You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Lord_Argus

Private Stats Really Tick Off The Elitists

133 comments in this topic

[SOBA6]
Members
288 posts

Yeah a complete meltdown today by a guy in Ranked cause he couldn't handle me and the other fella that had private stats. I couldn't help but laugh at his complaints that anyone with private stats are just 40% win rate players trying to hide themselves. Well laughing in chat just made him even more irritated and he continued to ramble on even after he was dead. I have to say it was pure entertainment but pretty disruptive for chat to be honest. 
If your looking at peoples stats and blaming Wargaming for bad matchmaking and giving up before the match is even played then that is a sad situation. I'm glad I play for fun and don't shave years off my lifespan by stressing over a video game :P

• Cool 26
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 6
  • Meh 7

[GOB]
Members
2,709 posts
13 hours ago, Lord_Argus said:

Yeah a complete meltdown today by a guy in Ranked cause he couldn't handle me and the other fella that had private stats. I couldn't help but laugh at his complaints that anyone with private stats are just 40% win rate players trying to hide themselves. Well laughing in chat just made him even more irritated and he continued to ramble on even after he was dead. I have to say it was pure entertainment but pretty disruptive for chat to be honest. 
If your looking at peoples stats and blaming Wargaming for bad matchmaking and giving up before the match is even played then that is a sad situation. I'm glad I play for fun and don't shave years off my lifespan by stressing over a video game :P

I don't think it is Elite players that mind.  It's the weak players who need someone to blame their losses on or that ever present tiny person that spends more time in stat screens and chat than actually fighting for the team.

Happens all the time..  

Then you top the board after they died in supreme potato fashion.

Stats are a strange bird anyway. Don't care how you use  them they have far too many variables to be accurate.

Is a 50% WR Clubber at T-5 better than a T-10  50%??

Just one of COUNTLESS examples.

Edited by Col_Nasty
  • Cool 3
  • Meh 1

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,278 posts
12,247 battles

That's a +1 and I don't even hid my shi## stats it is what it is . I don't play until all my real business is done and I do the best I can . I hate losing just as much as the next guy and it makes me crazy to lose a lot .  I am trying to have as much fun as I can and still contribute while working full time  .

Edited by clammboy
  • Cool 5

[GRETA]
Members
1,384 posts
10,635 battles

Pro tip - you can hide stats all you want but poor play is far more obvious anyway.

• Cool 13
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 2

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
29,906 posts
25,782 battles
26 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

I don't think it is Elite players that mind.  It's the weak players who need someone to blame their losses on or that every present tiny person that spends more time in stat screens and chat than actually fighting for the team.

This is quite true.  I know, because I did this when I was a Potato.

[O2]
Members
457 posts
10,034 battles

To some people privacy is suspicious. To others it's freedom.

• Cool 4

[GOB]
Members
2,709 posts
33 minutes ago, HallaSnackbar said:

Pro tip - you can hide stats all you want but poor play is far more obvious anyway.

Like I said,, you can top the board and they STILL will talk trash because you don't have public stats.

It's a mental condition.

( Since day one I made mine private. My buddy who brought me here told me real players don't dwell on them and there is a group that it makes INSANE. That is what the OP is talking about. Irrational anger and fury over a games stats.)

• Meh 1

[WORX]
Members
12,666 posts
19,915 battles
1 hour ago, Lord_Argus said:

IMO, people who hide their stats... Give permission to others to judge them as they see fit by in game performance...

If you think WOWS stats standards are bad... Other players standards are a lot worse, I would say they're down right brutal...

Its not pissing off anyone, more as whatever you done in game... Was not up to par for him...

That is the risk of hiding your stats... You either are crucified or the other extreme, glorified...

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[WORX]
Members
12,666 posts
19,915 battles
1 minute ago, hexeris said:

87.65% of stats are made up.....

The interpretation yes... The numbers/data, I disagree...

[TIMT]
Members
1,414 posts
4,969 battles
8 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

The interpretation yes... The numbers/data, I disagree...

Statistics show, 27.3% of people didn't get the joke.

1 hour ago, Col_Nasty said:

I don't think it is Elite players that mind.  It's the weak players who need someone to blame their losses on or that every present tiny person that spends more time in stat screens and chat than actually fighting for the team.

Oh I have been there, guilty as charged. Actually putting effort into my game and accepting responsibility for my part changed that. So I agree with the above statement.

• Funny 2
  • Haha 2

[GOB]
Members
2,709 posts
11 minutes ago, hexeris said:

87.65% of stats are made up.....

I have it from a strong source that it is actually 87.68%  :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[WORX]
Members
12,666 posts
19,915 battles
1 minute ago, shinytrashcan said:

Statistics show, 27.3% of people didn't get the joke.

Count me as one of them :Smile_izmena: That way it can make the interpretation of the statistics true. :Smile_veryhappy:

• Cool 1

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,812 posts
21 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

IMO, people who hide their stats... Give permission to others to judge them as they see fit by in game performance...

