You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CrazyHorse_Denver

Notice anything strange about this picture???

17 comments in this topic

Members
1,507 posts
17,994 battles

shot-21_03.02_22_04.14-0201.thumb.jpg.ef36a716c3815106dd3de1764ec15607.jpg

Give up???

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

Every green BB is in front of the CAs. According to what you read on the forum this is damn near impossible with passive BB play being the norm. I do salute my brave CA comrades though for bravely holding down the rear.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 1

[-AFK-]
Members
1,146 posts
15,261 battles
2 minutes ago, CrazyHorse_Denver said:

Give up???

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

Every green BB is in front of the CAs. According to what you read on the forum this is damn near impossible with passive BB play being the norm. I do salute my brave CA comrades though for bravely holding down the rear.

While I love that this happened, 
There is a few things I can point out,
1. You are one of those battleships 
2. How did the game end?
3. As long as you're having fun why care about conversations had on a forum? 

Members
1,507 posts
17,994 battles
2 minutes ago, Salvo_Creative said:

While I love that this happened, 
There is a few things I can point out,
1. You are one of those battleships 
2. How did the game end?
3. As long as you're having fun why care about conversations had on a forum? 

1. Yes... I thought I was bringing up the rear but then I took a close look at the mini map and said wth.

2.  We won... it wasn't a close game but it wasn't a blow out either.

3. You're right I shouldn't... but with all these Dead Eye is ruining the game posts I just wanted to point out that not all BB drivers are passive.

• Thanks 2

[WOLF1]
Members
920 posts
1,893 battles
16 minutes ago, CrazyHorse_Denver said:

1. Yes... I thought I was bringing up the rear but then I took a close look at the mini map and said wth.

3. You're right I shouldn't... but with all these Dead Eye is ruining the game posts I just wanted to point out that not all BB drivers are passive.

Eh when I play ships like Colorado (grinding up the USN fast BB line) my slow speed does force me to play as a sniper, although I still do not use deadeye since I can not hit anything over 16.2 km (Colorado's detection range with camo). However, I do still push up when I finally sail to a flank.

in my two fast battleships that I have in my fleet, my flagship Georgia (bought with coal) and Scharnhorst (still not sure how I obtained her) I do indeed push up aggressively as I want to use my secondaries within 10.8 and 9.1 km respectively 

[-AFK-]
Members
1,146 posts
15,261 battles
38 minutes ago, CrazyHorse_Denver said:

I am very happy you made this post :) 
I to am not a passive BB player so it is nice to see more of us out there

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,229 posts
22,826 battles

Doesn't this style of play wreck the new meta and that new must have skill, Dead Eye???

[WOLFG]
Members
32,294 posts
10,021 battles
43 minutes ago, Khafni said:

Doesn't this style of play wreck the new meta and that new must have skill, Dead Eye???

No, it actually complements them.

When the enemy Deadeye BBs keep their distance, pushing with your own Deadeye BBs makes them move back even further, and doesn't let the enemy get a long range combat advantage.

This means that your smaller ships can play the middle and have better support than the enemy's.

I have it on almost all my BBs just for that reason.

Edited by Skpstr
  • Cool 1

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,920 posts

looks like those cv's just wrecked all the dd's in the match

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
1,159 posts
11,302 battles
7 hours ago, CrazyHorse_Denver said:

Give up???

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

I am noticing a lot of people are making some strong assumptions about this battle in their posts. I look at this image, and realize that your battleships are 4 pushing battleships and 1 flex that could go either way. Of your three cruisers, the only one I question staying back is Moskva, and even then some people do build it to snipe. Your team was clearly playing your ships correctly, which is much better than most random teams right now. Congratulations on the win, your team deserved it.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
7,012 posts
5,525 battles
14 minutes ago, SKurj said:

looks like those cv's just wrecked all the dd's in the match

Tbh I thought OP was pointing out to all DDs being alive while all caps are taken or being contested and there's a CV in the match, tho it is just a T8. 

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,920 posts
4 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Tbh I thought OP was pointing out to all DDs being alive while all caps are taken or being contested and there's a CV in the match, tho it is just a T8. 

hard to tell which wagon these days...  there are so many...

but at least i can be fairly confident it isn't about subs...

• Funny 1

[WOLFG]
Members
11,805 posts
10,952 battles
5 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

I thought it was the red rocket planes capping C.

• Funny 1

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
6,345 posts
19,359 battles

Depends on the map.  CAs need some good terrain to push up.  Good forward and flank protection.  On the other hand, a BB only needs flank support, as they can usually tank without forward support (not to mention desire an opening for their lower trajectory shells).   Without good terrain, CAs need to resort to rely on speed and maneuver and  fire from range.  This is more normal than exception in today's meta on maps like this. 

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
1,159 posts
11,302 battles
3 hours ago, DrHolmes52 said:

I thought it was the red rocket planes capping C.

Red Rocket Squadron is pretty terrifying to see up close

Members
1,507 posts
17,994 battles
6 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Depends on the map.  CAs need some good terrain to push up.  Good forward and flank protection.  On the other hand, a BB only needs flank support, as they can usually tank without forward support (not to mention desire an opening for their lower trajectory shells).   Without good terrain, CAs need to resort to rely on speed and maneuver and  fire from range.  This is more normal than exception in today's meta on maps like this. 

I always enjoy reading what you post. Unlike many... myself included... you know what you're talking about when it comes to playing this game. Have you submitted your CC application yet for the recently open position???:Smile_child:

I can even appreciate the way I've been chastised and admit that maybe I was a little too harsh towards my CA teammates.

Beta Testers
909 posts
14,429 battles

This is not the norm. Cherry picking a single game doesn't make it the norm either.

Don't get me wrong, I applaud your BB's for moving up, wish it happened more often but the norm is BB's sit up the back and snipe.

[FLTF1]
Members
287 posts
7,864 battles
On 3/3/2021 at 2:48 AM, CrazyHorse_Denver said:

that's the correct play. DDs in front, BBs in the middle dealing and tanking damage, cruisers in the back just raining fire.