Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Cuesta_Rey

Back after 2 month hiatus

10 comments in this topic

Members
1,264 posts
8,084 battles

Back after a 2 month hiatus and it seems I missed a lot. Feels like the whole game graphics are different than it was before. I know I need to reassign captain skills but man, the combat just feels so much different than before. Seems more "arcade" in looks and feel now more than ever. Any hints or tips?

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
12,638 posts
19,907 battles
2 minutes ago, Cuesta_Rey said:

Any hints or tips?

For taking a extended vacation again ???Sure, Netflex... Never let me down... Pelé is one of those Documentary series that is a good watch.

• Cool 1

[K-POP]
Members
3,067 posts
24,584 battles
4 minutes ago, Cuesta_Rey said:

Back after a 2 month hiatus and it seems I missed a lot. Feels like the whole game graphics are different than it was before. I know I need to reassign captain skills but man, the combat just feels so much different than before. Seems more "arcade" in looks and feel now more than ever. Any hints or tips?

You just come back in time for DEADEYE, have fun  :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

Members
1,178 posts
1,685 battles
1 hour ago, Cuesta_Rey said:

I know I need to reassign captain skills but man, the combat just feels so much different than before.

Yeeeesh. The Skills patch was pretty hard on hiatus-players. If you don't already have a lot of doubloons, expect to lose a lot of doubloons & Commander XP reassigning(free re-specs are well over by now). Of course the gameplay is different, people are still experimenting with their shiny new skills. So is Wargaming; expect more skill patches in the future.

List of other stuff going on:

• Regia Marina battleships went live
  • Ranked Sprint is on
  • Operation Aegis is on
  • another Warhammer 40000 collab

As for tips, play all the cruisers you have since cruisers were the most negatively impacted by the skill rework(supposedly). 

• Cool 1

[-BCO-]
Members
1,832 posts
3,369 battles
8 hours ago, Cuesta_Rey said:

Feels like the whole game graphics are different than it was before. I know I need to reassign captain skills but man, the combat just feels so much different than before. Seems more "arcade" in looks and feel now more than ever. 

Yep. That's the direction in which apparently they want to move the game. And I agree your assertion on the looks. Everything is less and less...'dramatic" and more cartoonish.

I played only some Ranked, no randoms and mostly ops.

Edited by Bandi73

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,663 posts
25,144 battles
9 hours ago, Cuesta_Rey said:

I would hold off on redoing all your captains right now Cuesta. Just redo one or two captains and use those. Wargaming will be adjusting skills soon and will either offer a free captain respec or missions for doubloons to redo captains. I am guessing they will go the free route so use it to zero out everyone and then take your time learning the new skill system. 

Edited by Taylor3006
  • Cool 1

Members
1,264 posts
8,084 battles
7 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

I would hold off on redoing all your captains right now Cuesta. Just redo one or two captains and use those. Wargaming will be adjusting skills soon and will either offer a free captain respec or missions for doubloons to redo captains. I am guessing they will go the free route so use it to zero out everyone and then take your time learning the new skill system. 

That's very good logic. Thanks for your insight Taylor. Any idea when that adjustment might take place. Next patch or down the road another patch or two?

[WORX]
Members
12,638 posts
19,907 battles
5 minutes ago, Cuesta_Rey said:

That's very good logic. Thanks for your insight Taylor. Any idea when that adjustment might take place. Next patch or down the road another patch or two?

I suggest expanding on Taylor's suggestion until 0.10.7.

Mainly dont do anything major... Just  capt. respect the few capts you play with... The waters are going to be turbulent for about 6 months..

I predict calm seas after that (at least calm from the cpt rework).

The old system is nearly identical as the new ones.. Few places the nerf was globally...

• Light cruisers...
  • Secondaries for BBs...

Other then that... No change IMO...

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,663 posts
25,144 battles
3 hours ago, Cuesta_Rey said:

No worries, just hate to see anyone spend tons of resources on something that will probably be free fairly shortly. As far as when the changes are coming, only Wargaming knows but would expect it fairly soon. There seems to be a large group of people who think "Dead Eye" has hurt the game and Wargaming has said they are going to adjust it so I am thinking in the next patch. Course that is just a guess, anything is possible. 

Sign in to follow this