You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Guderian51

When is the next free captains skills respec going to be?

16 comments in this topic

[MARE]
Members
88 posts

I need to reassign skills for 140+ captains since WG was kind enough to assign unwanted skills to all my captains. When will the next free respec be, and will WG announce it in-game or only put it on the website?

• Funny 1
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 1

[PISD]
Members
1,844 posts
6,112 battles

They only put it on the website, or on the tab on the top of your game screen.

[F4E]
Members
336 posts
6,327 battles

They haven't announced another free re-spec.

They got rid of the free re-spec for clan battles, which was previously the only free re-spec.

They may or may not be completely changing the Deadeye skill for BB's.  This may or may not have a free re-spec associated with it.  There has been no official announcements though.  Best guess is a month or two down the road if it happens.

If they do completely change the deadskill and do not offer a re-spec, it's going to piss of a LOT of people who would have to spend dubs on it.  Since it would disproportionally affect the whales (who have hundred(s) of BB's), I would hope they are smart enough do it, but it is WG..

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,920 posts

who said there would be one?

maybe they will give everyone who had DE 4 pts back...

Members
400 posts
26 battles

There isn't one announced. 

The closest to a clue is from the 0.10.0 patch notes.

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/game-updates/update-0100-commander-skills-update/#commander-skills-update

After the release of the Update, additional balance corrections might be required. In case of significant changes going forward, we will provide additional opportunities to retrain your Commanders for free.

• Thanks 1

[TAC-B]
Beta Testers
200 posts
12,813 battles

As you will recall, they gave free respec for the duration of 10.0 to give folks a chance to test and adjust.  10.0 update release page - commander skills section:

With the release of Update 0.10.0, all your commanders’ skills will automatically be redistributed using a recommendation system—this way, you'll get a skill build that's effective for each specific ship in the new system. You can take advantage of the opportunity to reset Commander skills free of charge in Update 0.10.0. Make sure to try out different combinations and find the ones that suit your playstyle!

Thus, I would imagine it will be quite some time before another general free respec happens - they aren't frequent occurrences, and that free period just ended a few weeks ago. 

However, this note from that same update release, right underneath the above-quoted section - could give you hope, if they make major changes to skills:

After the release of the Update, additional balance corrections might be required. In case of significant changes going forward, we will provide additional opportunities to retrain your Commanders for free.

So, to answer your question, I'd guess your near-term hope for a free shot to respec hinges on whether they tweak Deadeye as some hope, and if so, whether they decide that is a 'significant' enough change to grant universal respec-ing, or maybe just give free changes to captains with Deadeye already trained.

[CO-OP]
Members
2,836 posts
28,435 battles
20 minutes ago, joel9507 said:

As you will recall, they gave free respec for the duration of 10.0 to give folks a chance to test and adjust.  10.0 update release page - commander skills section:

Thus, I would imagine it will be quite some time before another general free respec happens - they aren't frequent occurrences, and that free period just ended a few weeks ago. 

However, this note from that same update release, right underneath the above-quoted section - could give you hope, if they make major changes to skills:

So, to answer your question, I'd guess your near-term hope for a free shot to respec hinges on whether they tweak Deadeye as some hope, and if so, whether they decide that is a 'significant' enough change to grant universal respec-ing, or maybe just give free changes to captains with Deadeye already trained.

^^This.  During the CV rework, WG did similar things each time there was a major change.  

[REVY]
Members
2,636 posts
14,455 battles

They also provided a link at the very beginning of 0.10.0 where you could reset every captain at one go.

It was only the one time, and only available for a week or so.

Pretty sure there was several postings here in the forum in regards to it. 

Depending on how the Dead Eye change goes, they might have another period of free respec.....but do not count on it.

Edited by Lord_Slayer
  • Haha 1

[WOLFG]
Members
11,805 posts
10,952 battles
3 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

^^This.  During the CV rework, WG did similar things each time there was a major change.  

Past performance is not indicative of future results.

Members
7,361 posts
17,407 battles

WG doesn't just give out free respecs anymore like they used to. Different people in charge of the economy and they've been clawing it back one item at a time. 

[NUWES]
Members
3,381 posts
12,280 battles

They haven't announced a free respec. That being said, the devs have said that Deadeye will be completely redone and it wouldn't surprise me if a couple of other skills are reworked as well. I think it is likely they will have to give another one or at least refund the Deadeye points, but they haven't announced anything. 

[WOLFG]
Members
1,066 posts

Don't hold your breath.  When it comes to WG, I expect to take it in the shorts.   Now I'm sitting waiting for them to decide what to do with Deadeye because I know they could add a 'downside' to it that would make it not worth having or worse, put you at a huge disadvantage.  Thanks again WG.  

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,906 posts
14,882 battles

We just had a free reset for the first month of the captain's skill rework and there was a link on the website to reset all ships. I would not expect another for quite some time.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,920 posts
2 hours ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Past performance is not indicative of future results.

kind of ironic based on the OP :)