You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
retic1959

Agir ?

27 comments in this topic

[WOLF6]
Members
909 posts

Any opinions on Agir in this meta ? Getting close on free xp but choices seem pretty limited . I suck at DD's , too frantic for my arthritic fingers and med addled brain so that's a limiting factor . Haven't seen anything up and coming as a free xp reward ship either .

Members
1,917 posts
27,804 battles

I make it my business to burn BBs at extreme range with it.

[WOLF6]
Members
909 posts
10 minutes ago, theLaalaa said:

I make it my business to burn BBs at extreme range with it.

Good to know you can do that with her , seems like Azuma might be better at bbq looking at the specs though , plan on getting Yoshino so kinda no point in getting Azuma too .

[WOLFC]
Members
2,580 posts
11,084 battles

Alaska and Smaland were just made unavailable, so I would expect another free XP ship in the not too distant future. Unless you’re really intrigued by Agir, I’d wait a while to see if another ship is made available. After all, Agir isn’t going anywhere.

Edited by Nevermore135

[SGSS]
Members
5,772 posts
25 minutes ago, retic1959 said:

Any opinions on Agir in this meta ? Getting close on free xp but choices seem pretty limited . I suck at DD's , too frantic for my arthritic fingers and med addled brain so that's a limiting factor . Haven't seen anything up and coming as a free xp reward ship either .

There are alot of them out there.

[WOLF6]
Members
909 posts
15 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

Alaska and Smaland were just made unavailable, so I would expect another free XP ship in the not too distant future. Unless you’re really intrigued by Agir, I’d wait a while to see if another ship is made available. After all, Agir isn’t going anywhere.

I have Alaska , just thinking a secondary build on Agir might be fun to screw around in co-op with .

[SALVO]
Members
26,136 posts
29,156 battles
1 minute ago, retic1959 said:

I have Alaska , just thinking a secondary build on Agir might be fun to screw around in co-op with .

There is currently no such thing as a secondary build cruiser, given the current skills.  (Also, if there were, the Siegfried is the better option.)   That said, you can select secondary related upgrade modules that will enhance your secondaries.

[WOLF6]
Members
909 posts
10 minutes ago, Crucis said:

That said, you can select secondary related upgrade modules that will enhance your secondaries

That was the plan , co-op only with that build .

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,782 posts
35 minutes ago, retic1959 said:

Play a secondary BB but don't pick the secondary skills and note how many hits you get.  Without the needed skills (which you can't have as a cruiser), the accuracy is going to be horrible.

I am a big fan of secondaries and I still build the usual BBs for them in this rework even though it is not advised.  It's going to be REALLY bad for those cruisers.

I wanted Agir, for the same reasons you do.  I changed my mind.

[BB_B]
Members
88 posts
1,030 battles

I am running a secondary build on Tirpitz in co-op,  accuracy is in the toilet.  Out of over 1000 rounds fired, got 228 hits, running about 25 percent.  I am also running the Roma for the Italian event.  Waiting to see if they modify the commander skills before I commit to using other captains.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,782 posts

We know that Deadeye is going to get reworked/removed in the next few weeks.  Maaaaaaaaybe a secondary buff will come with it.  Probably not, but I am waiting and watching.

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,546 posts

Agir is not the ship she could be.

It does not inspire respect or fear in battle. Just sink it.

[WOLF3]
Members
509 posts
11,733 battles
1 hour ago, retic1959 said:

Good to know you can do that with her , seems like Azuma might be better at bbq looking at the specs though , plan on getting Yoshino so kinda no point in getting Azuma too .

I like both. Agir is obviously more versatile, but Azuma was a pleasant surprise to play with good long range guns that do plenty of damage. With how toxic tier 10 is, I try to stay as far away as possible whenever possible so I will avoid yoshino.

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
32,322 posts
10,021 battles

I pretty much fire all AP, only switching for DDs. 

The HE damage is pretty bad, and Agir's guns are good enough to get multiple AP pens at range.

Brawls decently too, esp. if you can get within torp range.

I don't find it amazing, but it's a pretty solid ship and I enjoy it.

