You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

Brawls in 0.10.1: The Next Step

47 comments in this topic

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
4,586 posts
15,113 battles

Brawl 1 will be held under an updated set of rules, utilizing a 1 vs. 1 format with Tier VIII ships. Face off against rivals for Credits, Coal, Free XP, and other rewards!

Read it on the portal
  • Cool 3
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 2

[F4E]
Members
338 posts
6,337 battles

1 vs 1 brawls were terrible imo.  It's rock paper scissors CV.

DD > BB > CA > DD and CV > all.

The outcome of the battle is known on the loading screen unless you are crazy good against crazy bad.

• Meh 5

[MR-1]
Members
1,809 posts
22,343 battles

1 v 1is not a brawl  . It’s just 2 guys punching F*****   Of of each other     Why do you guys even bother with  1 V 1 it’s boring 

• Meh 4

[MUG-T]
Members
375 posts
3,840 battles
18 minutes ago, Glamorboy said:

The outcome of the battle is known on the loading screen unless you are crazy good against crazy bad.

Pretty sure CVs weren't that broken in the last one. You had to push into the cap or you would lose on points. 

• Thanks 2

[F4E]
Members
338 posts
6,337 battles
29 minutes ago, frankfletcher_1 said:

Pretty sure CVs weren't that broken in the last one. You had to push into the cap or you would lose on points. 

Even if you took CV's out of the equation, was it fun being in a DD going against a Cleveland?  Was it fun in the Cleveland against a North Carolina?  Was it fun in the North Carolina against a DD?  Or was the match pretty much decided on the load in screen.

• Thanks 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[KAG]
Members
203 posts
10,749 battles

People who think CVs beat all are forgetting
1: It is incredibly difficult to find stealthy DDs, more of a roll of dice
2:  AA heavy BBs like the American line can reach the other side of the map long before they get low
3:  Cruisers with DFAA can still 1shot-wipe an entire squad of planes

Aaaaaand
All you crybabies who hide behind the excuse of "I can't be bothered to dodge because I might go broadside to a BB that might have AP that might be already loaded that might be fired at me and might hit me and might penetrate to the citadel - therefore Ban CV so I can be safe REEEE!"

You no longer have an excuse.  Just dodge.  You'll mitigate 50-80% of the damage.  Just dodge...

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 4

[HOLE]
Members
204 posts
2,352 battles

Personally, I wished it would run more. Skill vs Skill. I find a lot of these so called skilled player often avoid these events. lol

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[KAG]
Members
203 posts
10,749 battles
Just now, motleytanker said:

Personally, I wished it would run more. Skill vs Skill. I find a lot of these so called skilled player often avoid these events. lol

Agreed, throw in 1k steel and you'll get massive participation.  I have 3 steel ships, a 10k steel camo, and 43k steel left over.  I am saying this not because I need more steel, but because it's true.
(I hope they're listening)

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
508 posts
19,855 battles
11 hours ago, Glamorboy said:

Even if you took CV's out of the equation, was it fun being in a DD going against a Cleveland?  Was it fun in the Cleveland against a North Carolina?  Was it fun in the North Carolina against a DD?  Or was the match pretty much decided on the load in screen.

I thought  it was fun, and brawls in general is a great idea

• Meh 1

[WOLF5]
Members
87 posts
3,218 battles
14 hours ago, Glamorboy said:

It seems like those scenarios you mentioned won't happen in Brawl 1

From the EU forums:

brawl.thumb.png.da7ae77d03fa861a06f403d0395d7346.png

[MR-1]
Members
1,809 posts
22,343 battles

BRAWL   my definition of a brawl is a group of people    . after all you cant have a riot  with 1 person now can you 

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 1

[X-PN]
Members
1,592 posts
12,211 battles
On 3/5/2021 at 9:37 AM, Glamorboy said:

The dominant ship last time was Tirpitz.  Mass and Bismark do well too.  The french DDs can be good counters for these ships however.  It would have to be a skilled CV driver to beat a Mass... I shot down 152 planes with a Mass in one battle against a Lexington in less than 10 min last time they did this.  I'll try Mainz this time too since it is a decent brawler.

