You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
flackbait_steel

April Fool Suggestion

16 comments in this topic

Members
31 posts
21,498 battles

I am sure that WG's event and art department is already cooking up something fun, but in a bit of nostalgia I was lamenting some older map configurations. 

What if for April Fools day (or week) all of the maps were reverted to their ORIGIONAL configurations? Chaos and hilarity would ensue! And it would be new and refreshing play on tired maps. New players would be astonished at some of the differences and old players could reminisce. 

• Cool 3

[SWOLF]
Beta Testers
807 posts
8,555 battles

I would REALLY love to see the original islands of ice come back for a little while... that map was fun back in closed beta

[PISD]
Members
1,845 posts
6,124 battles

I like the clan brawl of last season, with really weird starting position and map. Epicenter Ocean is still a dear memory of mine.

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
15,665 posts
27,399 battles
1 hour ago, GX9900A said:

I would REALLY love to see the original islands of ice come back for a little while... that map was fun back in closed beta

The old, old one? (Which I don’t think I ever actually played on.) The old one with all the islands across the SE 1/3 of the map? (I think the one that had two islands in the WNW where iChase used to hide in his CVs.) Or the old one the two huge islands in the North Center, and the mostly open South?

[MUG-T]
Members
367 posts
3,840 battles
45 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

The old, old one? (Which I don’t think I ever actually played on.) The old one with all the islands across the SE 1/3 of the map? (I think the one that had two islands in the WNW where iChase used to hide in his CVs.) Or the old one the two huge islands in the North Center, and the mostly open South?

Yes

[K-POP]
Members
3,070 posts
24,599 battles
5 hours ago, flackbait_steel said:

I am sure that WG's event and art department is already cooking up something fun, but in a bit of nostalgia I was lamenting some older map configurations. 

What if for April Fools day (or week) all of the maps were reverted to their ORIGIONAL configurations? Chaos and hilarity would ensue! And it would be new and refreshing play on tired maps. New players would be astonished at some of the differences and old players could reminisce. 

How about a Russian CV line for April fools  ,  OH wait  they already did that with just about every other line in the Russian tech tree nation. 

• Boring 2

[TFK]
[TFK]
Alpha Tester
1,729 posts
21,163 battles
9 hours ago, GX9900A said:

For me I would like to see the original New Dawn Map. I would love to hear the new players scream over the turning lanes on that map.

4 hours ago, Gaelic_knight said:

more likely they will april fool us saying new senarios

Compared to the key battles that they are always preparing? I find it ironic historical scenario battles are not supported and yet the sci-fictional battles are support.  Its like as if WG is testing a new product line for outside WoWS. Maybe that's their future?

8 hours ago, Karstodes said:

Epicenter Ocean is still a dear memory of mine.

That would be so brutal and yet fun to play. There would be no hiding. Talk about being in a Gladiator like arena. You know what you will be getting into then.

I heard a rumor that the WoWS Match Maker for new players was going to be raised from 400 matches to 5,000 matches. <joke>  :Smile_veryhappy:

Edited by Tpaktop2_1

[PISD]
Members
1,845 posts
6,124 battles
1 hour ago, Tpaktop2_1 said:

That would be so brutal and yet fun to play. There would be no hiding. Talk about being in a Gladiator like arena. You know what you will be getting into then.

It was a thing last year.

that and having the red bb start in the middle of your team. 

[IJAG]
Members
256 posts
17,440 battles

We need the bathtub mode back. I didn't get the chance to play it back then.

• Cool 2

[SWOLF]
Beta Testers
807 posts
8,555 battles
14 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

yeah, that one, the one from the original trailers of the game with ice falling down into the map. i understand when they switched to the whole everything needs to be symmetrical it had to go, but it was fun having three very distinct lames with different playstyles in each. one of my most memorable matches ever was there, i was in a t9 match, and our side had the t2 Japanese destroyer, and there side had a houshou. that little t2 got a kraken, and the houshou ended up in the top third by score. it was hilarious.

[RLGN]
Members
15,665 posts
27,399 battles
1 hour ago, GX9900A said:

yeah, that one, the one from the original trailers of the game with ice falling down into the map. i understand when they switched to the whole everything needs to be symmetrical it had to go, but it was fun having three very distinct lames with different playstyles in each. one of my most memorable matches ever was there, i was in a t9 match, and our side had the t2 Japanese destroyer, and there side had a houshou. that little t2 got a kraken, and the houshou ended up in the top third by score. it was hilarious.

Yeah, Umikaze was a fail div riot back before radar and hydro, because its detection was so low, and it practically spat out a constant stream of torpedoes. 30 second reload, iirc?

[MR-1]
Members
1,806 posts
22,318 battles
12 hours ago, USAPatriotGamer said:

We need the bathtub mode back. I didn't get the chance to play it back then.

you planning to bring your little ducky  lol

[IJAG]
Members
256 posts
17,440 battles
1 hour ago, Gaelic_knight said:

you planning to bring your little ducky  lol

Do you mean unleashing the quacken?

• Haha 1

[SPTR]
Members
27,320 posts
17,575 battles

Give the planes on CVs and catapult planes. Bollywood style take off animation.