You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Lose_dudes

Event crates worth it?

11 comments in this topic

[XXII]
Banned
862 posts
969 battles

I'm considering getting a few to get into ranked with the t8. Did anyone get ships from them?

• Haha 1

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,782 posts

I dunno but T8s are not at all hard to grind out.  T6 and T7 can be gotten through in Operations in pretty short order.  With some flags you can completely grind through T7 to T8 in a day in Narai.

The real "grind" doesn't start until T9 really.

Your profile shows that you have Izmail and T6 Operations are up for the rest of today, then Aegis starts tomorrow for the next week.  Get er done.

• Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
2,580 posts
11,084 battles

Remember that loot crates are gambling, and the house always wins.

[ARGSY]
Members
23,407 posts
17,347 battles
18 minutes ago, Lose_dudes said:

I'm considering getting a few to get into ranked with the t8. Did anyone get ships from them?

Are you talking about the Warhammer ships? Don't do it. 

Are you talking about the Italian event? Even more don't do it. The number of bundles you have to spam to get enough tokens for the T8 isn't worth it for a tech-tree ship, and if you get the Lepanto bundle and jump to T9 at an early stage in the ranked meta, nobody is going to thank you except the opponents who send you back to port humiliated.

AND OVERALL...

If you're not already at an eligible tier with a ship you're comfortable and experienced in and do well with, stay out of Ranked.

• Cool 4
  • Meh 1

[A-I-M]
Members
3,871 posts
14,894 battles
25 minutes ago, Lose_dudes said:

No. You may end up having to buy up to twenty of the thangs, that’s 30,000 doubloons.

You can buy two of your fantasy T8s with that money.

Is your account a re-roll?

No, legitimate question in this case. Because at 343 battles, ranked may be tough sledding for you.

Edited by MannyD_of_The_Sea
Typo

[PVE]
Members
5,101 posts
22,592 battles
3 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Are you talking about the Warhammer ships? Don't do it. 

Are you talking about the Italian event? Even more don't do it. The number of bundles you have to spam to get enough tokens for the T8 isn't worth it for a tech-tree ship, and if you get the Lepanto bundle and jump to T9 at an early stage in the ranked meta, nobody is going to thank you except the opponents who send you back to port humiliated.

AND OVERALL...

If you're not already at an eligible tier with a ship you're comfortable and experienced in and do well with, stay out of Ranked.

WOW !  We agree on this......well said....!

I was looking that the Italian event and wondering if I should just buy the Roma for the 31 Million requirement (the Italian T 8/9 is 8 million) and decided that it's just not worth spending the last of my Doubloons.  I'll simply play till the event ends and if I get any other ship for free, by just playing, so be it......

See, we can agree on somethings !

[ARGSY]
Members
23,407 posts
17,347 battles
6 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

No. You may end up having to buy up to twenty of the thangs

Which ones are we talking about? Warhammer? They're capped at five Imperium, five Chaos apiece - that's 3000 dubs at most.

Italian BB bundles? 20 bundles to guarantee tokens for the Veneto AFTER you've unlocked everything before that, more otherwise, or less if you hit Lepanto first. Yeah, that's probably what you're talking about. And if you're going to do that, might as well buy Roma and the Kobayashi camo for her; it'd probably be a better use of the money.

9 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

See, we can agree on somethings !

:Smile_veryhappy:

I agree that the OP spamming crates specifically in the hope that he could get a ship to take into Ranked is a very bad idea.

If he wants to risk up to 3K dubs trying to get one of the Amagi clones cheap, that's his decision to make and his money (I hope!) to risk - but then he has to recognize that he might be one of the unlucky ones.

13 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

I was looking that the Italian event and wondering if I should just buy the Roma for the 31 Million requirement (the Italian T 8/9 is 8 million)

I wondered the same thing myself, but I figured that so long as I can get the four other token tasks done before Monday (I already have two), that unlocks Directive 4 and stretches out the time I have available for completing that potential damage requirement.

I currently have enough tokens to skip EITHER the potential damage mission OR next week's base XP grind and still get the Veneto's permacamo, but not both. Of the two, the PD mission comes with far less time pressure on a per-day basis. Spam BBs, engage the enemy closely, profit. I'm trying to get my chosen Italian BB captain up to 10 points while the ships are still in early-release and acting as premiums for captain assignment, so this task actually suits my agenda.

• Cool 1

[BUOY]
Members
1,216 posts
16,267 battles
58 minutes ago, Lose_dudes said:

Well, it's 3k dubs for 10x WH40k crates. That's $12 USD worth. If you're willing to accept / be satisfied that you're far more likely than not to get nothing but 5x camos from each crate then go for it.

As for the event bundles I'd say avoid unless the first one is the 10k (that's 250x camos for $6 and etc.) or Lepanto (250k+ XP worth) since all the other bundles are monumentally poor value unless you really, REALLY want to support the Art Department by spending $240 for the T9-10 Roman permaflages when the regular permas for those ships will be $16 and $20 respectively.

[A-I-M]
Members
3,871 posts
14,894 battles
51 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Which ones are we talking about?

To be honest, I felt no compulsion to be any clearer than the OP was.