If you think WOWS stats standards are bad... Other players standards are a lot worse, I would say they're down right brutal...

Its not pissing off anyone, more as whatever you done in game... Was not up to par for him...

That is the risk of hiding your stats... You either are crucified or the other extreme, glorified...

I don't care.

Also, you don't need my permission to judge me.  I probably don't care what that judgement is though.

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
12,666 posts
19,915 battles
1 minute ago, Burnsy said:

I don't care.

Also, you don't need my permission to judge me.  I probably don't care what that judgement is though.

Neither do I...

I use stats for morbid fun... Not to judge.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,812 posts
1 minute ago, Navalpride33 said:

Neither do I...

I use stats for morbid fun... Not to judge.

That's the exact opposite of what you said about 20 minutes ago.  Alrighty though.

[WORX]
Members
12,666 posts
19,915 battles
1 minute ago, Burnsy said:

That's the exact opposite of what you said about 20 minutes ago.  Alrighty though.

What you posted doesn't mean what I do.. Its what people will do when WOWS stats is private...

That is what the OP experienced... The judgement by someone else using his criteria in absent of WOWS stats.. 

As for me, I rarely look up peoples stats... I think for the week I only looked up one person stats...

Recently, I looked up population stats... As always, nothing new or morbid to pursue its boring conclusion..

• Cool 1

[ARS]
Beta Testers
5,821 posts
6,038 battles

I neither hide my stats, nor worry about other's stats.

To each their own.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[SGSS]
Members
5,810 posts
2 hours ago, Lord_Argus said:

Its amazing how much time people take looking up stats.  Or have the mod that tells you if you are going to lose before you begin

[TIMT]
Members
1,414 posts
4,969 battles
8 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

Its amazing how much time people take looking up stats.  Or have the mod that tells you if you are going to lose before you begin 

To be fair it can be quite interesting sometimes. I picked up the habit to check on people who rant at me or try to give me advice: If they have decent enough stats to back up their claims, then I'll try to learn and work on what they complain about. If not, well...

It is just not very good to do ahead of a match, gets you in the wrong mindset. And stat shaming people just for being bad should not be a thing. Being bad and ranting in chat, that is another story.

[NMKJT]
Members
3,071 posts
8,316 battles
2 hours ago, Lord_Argus said:

I hide my stats in most normal games, but usually not in ranked. With just 7 people you don't want teammates to lose their morale thinking you're some permabad who will throw the game, and then throw the game themselves preemptively.

In randoms? Uh, I don't care if they think I'm that. I just want to play and have fun and not be focused by sweaty people who think if they kill me they win. Usually other players around my level and higher know anyway, because as other people said in this thread, your play will give you away a lot of the time. But it cuts down the unthinking focus from people who may be using a stat API/mod/etc. You don't have to be a purple for it to happen, you just have to be the best/one of the best players on your team.

But it kinda works for me because I'm in a relatively minor clan. If you're in a more famous good clan, hiding your stats won't save you since the clan tag remains viewable lol.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,924 posts

i just want to disrupt wr calculation in mmm nothing more... they will deny it, but not knowing bugs em...  

[D4RK]
[D4RK]
Members
42 posts

As a operation player  mostly  i will check  achievements  mostly after a game  if the player played poorly if they have no sea stars or very little of them i know that they are new and offer advice if needed next  time i play with them.

and also if some one complains to much  i will check to see if they know what there talking about about 75% of the time they do not .They just want to hurt peoples feelings or are on a ego trip neither one is a good thing in my book.

My stats are what they are  pretty poor Randoms  avg coops outstanding operations  to me they are personal goals and want to do better and that is a gauge i use to see my progress  i don't care what people think of them or how they view me.

i try my best every game and let the  chips {stats} fall where they are and hope for better results as i play this game.

i feel bad for people who care about them to me it is a waste of time caring about others play and not there own.

[--K--]
[--K--]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,651 posts

Players who think that they have a target over themselves just for stat hiding probably are doing regular poor play, with the stats being hidden just being confirmation on the quality of the player.  I hide my stats because I'm solid purple in alot of ships I really like to play, and less-than-impressive players will focus me simply for that and it makes for a tedious experience.

Players who are "elites/elitist" assume they have to make the play anyway, the only thing they expect/hope for is their team to not crumble so fast they can't make the impact to win.  

I also just want to point out that I too, play for fun.  Playing for fun =/= Playing poorly.  If your ego is so fragile that you simply say you play for fun to protect the fact you aren't willing to attempt to be competent, then I'm not sure what you expect in a competitive PVP setting, this isn't a PVE or single player game.  I'm pretty sure this comment will hit too close to home for plenty in this playerbase, and I simply don't care if it offends if you know deep down inside you're one of those players.

• Cool 9