You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
murder_0ne

FIFTY ONE PLANES. This is getting out of hand.

90 comments in this topic

[F4E]
Members
339 posts
6,809 battles

Why is it that CVs always *always* pick on me? Ranked or Random, it doesn't matter. BBs, CLs or DDs, it doesn't matter. Somehow they always *always* decide they need to focus on me for the entire game start to finish. Replay attached. What should I have done differently to avoid being focused by the enemy CV player?

20210303_181919_PBSC109-Neptune_51_Greece.wowsreplay

shot-21.03.03_18.36.42-0733.jpg

shot-21.03.03_18.36.50-0966.jpg

shot-21.03.03_18.36.58-0046.jpg

• Cool 3
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 5

[THICC]
Beta Testers
1,033 posts
7,119 battles

You seem to have survived and won.  How many of the planes were fighters?  Also, your opponent was a Kaga whose specialty is larger numbers of weaker planes, so this shouldn't be terribly surprising.  You are arguably the ship with the strongest AA on your team, so in many ways it is a good thing you were 'focused'.

• Thanks 2
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[Y0L0W]
Members
377 posts
9,105 battles
2 minutes ago, LuckyStarFan said:

You seem to have survived and won.  How many of the planes were fighters?  Also, your opponent was a Kaga whose specialty is larger numbers of weaker planes, so this shouldn't be terribly surprising.  You are arguably the ship with the strongest AA on your team, so in many ways it is a good thing you were 'focused'.

it shows how many were fighters, look at the third screenshot

[P_O_R]
Beta Testers
132 posts
6,328 battles

so you did 135K damage, killed 2 ships, shot sown 51 planes, survived and won, and yet [edited] about the results.  Be happy with your game and move on.

• Cool 15
  • Meh 3

Banned
1,424 posts
6,083 battles

Must be fun to get focused the entire game. You were lucky that Kaga isn't a good player. Had it been a good player on the other side, you wouldn't have survived the match.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,906 posts
14,882 battles
14 minutes ago, Lord_Smily said:

so you did 135K damage, killed 2 ships, shot sown 51 planes, survived and won, and yet [edited] about the results.  Be happy with your game and move on.

This, and you forgot that he topped the team in that win. If I am shooting down planes like he was I say come at me baby.

• Cool 2
  • Meh 1

Members
2,394 posts
52 battles
46 minutes ago, murder_0ne said:

Why is it that CVs always *always* pick on me?

If you draw focus you're likely either an important or a convenient target. Maybe you're even both. Thus to avoid CV focus you must inevitably become useless to your team.

• Cool 7
  • Haha 3
  • Meh 1

Members
1,022 posts
3,050 battles

51 planes is not that impressive. My North Carolina has smoked 100+ a few times when both cvs thought I'd be a easy target..

Members
5,659 posts
10,994 battles

Shows AA does work - the AA on the Neptune and Minotaur are good and better they bug you than a DD.  And you won, got 51 shot down,  and 135K damage...  I would not even remotely complain.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,906 posts
14,882 battles
20 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

If you draw focus you're likely either an important or a convenient target. Maybe you're even both. Thus to avoid CV focus you must inevitably become useless to your team.

I think he became an important and convenient target just from the number of cap defenses.

Members
2,394 posts
52 battles
23 minutes ago, CylonRed said:

Shows AA does work - the AA on the Neptune and Minotaur are good and better they bug you than a DD.  And you won, got 51 shot down,  and 135K damage...  I would not even remotely complain.

Funnily enough no it doesn't. It actually demonstrates the futility of it all. The 43 strike planes he shot down ironically only represent about 1/3rd of the strike reserves a Kaga can field in that time. For a typical meta CV such as Shokaku or Lexington it would be less than half.

Thus even if AA does kill planes, it doesn't do so in sufficient quantity even if the enemy CV is being careless with reserves.

Edited by El2aZeR
  • Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[WOLF7]
Members
876 posts
1 hour ago, murder_0ne said:

Why is it that CVs always *always* pick on me? Ranked or Random, it doesn't matter. BBs, CLs or DDs, it doesn't matter. Somehow they always *always* decide they need to focus on me for the entire game start to finish. Replay attached. What should I have done differently to avoid being focused by the enemy CV player?

You shot down 51 enemy planes, you weren't sunk, and your team won the match. I fail to see exactly what the problem is here. What more could any reasonable person possibly hope for from one match?

[CRUEL]
Members
529 posts
9,410 battles
1 hour ago, SirPent13 said:

it shows how many were fighters, look at the third screenshot

That's always the thing they say. Bet it was all fighters lol. I got 90 in my Tallinn one time and all I heard was it was mostly fighters. It was actually only 15. Good job, keep up the good work.

[NATO]
Beta Testers
2,250 posts
7,910 battles
2 hours ago, murder_0ne said:

You took 2 torpedoes, no rockets and no bombs........and you are complaining.

Either 1 of 2 things happened. 

1) you were positioned near targets the enemy CV player was after.

2) Terrible Kaga player.

Im thinking #2 played a part. He should have been able to get you with torps more often than that. Kaga's rocket planes are throw aways, they do minimal damage even to DD's so I tend to use them as AA bait. Kaga's DB are highly accurate but again somewhat weak.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[F4E]
Members
339 posts
6,809 battles
1 hour ago, El2aZeR said:

Funnily enough no it doesn't. It actually demonstrates the futility of it all. The 43 strike planes he shot down ironically only represent about 1/3rd of the strike reserves a Kaga can field in that time. For a typical meta CV such as Shokaku or Lexington it would be less than half.

Thus even if AA does kill planes, it doesn't do so in sufficient quantity even if the enemy CV is being careless with reserves.

