You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
IfYouSeeKhaos

A mode for the true unis (dang it...meant for general...not bug section...sorry)....

3 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
7,881 posts
23,881 battles

(I'd give this a try...but don't in any way at all consider myself 1 of them)

Remove the option to equip detonation flags in CBs/Ranked Gold League/& KOTS (you won't be able to remove the option in training battles for the KOTS...just add a det flag check for the winners & disqualify/rematch...mistakes happen...if they used them).

In random battles w/random players detonations are mostly luck & RNG...but detonations can be triggered by those that know how to aim for them...so remove the ability to block them w/the signal (just in high level competitive mode) so the skill can be taken advantage of by those that know how to use it.

Will definitely give more credence to the 70% det reduction upgrade...does anybody even use that now that you can equip 8 battle effect flags on every ship? (Other than those that are convinced that dets can still occur w/the flag).

@LittleWhiteMouse once (a long time ago in 1 of her many write-ups) stated that she knew how to aim for dets...before that time I thought they were just RNG & the game saying, "Your turn to go back to port early".

Sounds like a skill to me... it's a shame it's so easily blocked & reduced to just a citadel hit by those that know how to utilize it.

Figured it would be an interesting factor to help determine the real unis in competitive modes...

Or just have an alternate event w/it (if changing all the established modes is too much of a hassle) & give rewards (steel most definitely) for most detonations caused.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos
  • Meh 1

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
12,500 posts
10,570 battles

You can increase the odds of causing detonations by going for them.  This isn't behaviour that will optimize your chances of winning or killing someone quickly, however.  It means electing to spam HE shells at often over-saturated areas of a ship instead of using AP to blow out an exposed citadel, for example.  It means aiming for the forward part of a battleship with AP rounds when a centre-of-mass shot would more likely generate multiple citadel hits instead of MAYBE one. 

• Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
7,881 posts
23,881 battles
19 hours ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

You can increase the odds of causing detonations by going for them.  This isn't behaviour that will optimize your chances of winning or killing someone quickly, however.  It means electing to spam HE shells at often over-saturated areas of a ship instead of using AP to blow out an exposed citadel, for example.  It means aiming for the forward part of a battleship with AP rounds when a centre-of-mass shot would more likely generate multiple citadel hits instead of MAYBE one. 

So they're not caused by just any potential citadel hit but just the ammo stashes below the turrets? I wasn't aware of that (the "just" part...knew ammo stashes allowed them...thought the other cit areas did also).

Thanx for clarifying that.