You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
GambitHG

Early Vittorio Veneto not worth the cost?

19 comments in this topic

Members
409 posts
11,809 battles

I was just doing some number crunching about the tokens required for the different Italian BB bundles and I stopped for a second at the Vittorio and stared at the 12000 token cost. Then I just happened to glance below it and saw that you can sell 200 tokens for 450,000 credits. I did the math and realized that would make the VV worth 27 Million credits in tokens. The average cost of a Tier 8 BB is around $11 million credits, so I'm wondering if, after getting the VV camo for 4000 tokens, I should just hold on to the rest of them and cash them in to purchase the VV when it joins the tech tree and I've ground out the remaining required XP in the Caracciolo. Am I missing something?

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,757 posts
1 minute ago, Farm_Fresh_Eggs said:

Isnt that just the camo?  

No.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,757 posts
17 minutes ago, GambitHG said:

I was just doing some number crunching about the tokens required for the different Italian BB bundles and I stopped for a second at the Vittorio and stared at the 12000 token cost. Then I just happened to glance below it and saw that you can sell 200 tokens for 450,000 credits. I did the math and realized that would make the VV worth 27 Million credits in tokens. The average cost of a Tier 8 BB is around $11 million credits, so I'm wondering if, after getting the VV camo for 4000 tokens, I should just hold on to the rest of them and cash them in to purchase the VV when it joins the tech tree and I've ground out the remaining required XP in the Caracciolo. Am I missing something?

You are not going to get the tokens for the T8 unless you spend real money.  Remember that you need to buy the bundles in order, you can't skip any.

The reason people purchase early access ships is both for the early access and so they don't have to grind them out (and they come fully researched).  If you are fine with doing the normal grind, then there is no reason to pay real money to purchase them.

• Cool 3

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,432 posts
17,281 battles
20 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

You are not going to get the tokens for the T8 unless you spend real money.  Remember that you need to buy the bundles in order, you can't skip any.

The reason people purchase early access ships is both for the early access and so they don't have to grind them out (and they come fully researched).  If you are fine with doing the normal grind, then there is no reason to pay real money to purchase them.

:Smile_great:This

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,265 posts
12,210 battles

Why would you pay you can get three Italian BBs with out even trying for tokens doing free missions . Then when the rest of the BBS come out your a head of the grind you can start at tier 7 or if your good even 8 . Why pay money if you going to pay money why not use it to free XP the tier 9 and 10 if you cant wait .

Edited by clammboy

[T_O_P]
Members
542 posts

I have heard "someone" on the Internets mention (won't say wo, just in case) that there would be more missions for more tokens in 10.2 ( I really hope so ). AFAIK there is no info on that anywhere ...yet? and 10.2 is arriving already pretty soon.

IF NOT, that means those Legion camos are horrendously expensive! when you crunch some numbers on how many crates you would need to buy (hint: conversion comes out to 100 tokens/$1). Would anyone really buy those (especially considering you must buy in sequence)? Would be a real shame if too few sold because imo they are pretty damn cool looking.

Edited by Hammer_n_Sickle

[DOTM]
Beta Testers
2,026 posts
13,996 battles
41 minutes ago, Hammer_n_Sickle said:

I have heard "someone" on the Internets mention (won't say wo, just in case) that there would be more missions for more tokens in 10.2 ( I really hope so ). AFAIK there is no info on that anywhere ...yet? and 10.2 is arriving already pretty soon.

IF NOT, that means those Legion camos are horrendously expensive! when you crunch some numbers on how many crates you would need to buy (hint: conversion comes out to 100 tokens/$1). Would anyone really buy those (especially considering you must buy in sequence)? Would be a real shame if too few sold because imo they are pretty damn cool looking.

Highly unlikely, given that WG hasn't done that in the past so far as I can recall. That is extra token missions in the patch following an early access period.