NAILED IT.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
29,865 posts
25,782 battles
2 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

tenor.gif?itemid=9777832&f=1&nofb=1

haha

[F4E]
Members
339 posts
6,809 battles
42 minutes ago, Darmokattenagra said:

That's always the thing they say. Bet it was all fighters lol. I got 90 in my Tallinn one time and all I heard was it was mostly fighters. It was actually only 15. Good job, keep up the good work.

Hence why I posted the battle damage results so I wouldn't be accused of this exact thing. And I included the replay just to anyone who's interested could see that the CV is just hammering the crap out of me the entire game. Frankly at this point I think he took a run at me at the very beginning of the game, his planes got WRECKED and then he was butthurt about it the rest of the game and just had a personal vendetta to sink my ship. :cap_viking:

• Cool 1

[CLUMP]
Members
1,518 posts
2,182 battles
3 hours ago, murder_0ne said:

Imagine complaining about winning surviving the match taking out two ships doing more than 130k damage and be the top ship in the match :Smile_teethhappy:   This is why no one takes CV whinners complaints seriously or their word at a value :Smile_trollface:   

Edited by LastRemnant
  • Thanks 2
  • Boring 2

[AUG]
Members
29 posts
7,751 battles
40 minutes ago, murder_0ne said:

Hence why I posted the battle damage results so I wouldn't be accused of this exact thing. And I included the replay just to anyone who's interested could see that the CV is just hammering the crap out of me the entire game. Frankly at this point I think he took a run at me at the very beginning of the game, his planes got WRECKED and then he was butthurt about it the rest of the game and just had a personal vendetta to sink my ship. :cap_viking:

That's not true - you weren't focused.

I watched the replay - when the battle started you went to Cap B right next to your team's only DD, a Kagero.
First flight of rocket planes steered straight for the DD next to you, evaporated, and then you were in smoke in the cap. 
Second flight - a Torp squadron - scouted West then came in for your friendly Atago, dropped on him, then did a second drop on the Georgia that was east of you in your smoke cloud. At this point had the enemy DD been anything other than an Asashio you would have taken two torp hits.

The next two squadrons launched a Torp squadron and a Bomber squadron, all of whom were shot down. The torp planes came toward you (and the previously targeted Georgia) but turned away without dropping when he started losing planes to go after the Kagero instead. His next flight was Bombers which dropped fighters on the edge of your bubble, went after the Kagero (still in your AA zone) and after you got done finishing his Bombers and Fighters you had 31 planes downed. This was at 15:13, and you got another 2 plane kills when the next flight of Bombers going after the Kagero strayed within your AA range. It was 14:50 on the timer and you now had 33 planes downed.

Between 14:50 and 8:19 you did not shoot down any more planes because the Kagero was being focused at A, while you were near C doing Effective Neptune Things from Smoke; launching torps, bombarding enemy ships with AP, and then took your first hit at 8:49 which knocked you all the way to 1700hp when you swept around the corner to help finish the Iowa, which was a bold move but one I can appreciate.

At 8:19 you shot down 4 more planes and were now one of the last 3 ships alive on your team.

At 7:15 you were back in smoke doing ENT and shot down another 3 planes from a squadron I have no idea what the enemy CV was doing with.

At 6:26 the Kaga made its first actual drop on you which led to the loss of his entire squadron but got him two torp hits. You now had 48 planes downed.

At 4:49 you shot down your last 3 planes, a squad of Bismarck patrol fighters.

I don't know if this was a ploy to get someone to watch your replay, but if it was I fell for it. You had a good game. You used your boat effectively and significantly helped your team to win - but to claim the CV focused you is ridiculous - he ignored you until he had no other choice to attack your Tier 9 CL.

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 4

[WOOKY]
Beta Testers
1,830 posts

tune in next game where I launch 51 DD torps at him.

they may be easier to dodge than rockets, but only 3 of them need to hit...and lets see how many of those you shoot down.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,906 posts
14,882 battles
2 minutes ago, Dareios said:

tune in next game where I launch 51 DD torps at him.

they may be easier to dodge than rockets, but only 3 of them need to hit...and lets see how many of those you shoot down.

That is the point that the anti-CV crowd seems to miss, you can shoot down planes but torpedoes or shells all you can do the the "Just Dodge" that they poo poo so much.

• Boring 1

[CYNIC]
Members
2,913 posts
7,816 battles
4 hours ago, murder_0ne said:

Spoiler

Given that CV's stats, it wasn't even worth mentioning.  Might as well have been a co op game.  Hey, I just happen to have a 377k damage co op game from this weekend's PT  -- You can claim if you want, I just wanted to see the new graphics and sound upgrades.  2 double strikes, krak, fire proof, dreadnaught, CQ expert, and probably a handful of others had it actually awarded such.

Edited by CV_Jeebies
  • Cool 1

[--K--]
[--K--]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,646 posts
3 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

That is the point that the anti-CV crowd seems to miss, you can shoot down planes but torpedoes or shells all you can do the the "Just Dodge" that they poo poo so much.

Except torps and shells are realistically dodge-able.  A good CV captain you won't be dodging, and he'll hunt you until he gets bored or there's a juicier target.  Someone from the Pro CV crowd like yourself will never acknowledge.  Or perhaps you're just a WG apologist, but I guess semantics don't really matter at this point for someone like yourself.

Oh yeah, to all of you reading here... here's a fun fact:  A high scoring game does *not* mean it was fun or enjoyable.  This is a video game, not a job where you're going in for your quarterly review and all that matters is results.  The experience of whether it was fun or not is subjective, and the Pro CV crowd will just have to cry louder that OP didn't have fun being hounded his/her entire game.

• Cool 2
  • Meh 3