You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
MarcusGod7207

Last post as a player of World of Warships

26 comments in this topic

Members
64 posts
1,792 battles

Well, this is my last post as a regular wows player, so farewell forums and farewell wargaming.

• Cool 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 8

[WORX]
Members
12,638 posts
19,907 battles
33 minutes ago, MarcusGod7207 said:

Well, this is my last post as a regular wows player, so farewell forums and farewell wargaming.

Farewell..Enjoy your next game of choice...

Queue the music!

Hit the road WG..

Edited by Navalpride33

[A-I-M]
Members
3,860 posts
14,878 battles
5 minutes ago, HamAndCheez said:

This isn't an airport. You don't have to announce your departure. 

No requirement to denounce or deride a departure, either.

• Cool 4
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

[WOLFG]
Members
11,796 posts
10,943 battles
19 minutes ago, MarcusGod7207 said:

As an irregular player, I welcome you to the club.

[WOLF5]
Members
1,361 posts
10,479 battles

Great time of the year to enjoy the River Walk.....loved living in SA....

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
3,096 posts
7,082 battles
33 minutes ago, HamAndCheez said:

You are right it isn't an airport.  Its a community from which one can certainly announce their departure. 

• Cool 3

[PVE]
Members
5,095 posts
22,557 battles
49 minutes ago, MarcusGod7207 said:

May the Comforter, the Intercessor and the Tester let you find peace.....!

Let us know what games you find !  We always love recommendations !!!  Many of us are looking as well.

42 minutes ago, HamAndCheez said:

And, this is just another example why people leave......  Well done.   And yes, many players have invested time and money in this game and it is hard to walk away from a game you liked..... 

Poor form.

• Cool 5

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,919 posts
Just now, Asym_KS said:

And, this is just another example why people leave......  Well done.   And yes, many players have invested time and money in this game and it is hard to walk away from a game you liked..... 

not debating whether this is fact or fiction.. but the number of people that leave this game based on how they were treated on the forum would be as close to nil% of the player base as you can get... without actually being 0%...

there will be more that see the state of the forum and never bother to visit it again... a lot more i'd guess

• Haha 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
25,204 posts
21,009 battles
7 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

it is hard to walk away from a game you liked

No it's not. People lose interest in things that occupied large parts of their time before all the time. I certainly don't have the same interests and hobbies that I had like 10 or 5 years ago, do you? I certainly don't play the same games anymore that I did 10 or 5 years ago, do you? There are whole categories of games that come out with a new one every year because it's understood that it's a natural human thing to move on from things.

People treat it like some overly dramatic thing when someone leave s this game, pointing fingers everywhere - get over yourself, it's just human nature to move on from things. Means nothing. It's not a big deal. Never was.

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLFG]
Members
11,796 posts
10,943 battles
42 minutes ago, DJC_499 said:

Great time of the year to enjoy the River Walk.....loved living in SA....

Only visited once.  During a bowl game.  Great place to have a great time.

• Cool 1

[RGPLT]
Members
683 posts
18,201 battles

You made a forum post so your not done with the game. You still love it. Your just frustrated. See you back in a month. If you really were done with the game you wouldn't have made a cry baby post telling everyone you were leaving. You would have just left.

• Meh 1

[PVE]
Members
5,095 posts
22,557 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

No it's not. People lose interest in things that occupied large parts of their time before all the time. I certainly don't have the same interests and hobbies that I had like 10 or 5 years ago, do you? I certainly don't play the same games anymore that I did 10 or 5 years ago, do you? There are whole categories of games that come out with a new one every year because it's understood that it's a natural human thing to move on from things.

People treat it like some overly dramatic thing when someone leave s this game, pointing fingers everywhere - get over yourself, it's just human nature to move on from things. Means nothing. It's not a big deal. Never was.

Yes GoD yes !  I have been a professional shooter and competitor for 47 years !  Made money shooting !  Relatives and close friends have been professional gamers !!!!   Yes, I am still to this day, involved in my hobbies and volunteer and work with new people every week !

I,  to this day,  play the all of old Mechwarrior games and even have an old DOS (1990's) computer to play older games on.  All of the Fallout series games.  All of the Bioshock games.  Privateer.  And the list goes on and on.....  Quality is quality even if it was in the DOS days.....!!!!  Holy crap, we even had a "Corporate Eve Team" when I was working; and, we played at Lunch in the HD conference rooms !!!

