You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Lt_Walke

Matchmaker took a dump bad last night.

6 comments in this topic

[BEAVR]
[BEAVR]
Beta Testers
20 posts
18,010 battles

I have seen short team roster matches before due to divisions or players sitting in que too long. but it couldn't even get the teams balanced. 6 vs. 6 Not even enough for a ranked game. Team  Green. Tier 8 CV, Tier9 and Tier7 BBs, Tier 7 Cr, Tier9 and 7 DDs. Team Red. Tier 8 CV, 1Tier 9 and 2 Tier 7 BBs, tier 8 Cruiser, Tier 9 DD. Short rosters are fine but unbalancing teams like this is not. Too note this was the only short game I saw, nor did I wait in any que long either.

Bad matchmaking.jpg

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,932 posts
14,885 battles

That looks like a queue dump. One of the CV's was in the queue for five minutes and when the other showed up the MM created a match with what it had.

[ARGSY]
Members
23,418 posts
17,347 battles
14 hours ago, Lt_Walke said:

Too note this was the only short game I saw, nor did I wait in any que long either.

A freak occurrence, to be pointed out and laughed at as one of the more interesting and bizarre things the game tosses up from time to time. 

Imbalance in terms of ship types (with the exception of the hard cap on carriers) used to be the norm a few years ago. You could go into a match and be the only DD. And this was in the day when the odd tiers still had carriers, so an all-T9 battle wouldn't necessarily be free of them.

[WOLFG]
Members
11,811 posts
10,972 battles

The matchmaker probably takes a dump every night.

The only question is who it dumps on.

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
32,333 posts
10,021 battles
On 3/3/2021 at 5:12 PM, Lt_Walke said:

I have seen short team roster matches before due to divisions or players sitting in que too long. but it couldn't even get the teams balanced. 6 vs. 6 Not even enough for a ranked game. Team  Green. Tier 8 CV, Tier9 and Tier7 BBs, Tier 7 Cr, Tier9 and 7 DDs. Team Red. Tier 8 CV, 1Tier 9 and 2 Tier 7 BBs, tier 8 Cruiser, Tier 9 DD. Short rosters are fine but unbalancing teams like this is not. Too note this was the only short game I saw, nor did I wait in any que long either.

Bad matchmaking.jpg

What time of day were you playing?

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
4,585 posts
15,107 battles

Just wondering, when about was this at night?

This can happen if the the server pop is pretty low. MM tends to do some silly things in this case.

-Hapa