You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
jags_domain

Silver league MM so far.

20 comments in this topic

Members
2,070 posts
12,694 battles

People are bored with deadeye they want some close in action and the best way to get that is with some DD brawls.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,745 posts
21,845 battles

DDs are high-influence ships, is it surprising that the players who want to progress are playing them?

[SGSS]
Members
5,788 posts
11 minutes ago, SilverPhatShips said:

A lot of DDs? so what's the problem...

The same problem as 2 CV per side.

• Boring 1

[WOLFA]
Beta Testers
91 posts
20,324 battles

Yeah and with so many DD’s you invariably end up with loads of dd steam rolls.

I have certainly been on the potato side of the scope today for the most part. Making way too many dumb moves trying to push the situation without support. 

Beta Testers
912 posts
14,448 battles
3 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

Not even close to the same problem.

[O7]
Supertester
393 posts
13,178 battles

I think more people are ok with DD heavy matches than CV matches.

Regardless, as Edgecase said DDs have always had the highest impact in ranked. 

[KENT]
Members
409 posts
7,044 battles
8 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

It's not, because there is actual counterplay to DD's. With CV's there is very little counterplay. That's the basis of it

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,112 posts
11,850 battles

Guilty, been running smalboi. Years back I played my favorite ships in ranked but found if I want to make solid progress I need to be able to influence more, to influence more means dd. It’s unlikely I will play any other class in silver 

Members
880 posts

i figured since alot of people are screaming about getting sniped from a distance i would take some pressure off by torping and dazzling   you up close ....hows that workn out ??? much better i hope    

[BNRJ]
Members
148 posts
6,490 battles
27 minutes ago, ditka_Fatdog said:

Guilty, been running smalboi. Years back I played my favorite ships in ranked but found if I want to make solid progress I need to be able to influence more, to influence more means dd. It’s unlikely I will play any other class in silver 

This why I’d argue DDs as a class are OP. When the consensus is that they’re the decisive ship to play, it underscores that the current game, especially with nerfed secondaries, has made this class too strong. 

[TFFOX]
Members
1,089 posts
2,827 battles

You can't blame us DD mains, It's more fun when you have 10 guns that reload in 3 seconds and can ram 12 torps up the enemy

's aft. Way more fun than sitting at 25KM with deadeye THAT SKILL

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,745 posts
21,845 battles
12 minutes ago, John370 said:

This why I’d argue DDs as a class are OP. When the consensus is that they’re the decisive ship to play, it underscores that the current game, especially with nerfed secondaries, has made this class too strong. 

Part of the reason DDs are influential is that they're easy to play badly. When your counterpart (remember your DD will always pull in a DD on the other team) gets broadside torped in a cap 3 minutes into the game, that does indeed flip a whole lot in your team's favor. Likewise if you know how to spot and the other team's DD blinds everyone including himself with smoke.

Secondaries, on the other hand... yeah, no, that was never a thing keeping DDs in check.

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,112 posts
11,850 battles
16 minutes ago, John370 said:

I don’t think so but I guess op and it’s definition mean different things. If you look at damage numbers destroyers aren’t at the top. But when they stay alive they can control the map with spotting, area denial torps, etc. it’s a function of the class and not a game mechanic per say. 

[PSV]
Supertester, Wiki Editor
857 posts
6,640 battles

NA server has always been high DD. 

[WOOKY]
Beta Testers
1,830 posts

1.  I reset a line, which was a DD one, so Im going to play that until I get the TX back.

2. Im a DD main, why wouldnt I play more of the class Im more effective in

3. I like being a t9 DD in a mostly TX match, as my effectiveness is not tied directly to my hull or guns.

4. I'll probably get bored of DDs by sprint 4 and start playing one of those ships.

[DVYJC]
Members
3,896 posts
9,821 battles

You can also go counter meta and pick a DD-hunter CL or CA. But in the test season the meta tended strongly towards DD matches.

Ranked is fairly simple. Absent a CV, and often even with it, because all games are Domination mode, close matches usually come down to who has more surviving DDs at the end of the match. The ability to cap and maneuver in stealth with impunity makes surviving DDs the most impactful ships.

[RYZIN]
Beta Testers
43 posts
17,197 battles
6 hours ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

You can also go counter meta and pick a DD-hunter CL or CA. But in the test season the meta tended strongly towards DD matches.

Ranked is fairly simple. Absent a CV, and often even with it, because all games are Domination mode, close matches usually come down to who has more surviving DDs at the end of the match. The ability to cap and maneuver in stealth with impunity makes surviving DDs the most impactful ships.

This 100 percent. Played last night starting with sommers had a hard time getting off rank 10 . Would lose as many as i would win because there was usually 4-5 dds in match and which ever team had there dds alive at end won the game because of cap control. Changed to my smaland ripped off a 4 game winning streak because I focused on hunting down red teams dds and stopped for the night after that. Also helped that the last 4 games I had another dd paired up with me each game and we worked together hunting dds after they were gone it was easy just spotting running to cap and torping sniping bbs rest of the game. There was one game in my sommers where reds had radar chung mu, radar mino, 2 dm, and a stalingrad needless to say dd did not effluentence that game at all.