These 1v1 or 3v3 events are great fun, but I am saddened to see WG reduce the rewards to such pitiful amounts.  1250 bxp for a win?  Really?  That's hardly above COOP and well below an average random game.  So sad.

• Cool 3
  • Meh 1

[SNAFU]
Members
30 posts
1,681 battles

Will take my Amagi for a spin but if there's a carrier against me (Kaga), i'm scared.

And yes I do agree that the 3v3 format for brawls were more fun than just 1v1 as your not a battleships facing a fast destroyer.

• Meh 1

Members
2,070 posts
12,694 battles
40 minutes ago, YouSatInGum said:

The dominant ship last time was Tirpitz.  Mass and Bismark do well too.  The french DDs can be good counters for these ships however.  It would have to be a skilled CV driver to beat a Mass... I shot down 152 planes with a Mass in one battle against a Lexington in less than 10 min last time they did this.  I'll try Mainz this time too since it is a decent brawler.

These 1v1 or 3v3 events are great fun, but I am saddened to see WG reduce the rewards to such pitiful amounts.  1250 bxp for a win?  Really?  That's hardly above COOP and well below an average random game.  So sad.

Keep in mind that secondary skills no longer buff AA.

Members
81 posts
10,200 battles
On 3/5/2021 at 11:28 AM, Glamorboy said:

yep ... selecting the wrong ship for the opponents ship is an instant defeat.

should permit us to select a matrix of ships ...

If opponent is DD ... play x

If opponent is CA/CL .... play y

if opponent is BB ... play z

if opponent is CV ... play y

where xyz and y are ships from your port.

Otherwise it is 3 to 1 that you will lose so WHY PLAY?

Edited by JohnChristianFalkenberg
  • Thanks 1

[USRUS]
[USRUS]
Members
1,455 posts
20,689 battles

Wall of Tirpitz it is

Members
4,141 posts
44,199 battles
On 3/6/2021 at 10:22 AM, Gaelic_knight said:

BRAWL   my definition of a brawl is a group of people    . after all you cant have a riot  with 1 person now can you 

A brawl or a fight against an adversary that would be fair is 1v1. The school yard most individuals remember is about 4 to 6 v 1.

Single combat 1 v 1 is so rare in gaming as such these days because of the psychology of just such a scenario. 

It is difficult for some individuals to wrap their minds around the competitive concept of 1v1. 

Why? Because we are a gregarious society and we tend to form packs of groups of people and they are more than one. We tend to travel in pairs to almost nearly anywhere.

Just see how some go to certain public places. They tend to go in twos and never alone. 

It is that buddy system that keeps a player from doing things alone. 

So a player is not confident, to step in an arena, like a gladiator, mount up, and fight alone.

They need a buddy.

It doesn't mean they are scared or anything. :cap_cool:

• Cool 1

Members
4,141 posts
44,199 battles
On 3/6/2021 at 10:22 AM, Gaelic_knight said:

Maybe you are right. WG should call it grapple. Then players can grapple each other 1v1. 

"To the end, I grapple with thee."

"What?!"

*Runs away...

• Haha 1

[DPG]
Supertester
750 posts
18,431 battles

I appreciate the variety of battle modes we are seeing lately, although having this Brawl, along with the incredibly time intensive ranked season we have and Clan battles all at the same time I think is too much. 

I just checked the mission requirements for the 1v1 brawl and to max the rewards requires 51 Victories. That's 100 games for most captains in 7 days. 

I would sooner see the variety of these than not having them at all,  But given the ranked and clan battles going on,  it would have been better to have kept this a smaller lighter brawl.

[Y0L0]
Members
30 posts
22,026 battles

To all of you complainers I love 1 vs 1 it's a unique fun play when its all up to you.... from selecting the right ship and have the right strategy for it

• Meh 1

[SRM]
Members
275 posts
19,080 battles
43 minutes ago, zoltron_mario said:

To all of you complainers I love 1 vs 1 it's a unique fun play when its all up to you.... from selecting the right ship and have the right strategy for it

No lemming trains lmbo 

[K-POP]
Members
66 posts
4,180 battles

I can deal with the different ship classes facing each other... however, I do think the rewards are lacking for the amount of grinding it's going to take.  It would be one thing if it was steel, but for 10000 coal...I can get that in one week or less without pulling my hair out.

• Cool 2