• Boring 1

[ALLY]
Members
371 posts
20,470 battles

To all:

If I am not mistaken, if you complete all the missions you get the T7  RM BB.  My plan is to cash in the tokens for the silver so that I can purchase the Petro that I have been grinding and grind for the T8, T9 and T10 RM BBs.  I still need a few Research points to get Ohio and I will need more silver to fully equip it.  So I will pass on the bundles.

C130 signing out

[ARGSY]
Members
23,378 posts
17,307 battles
8 hours ago, GambitHG said:

you can sell 200 tokens for 450,000 credits.

Sorry, no, you got it wrong; it's the other way around. You can BUY 450K credits with 200 tokens.

If you could buy tokens with credits, most of us would already have everything and there would be no need to play this event. And yeah, if you could buy tokens with credits, you sure as hell should get everything.

Alas, my friend, it is not so. And no, it's not worth paying that much money for a T8 ship. It might be worth buying one token bundle if that's enough to kick you over the line to get the Veneto camo, because you'd effectively be getting a T8 permacamo for half price, but that's about all.

[WOLFG]
Members
32,288 posts
9,989 battles
29 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

9 hours ago, GambitHG said:

...you can sell 200 tokens for 450,000 credits. 

30 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

You can BUY 450K credits with 200 tokens.

Have you had your coffee yet Ensign? In both cases, you start with 200 tokens, and end up with 450k credits....:Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1

[TIAR]
[TIAR]
Beta Testers
1,538 posts
22,303 battles
4 hours ago, Hammer_n_Sickle said:

Based on previous early access they should be different tokens. Those you have unused from 10.1 will convert to credits or you can use them for flags or camos

[ARGSY]
Members
23,378 posts
17,307 battles
2 hours ago, Skpstr said:

Have you had your coffee yet Ensign?

Not nearly enough, it seems. But there is one thing I hold to be true, and that is that with the POSSIBLE exception of buying out the T9 if it's in the first bundle, there is no sense in throwing dubs at sequential unlocks for tech tree ships... unless, as in the British heavy cruiser event, they come with a permacamo that's worth at least as many doubloons as you're paying for the unlock.

Even then, it's not worth going fishing for them.

:fish_palm:

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[DMGS]
Members
122 posts
6,589 battles

You get more than 11 million credit value out of this. You also get researched modules and no mounting cost for them.

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
[WOLF9]
Members
233 posts
12,255 battles
11 hours ago, GambitHG said:

12000 gold is worth about $50 US
$100 US can buy 62,500,000 credits in 'Shipload of Credits'
$34 US can buy 15,000,000 credits in 'Small Credit Stock'

If you want Credits, there are much more efficient ways to get them.

Abbye

[RBMK]
Members
2,203 posts
34,938 battles
11 hours ago, GambitHG said:

If you have the opportunity to get VV without spending $1, without a doubt take it. Credits are so easy to get provided you don't regularly crap the bed in battle.

VV will be fully researched, did you plug that into your calculation? That's another 6-8 million credits.

Plus, playing a fully researched VV at T8 with any high tier Italian commander for a month, as early access are premium ships for that period, should yield more than enough XP to research Lepanto.

So, in short, 27 million credits  ORRRR way easier path to T9 Lepanto for about the same amount of credits overall after buying and upgrading VV.

Members
409 posts
11,809 battles

Thanks for all the replies. For me, the grind is a part of the journey so I'm fine with just getting purchasing a stock VV and grinding out the modules. I forgot that those upgraded modules usually add another 5-7 million credits to the cost of the ship, and it comes with a 10 point captain, so maybe it's not too far off.

[SLEEP]
[SLEEP]
Members
3 posts

I am writing this after the Italian bbs became available for everybody. Fir the VV just grind. The money isn't worth it. 

[ARGSY]
Members
23,378 posts
17,307 battles
19 minutes ago, Philit2021 said:

I am writing this after the Italian bbs became available for everybody. Fir the VV just grind. The money isn't worth it. 

Yeah. Between when Francesco dropped (for completion of the directives) and when Veneto was released, there was more than enough time to grind through Francesco comfortably to get the Veneto the day the line unlocked.