no way to turn it back on? 

Confused, any help appreciated as I'd like to be able to view a replay once in a while to better myself. 

Blank.jpg

Edited by Lord_Argus
  • Boring 1

Members
5,651 posts
10,984 battles

First - there is no "recording" but it uses the actual game data to replay the game as it was played.  I just tried it and Ctrl-J does turn  the overlay on and off so that is the correct way.

So - I have 2 guesses

1.  Game file issue - in WGC run the file integrity checker

2. Potentially the Steam version of WoWs?

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
4,571 posts
15,079 battles
10 hours ago, Lord_Argus said:

I tried posting in the support forum but got no response. My replays load up fine but as you can see from this screenshot there is nothing on my screen except me and the ships. The overlay looks to be turned off and I'm wanting to know how to turn it back on? I can see the ship firing but it doesn't show the damage numbers, the minimap, nothing! I looked around on the internet and someone suggested hitting Control + J or Control + G to turn overlay back on and I tried that and about every other button as well. Is it recording my replays without overlay and is there no way to turn it back on? 

Confused, any help appreciated as I'd like to be able to view a replay once in a while to better myself. 

Blank.jpg

Usual questions,

Do you run any mods?

If so can you pull ALL of them and reload?

If you don't could you run a WGCheck and submit a ticket with that report attached?

Random but, do you play with multiple monitors? If so, what is the resolution? I am wondering if your resolution is set higher than your monitor, so essentially the UI is outside the outer area of the monitor? The screenshot looks like it might be zoomed in a bit is why I am asking.

-Hapa

[SOBA6]
Members
278 posts

Ok I did a fresh install without the mods and the replay worked fine. I then reinstalled Aslains modpack and played another game but that replay was blank/no overlay just like before. So it's 100% being caused by using the mods. Not a happy ending but at least I know what's causing the issue now. I really enjoy the mods and some make your life easier so I'll just live with it. Thanks Hapa_Fodder

Edited by Lord_Argus

Members
680 posts
220 battles
7 hours ago, Lord_Argus said:

Ok I did a fresh install without the mods and the replay worked fine. I then reinstalled Aslains modpack and played another game but that replay was blank/no overlay just like before. So it's 100% being caused by using the mods. Not a happy ending but at least I know what's causing the issue now. I really enjoy the mods and some make your life easier so I'll just live with it. Thanks Hapa_Fodder

um... just a thought, maybe see if the mods you want are in the wows modpack?  I know it's a weak suggestion...   I like the mods as well.

GL

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
4,571 posts
15,079 battles
7 hours ago, Lord_Argus said:

20 minutes ago, Laser_Beam said:

um... just a thought, maybe see if the mods you want are in the wows modpack?  I know it's a weak suggestion...   I like the mods as well.

GL

^^^^this

But also I would message Aslain or whoever they have for tech issues and just let them know.

Glad it got straightened out.

Mahalo,

-Hapa

• Cool 1

Members
646 posts
3,678 battles

I've had this issue before. Sometimes it would only affect a single replay session, where the UI fails to load. Maybe try renaming the res_mods folder before you load a replay, that way you don't have to remove and reinstall all the mods between play sessions. I'd be interested to hear if that works, good luck

[-HUGS]
Members
100 posts
4,613 battles
On 3/5/2021 at 3:08 AM, Lord_Argus said:

If you don't want to keep uninstalling/reinstalling your mods to watch replays, you could just launch replay files with your WoWS client in safe mode. I saw this on reddit first:  

• Thanks 1

[SOBA6]
Members
278 posts
2 hours ago, Mr_Argamas said:

If you don't want to keep uninstalling/reinstalling your mods to watch replays, you could just launch replay files with your WoWS client in safe mode. I saw this on reddit first:  

Thank you so much for this info! I'll try this in a little bit and hopefully it works for me too. Awesome, ty ty

Sign in to follow this