Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Sbels

Deadeye Rumors

22 comments in this topic

[W_H_S]
Members
91 posts
8,276 battles

So the big question is IF deadeye is to be reworked/replaced will we get free respecs and module dismounts? It was stated in multiple places this would be the case if changes to the skills were made. Kind of curious about this, as it may influence many financial and gameplay decisions in the future. 

Edited by Sbels
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 2

[ARGSY]
Members
23,385 posts
17,319 battles
20 minutes ago, Sbels said:

So the big question is IF deadeye is to be reworked/replaced will we get free respecs and module dismounts again

I think they'd be pretty much obliged to offer a respec, although it may be strictly on an opt-in basis for a limited time. Module relocation I'm not so sure about; I wouldn't expect that one as a given, and I personally wouldn't be upset if they declined it. You could argue for it on the basis of wanting to pull a slot-six module off and give Artillery Plotting Room Mod 2 to American BBs to compensate for Deadeye being nixed, but it might or might not get traction.

[KWF]
Members
5,792 posts
7,007 battles

It's up to WG's interpretation of what constitutesa significant change; based on track record and the tweaks to IFHE as a similar case, most likely there will be a free respec offered.

[SALVO]
Members
6,969 posts
5,521 battles
30 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I think they'd be pretty much obliged to offer a respec, although it may be strictly on an opt-in basis for a limited time. Module relocation I'm not so sure about; I wouldn't expect that one as a given, and I personally wouldn't be upset if they declined it. You could argue for it on the basis of wanting to pull a slot-six module off and give Artillery Plotting Room Mod 2 to American BBs to compensate for Deadeye being nixed, but it might or might not get traction.

A lot of noise is being made by DeadEye but I think the worst offenders are some cruiser skills and they will be changed along. If you change cruiser skills, (special call out to the silly lighthouse build) you'll need to change module setup (mostly fitting Concealment module back in). In that case a free module demount is almost mandatory and will surely be provided too along the free respec.

[FFG33]
[FFG33]
Members
397 posts
15,156 battles

Welp...at least I heard Roma was useable at least for a short time.

[SALVO]
Members
26,129 posts
29,129 battles
1 hour ago, Sbels said:

So the big question is IF deadeye is to be reworked/replaced will we get free respecs and module dismounts again it was stated in multiple places this would be the case if changes to the skills were made kinda curious about this, as it may influence many financial and gameplay decisions in the future 

The big problem with this post is that it's one long run-on sentence.

• Haha 2

[T_O_P]
Members
542 posts

and they need to rework the locations of the skills as well. Right now there is little consistency and even some skills that are the same but may still be found in different columns. TBH the whole thing feels like trying to find a particular matching sock in a large pile of other socks after throwing them all on the bed out of the dryer.

ALSO... in the old system at each point level we knew "ok this skill is good for (whatever type) ship". Now when I'm looking at skills and feel like there is a "gap" sort of. I feel like at some level (lets say among 3 pt skills for example) there isnt anything "interesting" that I want to take... at all, but a whole number of them on the 4 pt level. In other words the distribution of interesting skills used to be pretty even, but now not at all.

...and the fact that its all different between bb/ca/dd/cv (ok carriers have an excuse its a completely different type of ship) and it's easy to get disoriented (for me), thinking of a particular skill, but it's not there 😂 

Edited by Hammer_n_Sickle

[WOLFG]
Members
1,065 posts

My guess is they will only change Deadeye with no free respec.  They will take the easiest way possible to try and fix their screw up and we can go hang ourselves if we don't like  it.  

• Cool 1

[CAAT]
Members
1,030 posts
4,625 battles
56 minutes ago, weiwaynezhang said:

rework the rework, why just dead eye:fish_viking:

Agreed, ISBA and Grease The Gears needs a buff. Grease The Gears actually need reworking because the way it works right now is just straight stupid.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,919 posts

whatever we get the martyr flamu will be given credit for...  good or bad...  and that isn't a rumour...

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
29,858 posts
25,782 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

They had a bunch of post-CV Rebork changes over the year after it happened.  The first change or two after the initial grace period, we had a fresh set of Respecs.  Afterwards they stopped giving a f--k.

Members
2,069 posts
12,694 battles

I expect WG to say they were going to give free respecs but after dealing with Flamu's drama they no longer have the money to afford it and the post with end with a pic of a giant middle finger pointing at a potato.

Members
7,360 posts
17,403 battles

I would not look at the past as the norm going forward for WG. 

Different people doing different things. Compare the skill rework from 2017 to this one and the major differences in implementation. This is a newer, greedier WG and its showing. 

[W_H_S]
Members
91 posts
8,276 battles
1 hour ago, Crucis said:

The big problem with this post is that it's one long run-on sentence.

sorry about that fixed it.:cap_book:

[W_H_S]
Members
91 posts
8,276 battles

hoped maybe someone from WG would comment guess not

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,919 posts

regardless of what happened in texas recently...  i am not sure i'd be hoping for free module dismounts.

[WOLFG]
Members
11,796 posts
10,943 battles
20 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

They had a bunch of post-CV Rebork changes over the year after it happened.  The first change or two after the initial grace period, we had a fresh set of Respecs.  Afterwards they stopped giving a f--k.

Yes.  I am past the point of having an expectation of what WG is going to do.

Members
2,069 posts
12,694 battles
1 hour ago, Sbels said:

hoped maybe someone from WG would comment guess not

They will comment when the change is ready to go.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,691 posts
10,099 battles
22 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I think they'd be pretty much obliged to offer a respec

They’re not obligated to do so, but they know full well that not providing a free respec would cause them one of the worst PR disasters in the six years of this game’s history. 

[ARGSY]
Members
23,385 posts
17,319 battles
20 hours ago, SKurj said:

whatever we get the martyr flamu will

take credit for.

4 minutes ago, vak_ said:

They’re not obligated to do so, but they know full well that not providing a free respec would cause them one of the worst PR disasters in the six years of this game’s history. 

If they did that, I'd almost be tempted to say "Bite it. Whole bunches of you played like cowards the moment it was introduced, whined and screamed and moaned until they took it away, and now you can carry the guilt on your shoulders."

Of course, those four points have to go SOMEWHERE...and if something else replaces deadeye and eats those points immediately, I'm not going to complain if it ends up suiting my agenda.

Until then, we're just going to have to see exactly what WG plans to do. Then, and only then, complain.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Meh 1

[TSF]
Members
417 posts
14,242 battles
22 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

If I had to wager on it, I would put my money on Ensign_Cthulhu being closest to the mark.

Sign in to follow this