I, to this day, when I run into and meet new game developers at Innovation conferences, since I've been on the Innovation path for decades, I get to see and work with where games are going.........not, where they are.....  I've written about what I've seen in this forum.....

You have no idea how "big a deal" games are.....  How they infiltrate Society norms.  Ever visit an eSport club meeting at a major University>?  Those Universities are hiring full-time NACE coaches to coach videogames (I posted a job description last year!!)    ICD-11 has treatment codes for gaming disorders that are compiling tens of millions of dollars of cost and those costs are on an exponential scale.......  "It's not a big deal.  Never was"..............is really out-of-touch............:Smile_facepalm: 

Edited by Asym_KS

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
25,204 posts
21,009 battles
9 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

"It's not a big deal.  Never was"..............is really out-of-touch it............:Smile_facepalm: 

Are you really comparing casual gamers in a niche game to pros in established comp games? Even pros don't play the same game all their career either.

Edited by Lert

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,339 posts
17,511 battles
2 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Farewell.  Find your game.  Enjoy life.

This ^^^

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,817 posts
7,512 battles

These threads are such a riot.  Always draw the same crowd in to glom onto the departure as a sure sign of the games impending doom.. generally because of their own personal bias and opinion about games direction.  Even when OP didn't even give a reason for their decision.   It's like a broken record....    100's of people leave this game daily..  100s of people start it.    

Goodbye OP..   it's not going anywhere, I've left this game once, found my way back 2 years later and now enjoy it more than ever.  Could be a break away for a bit changes your mind about it.      

[PVE]
Members
5,095 posts
22,557 battles
17 minutes ago, Lert said:

Are you really comparing casual gamers in a niche game to pros? Even pros don't play the same game all their career either.

Sigh...........  I answered you with the realities from my perspective....   Friends did ^^^^^ just that.  And, when that game ended, they retired.  I still do the same thing decades later?  Heck, what I do for a hobby today is an international sport and when you play at the levels I play at..........well, it becomes a bit more than "just a hobby"....  We host people from 11 countries when we were conducting competitions.   Where the best in the World actually have and build complete machine shops and live on the Range they practice on.....  Oh yes, many play the same game for their entire lives.  I have.  Otherwise, how can you be good at something so difficult???  Aim small, miss small actually means something......(Thank you Mark Baker !)  Look at my avatar for heavens sake........!

Even casual gamers tend to "cling onto games they like for long periods of time...."   Those "Eve" players I mentioned, to this day, still play Eve.......  The D&D crew from the Seventies still, to this day, meet once a month.....what 40 some years later.  A friend of mine has a "DOOM Night" once a quarter...  There are ex-players from this game that have been here since day one that are still reading this forum and other forums and drop into this game once every so often.....  Same with me......I drop into every game that is still active once every quarter to see where those mostly dead games are.......  One was just bought (MWO) and there is hope the new owners will revive it !!!!  We'd all go back!!!

I've told you what I know and believe.  You dismiss it it seems; and, that is OK........  But, video games are not trivial entities anymore and their costs to Societies is growing exponentially.......and, with what comes next in games..........Oh boy.

Edited by Asym_KS

[ARGSY]
Members
23,385 posts
17,319 battles
2 hours ago, MarcusGod7207 said:

See the door? It yawns open for your departure and it will yawn open for your return if you so choose.

Have fun doing whatever else you're doing. 

[ARGSY]
Members
23,385 posts
17,319 battles
1 minute ago, Asym_KS said:

and live on the Range they practice on...

Oh to be able to sit on the back porch and take safe shots at a high rock face.

[PVE]
Members
5,095 posts
22,557 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Oh to be able to sit on the back porch and take safe shots at a high rock face.

Several have 30x30+ garages that have a garage door that opens to a 1,000 yard range.   They build all that they shoot.  And, several are world record holders.  I'm not a builder; and, being hand disabled has slowed me down.  My avatar on the left is a 70 caliber Hawken (shoots a .018 pillow-ticking patched .695 Lead round ball with 135 grains of Swiss 1-1/2F powder) and everything I am wearing is hand made.....and, mixed-period correct.   Hobbies?  Yes.....and everyday I get to play on the range is a good day.   Heck, it puts meat on the table every year !!!!

• Cool 1