Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Soshi_Sone

German CVs have Deflector Shields

11 comments in this topic

[DOTM]
Beta Testers
2,028 posts
14,004 battles

The torpedoes hit their maximum range just before reaching the CV. What about it? Anyone who has played ships with torpedoes has had frustrations like this with torpedoes sputtering out seconds from hitting a target.

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
987 posts
7,966 battles
4 hours ago, Zaydin said:

The torpedoes hit their maximum range just before reaching the CV. What about it? Anyone who has played ships with torpedoes has had frustrations like this with torpedoes sputtering out seconds from hitting a target.

I think she knows that mate lol

Members
523 posts
17,363 battles

Aww, I thought you were going to post my game earlier this week where a Seattle bounced 5 full salvos of AP off my Zeppelin while I gunned them down.

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
6,342 posts
19,353 battles
1 hour ago, LastRemnant said:

What's wrong @Soshi_Sone losing your touch when hunting CVs :Smile_popcorn:

Naw....I died first on our team in that match...an aggressive Biz with a misplayed egress.  But it was a blast while it lasted.  And I'm sure our DD that took the first cap was happy to have a bruiser blow in with hydro to detect torps and assist in a DD take down, sink one cruiser, force another cruiser and DD to turn away and put some flanking fire on the reds at the mid cap.  I blew my egress cover (over extended broadside past cover terrain) and the mid cap Izumo let me know.   It was fun upsetting the apple cart.  The team took advantage of the mayhem to establish a winning position and pursued to the end.

I stayed around and watched...to include following those torps in.    

Edited by Soshi_Sone
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Members
213 posts
9,829 battles

It was the 8 Montana-launched 16" super-heavy AP that *bounced* off the Midway's flight deck that got my goat. Granted, max range and all, but... 16" BOUNCING off a carrier deck? Seriously? 'Super-heavy armor piercing", my foot...

(their Midway wasn't moving at start of match, figured I'd start by giving him a black eye for being lazy. Lofted the spotter plane for the range, took the shot... 8 bounces. Instead, I think I gave everyone stitches from splitting their sides laughing.)

[PVE]
Members
7,867 posts
23,833 battles
1 hour ago, Soshi_Sone said:

...to include following those torps in.    

Wait..wut? How did you do that?

I used to be able to do that all the time...but it's been a very long time (maybe as long as the CV rework...but don't remember exactly) since I've been able to do that.

After I die I can't even follow my own shells/or torps.

Is that a mod or has my system been bugged all this time? Actually I know it wasn't just my system at 1st...there was a bunch of threads about it when it 1st started happening asking why the change.

Did they change it back at some point to where you can follow ordinance after you die again & I just missed the switch back?

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
6,342 posts
19,353 battles
1 hour ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Wait..wut? How did you do that?

Try Z while shells or torps are on their way.  Works on your ship...or on any ship you're following (after you die).  Does not work on replay. Well, if you use during real time play, the replay will save it...which is what I did.

Edited by Soshi_Sone

[SALVO]
Members
6,969 posts
5,510 battles

clearly a Mk 14 torpedo with defective contact exploder

[PVE]
Members
7,867 posts
23,833 battles
2 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Try Z while shells or torps are on their way.  Works on your ship...or on any ship you're following (after you die).  Does not work on replay. Well, if you use during real time play, the replay will save it...which is what I did.

Used to be able to (after you died for following others ordinance) toggle the 1 or 2 key to follow shells & the 3 key to follow torps.

Know the Z key works in battle while alive for following your shells/torps...never thought to try it on others after I died.

Thanx...have to try that out next time I play.

Sign in to follow this