Edited by Skpstr
  • Cool 1

[_BDA_]
Members
141 posts
3,659 battles

I'm not quite sure if this is still true or not but I believe Agir actually uses GZs dispersion formula for its secondary's so a secondary build might still be viable in coop. Though the range of those secondaries is terrible at only 6.3 km range fully upgraded.  

Edited by cheekywarship2018

[WOLFC]
Members
2,580 posts
11,084 battles
5 minutes ago, cheekywarship2018 said:

I'm not quite sure if this is still true or not but I believe Agir actually uses GZs dispersion formula for its secondary's so that combined with the fact that with the fact you can still get the range of the secondary's with the flag and module out to 10 kilometers. A secondary build might still be viable in coop.  

Agir had enhanced secondary dispersion at one time during testing, when it appeared WG was going to go all-in on her secondaries. They completely changed direction with the ship prior to release and she lost all those benefits, ending up having both inferior main battery and secondaries (less range) than Siegfried.

Members
1,917 posts
27,804 battles
2 hours ago, retic1959 said:

I don't invest in or play Tier 10. My Tier 9 premiums pay much better as I get to hit Tier 10's for more XP. Even in a loss I almost never lose credits. T10 is a mugs' racket.

• Thanks 1

[WOLF6]
Members
909 posts
35 minutes ago, theLaalaa said:

I don't invest in or play Tier 10. My Tier 9 premiums pay much better as I get to hit Tier 10's for more XP. Even in a loss I almost never lose credits. T10 is a mugs' racket.

Not concerned about losing silver in a T10 game , Mo comes in handy if I need credits .

[WOLF6]
Members
909 posts
1 hour ago, cheekywarship2018 said:

I'm not quite sure if this is still true or not but I believe Agir actually uses GZs dispersion formula for its secondary's so a secondary build might still be viable in coop. Though the range of those secondaries is terrible at only 6.3 km range fully upgraded.  

Odd , I'm seeing 8km base in the specs in game .

[NMKJT]
Members
3,060 posts
8,293 battles
3 hours ago, retic1959 said:

I got Agir recently (last month or so). She's ok, the guns perform similar to Odin's but you get the original 20s reload Odin would've gotten. And Odin's guns work fine, generally. Agir unlike Odin doesn't take a BB slot, but her hull form and armor scheme does leave her vulnerable to awkward citadels quite often if you turn out or expose wrong. And Siegfried is exactly the same, there, btw. They share the same hull.

I wouldn't say Agir is a waste, but who knows what fxp ships are coming along soon. Mine has had a pretty horrendous run of bad luck lately, but sometimes that's how it is with low sample size. I still would say I've done ok in her, so she's not bad, but she's not standout like Kron/Alaska or Stalingrad either.

[WOLFC]
Members
2,580 posts
11,084 battles
46 minutes ago, retic1959 said:

The secondary range was buffed on most cruisers and BBs when the skill rework dropped (Germans having the longest ranges in general) as part of WG’s effort to justify the accuracy nerfs. I did a double take the first time my Prinz Eugen’s secondaries started opening up at 8 km.

[PVE]
Members
10,926 posts
18,908 battles

If you didn't use your FXP for Research Bureau. I am saving for Agir now though. 400.000. Give me a month or two, or 777% FXP signals and 2 weeks.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[WOLF6]
Members
909 posts
18 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

If you didn't use your FXP for Research Bureau. I am saving for Agir now though. 400.000. Give me a month or two, or 777% FXP signals and 2 weeks.

Made it to the 1 million mark last night , I'm gonna try to sit tight for a bit to see what's in the pike . No intention of regrinding anything , just a rehash of a bad , unpopular idea that WG wouldn't let go of IMO .

[PVE]
Members
10,926 posts
18,908 battles
1 minute ago, retic1959 said:

Made it to the 1 million mark last night , I'm gonna try to sit tight for a bit to see what's in the pike . No intention of regrinding anything , just a rehash of a bad , unpopular idea that WG wouldn't let go of IMO .

Agir is  like $80, so it's worth 1,000,000 FXP, at least it is now that I don't have any RB ships that I think are better.

[_BDA_]
Members
141 posts
3,659 battles
8 hours ago, retic1959 said:

Sorry my mistake, I was looking at some older sources. However, with this change provided that Agir does still use GZ's dispersion formula, a secondary build is still perfectly viable as you can get her secondaries fully upgraded to 10km.