You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ZabishiK1tzun3

Why do rockets go too far?

6 comments in this topic

Members
5 posts
846 battles

First: I don't know if this is normal or not, I'm here to ask it.
Second: I use mods (modstation) so that could be the reason of it happening.
This happens to me a lot but I don't know why, what should I do?

Edited by ZabishiK1tzun3
Grammar correction

[WOLF1]
Members
920 posts
1,893 battles

I believe that is a intentional aspect of rocket planes now. WG added a delay between the command of fire and the actual rockets being fired to give DDs the ability to dodge more in a recent update. Therefore you need to click the fire button when the reticle is just a bit forward of the target.

Edited by Boomer625

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,841 posts
4,285 battles
8 minutes ago, SilverPhatShips said:

Lag

Yup, this. Look at your ping, it was well over 100ms and that red light popped on right before you launch. You had a bit of a lag spike, which caused your client to desync from the server so your planes looked like they were on target but actually apparently were past the target. When you launched the server corrected the issue and you missed.

If this is happening regularly then your internet connection is bad. How hard that is to fix really depends on your ISP.

Edited by AJTP89
  • Thanks 1

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,841 posts
4,285 battles

It's not so much the high ping as it's the inconsistent ping. You can play on a high ping (ping from NA to the PTS server in Russia is regularly 100+ms). But if it's not stable that causes problems because then the delay between client and server varies which tends to mess things up. Unfortunately Latam tends to have internet issues (at least from people I've talked with), so not really sure if there's a good solution.