You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ole_seabee

Bronze few cvs why?

17 comments in this topic

[TF16A]
[TF16A]
Members
171 posts
16,883 battles

im enjoying and still losing lots in bronze it all good ..what i have noticed which im happy with alot less cvs?

[BB35]
[BB35]
Members
536 posts
15,469 battles

Yeah, CV's don't want to fight T9 boats. They could run into a European DD (Like the Friesland) which will make them pull out their hair. Or multiple AA cruisers and BB's that can tear up their planes.

Edited by Gemlin

[USN]
Members
1,511 posts
20,402 battles

Probably because with T9 being involved, everyone will play the stronger T9s, and since T9 CVs don't exist, you'll almost never see a CV unless its somebody in an Enterprise who ranks out in 12 games, because Enterprise

• Cool 1

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,512 posts

AWESOME too.

No CV. Thats why we love Bronze. The original problems against Human CV's are present in the game to where there is no point in playing DD etc. Unchanged. However in Bronze very few if any have CV.

Same thing in CB. CV is banned. They spot everything. Then we get sunk with enough penetration and fire. Thats quite enough of that [edited].

Enterprise is a most lethal threat in her tier if not the whole game. I have probably 9 of 10 games where actions taken specifically to destroy a enterprise is a complete fail before we close to less than 10Km from the damn thing.

Edited by xHeavy
  • Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,868 posts
14,882 battles
6 minutes ago, tfcas119 said:

Probably because with T9 being involved, everyone will play the stronger T9s, and since T9 CVs don't exist, you'll almost never see a CV unless its somebody in an Enterprise who ranks out in 12 games, because Enterprise

I have done better with my tier 8's. The difference in ability between a tier 8 and a tier 9 is minimal although the AA is definitely nastier but tier 8 AA isn't exactly like throwing marshmallows.

Edited by BrushWolf

[RLGN]
Members
15,645 posts
27,355 battles
30 minutes ago, xHeavy said:

Enterprise is a most lethal threat in her tier if not the whole game. I have probably 9 of 10 games where actions taken specifically to destroy a enterprise is a complete fail before we close to less than 10Km from the damn thing.

Hooray for whoever was driving it?

ZERO Enterprise games in Randoms or Ranked, RTS or FPS, because I couldn’t manual worth a damn back then, and can’t dodge AA worth a damn now.

All these unicum, blast you to death CV drivers players complain about; sure enough that’s never been me.

• Cool 1

[PSV]
Supertester, Wiki Editor
852 posts
6,609 battles

I ranked out with Lexington, I imagine most of the CV players ranked out early. 

[WPORT]
Members
8,103 posts
13,161 battles
3 hours ago, ole_seabee said:

im enjoying and still losing lots in bronze it all good ..what i have noticed which im happy with alot less cvs?

My Sanzang and Lexington and Kaga/B have all had turns in ranked battles.
If I wasn't grinding my Richelieu to unlock the Alsace, I'd probably play more of my CV's.

The Tier-8 CV's have to face Tier-8/9/10 AA  in random battles.  In ranked there are at least fewer opposing ships that can group together to form a mutual AA bubble.

[NG-NL]
Members
6,402 posts
10,580 battles

Not to mention you're chiefly seeing players that know how to make you work harder to get damage.

[-BCO-]
Members
1,831 posts
3,354 battles
10 hours ago, Gemlin said:

Or multiple AA cruisers....

Wut?? What's that? Never heard of them...../s

[-BCO-]
Members
1,831 posts
3,354 battles
7 hours ago, guns_at_last_light said:

Another option is that players who want to take a CV into Ranked are in Silver now.

And thank God for that.

[KIA-C]
Members
3,672 posts
16,224 battles

Your average CV dont want to play against Friesland 

[REVY]
Members
2,631 posts
14,437 battles

give it time

I noticed more CVs appearing later in the Ranked run then during the early days

[WOLFC]
Members
2,555 posts
11,027 battles

Tier-to-tier AA/CV balance has always been a bit wonky. Playing a tier VIII CV in Bronze, you are certain to come up against a substantial amount of tier IX AA, which average players will frequently struggle against.

Many of those who are skilled enough and enjoy CVs enough to play them in ranked have likely moved up to silver, where the situation of a tier X CV against tier IX and X AA is more favorable.

[NUWES]
Members
3,381 posts
12,237 battles
18 hours ago, ole_seabee said:

I saw plenty, but then again I went through using Enterprise. What surprised me is how many GZs and Implacables I saw. Those plus Indom are the CVs I would not use to try to get through bronze. 

[NUWES]
Members
3,381 posts
12,237 battles
5 hours ago, AlcatrazNC said:

Your average CV dont want to play against Friesland 

There are a several of ships in bronze CVs don't like to see. Friesland, Oestergotland (sp?), the USN DDs rigged for AA, Neptune, Cleveland, Seattle, Buffalo, Baltimore. I don't like seeing Kitakaze of Akizuki either when in a T8 CV but they lack DFAA they aren't quite as bad as some of the others.