You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
zzzFrostVortexzzz

ST 0.10.2, changes to test ships and Lepanto

11 comments in this topic

[1984]
Members
4,482 posts
21,506 battles

Not really sur it matter, now that flamu’s gone i think there may be less players sticking around...

• Cool 1
  • Boring 4

[CAAT]
Members
1,033 posts
4,626 battles
1 hour ago, monpetitloup said:

Not really sur it matter, now that flamu’s gone i think there may be less players sticking around...

Just an fyi, Flamu's not gone, he is DEFINITELY still playing WoWs, he's just not a CC anymore, that's all. It really has little effect on him playing WoWs or streaming or whatever.

• Cool 3

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
4,207 posts
12,777 battles
12 hours ago, zzzFrostVortexzzz said:

We adjusted the parameters of some ships based on testing results. The changes will be applied to Italian battleships, German destroyer Maerker and aircraft carrier M. Immelmann.

Read more here: https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/125

Whats the point of nerfing the health of already struggling mini-cruisers? Maybe Wg should give them radar and a heal to compensate.

• Cool 3

[1984]
Members
4,482 posts
21,506 battles
9 hours ago, SaiIor_Moon said:

Just an fyi, Flamu's not gone, he is DEFINITELY still playing WoWs, he's just not a CC anymore, that's all. It really has little effect on him playing WoWs or streaming or whatever.

For now at least. Last time i checked in he was increasingly streaming other games including one i have no reason why anyone would play which involved some sort of zombie robot standing around and looking at another robot’s skirt... ah i guess covid is starting to bore everybody...

Edited by monpetitloup
  • Sad 1

[ARGSY]
Members
23,419 posts
17,347 battles
10 hours ago, Crokodone said:

Whats the point of nerfing the health of already struggling mini-cruisers? Maybe Wg should give them radar and a heal to compensate.

It would occur to me that there might be something the testers found out by actually playing the ships, which isn't reflected in the pure numbers, that justifies this. 

This is why I despise hardcore stat junkies; they are incapable of recognizing that a ship isn't just the sum of its numbers.

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
4,207 posts
12,777 battles
6 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

This is why I despise hardcore stat junkies; they are incapable of recognizing that a ship isn't just the sum of its numbers.

True, but this is applicable to every ship. In addition, the parameters of smokeless open water DDs are pretty well known. and it's unlike these ships haven't  been seen on the live server: they have.

Even if these DDs had phenomenal Maneuverability (they don't) or ballistics (nothing special) their already large health pool didn't yield any sort of advantage Tier for tier. The last time i encountered one of these new German Mini-Cruisers, I was in a Smolensk backing a Gearing and Shimakaze; he didn't fare too well.

Thats why I say, for what I've witnessed of these new and upcoming DDs, reducing their health is questionable, given their intended role: Cruiser Hunter.

• Cool 1

[WAMMY]
Members
2,560 posts
14,247 battles
1 hour ago, Crokodone said:

True, but this is applicable to every ship. In addition, the parameters of smokeless open water DDs are pretty well known. and it's unlike these ships haven't  been seen on the live server: they have.

Even if these DDs had phenomenal Maneuverability (they don't) or ballistics (nothing special) their already large health pool didn't yield any sort of advantage Tier for tier. The last time i encountered one of these new German Mini-Cruisers, I was in a Smolensk backing a Gearing and Shimakaze; he didn't fare too well.

Thats why I say, for what I've witnessed of these new and upcoming DDs, reducing their health is questionable, given their intended role: Cruiser Hunter.

Hey

Last one I encountered did very little for half the game sitting behind an island trying to torp the enemy and contributed nothing to the overall game much much less the cap that he was on the other side of the same island.  Looks like a very boring playstyle from what I saw.  Not like their torps do much damage and the guns arent overly effective and with no hydro, there is no way to bully anything.  

Pete

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
4,207 posts
12,777 battles
1 hour ago, sasquatch_research said:

Hey

Last one I encountered did very little for half the game sitting behind an island trying to torp the enemy and contributed nothing to the overall game much much less the cap that he was on the other side of the same island.  Looks like a very boring playstyle from what I saw.  Not like their torps do much damage and the guns arent overly effective and with no hydro, there is no way to bully anything.  

Pete

I think what WG stated is that the6want these things to pop out and dominate light cruisers. Similar to how Des Moines dominates other cruisers. Maybe in 2015 this concept would work, today, the game has evolved to where large calibers and large pools  of health aren't enough. 

In order for this line to work, they'd need radar and a heal. Even Akizuki and Kitikaze with their CL levels of health struggle past the first five minutes of the match.

Not to mention, Light cruisers hardly make up 15% of a team in most cases.

• Cool 1

[WAMMY]
Members
2,560 posts
14,247 battles
1 hour ago, Crokodone said:

I think what WG stated is that the6want these things to pop out and dominate light cruisers. Similar to how Des Moines dominates other cruisers. Maybe in 2015 this concept would work, today, the game has evolved to where large calibers and large pools  of health aren't enough. 

In order for this line to work, they'd need radar and a heal. Even Akizuki and Kitikaze with their CL levels of health struggle past the first five minutes of the match.

Not to mention, Light cruisers hardly make up 15% of a team in most cases.

Hey

Can you imagine one of these going up against a fast firing, mobile cruiser like Venezia or even the Des Moines which can tank damage.  Not like these DD's have great guns or even torps that pack a good deal of punch for ambushes.  Let's be honest, they are garbage before even being released and of course suffer from being German, so they will be Meh at best.  A heal makes sense, hydro makes sense but I bet they get neither.

Pete

[MR-1]
Members
1,807 posts
22,328 battles

changes to test ships and lepanto 

german DD's not even here yet and already changes  . and what about the italian Bb's  especialy at T9 and T10 range view is fine its the damn low fireing range that makes them less combatable at these tiers . lepanto is already 2 km  less than nearly all the T9 BB's in the game  , give these guys an extra 2km at least infact the italian BB line has a smaller fireing range , you guys nerfed the hell out of them  for months before they came out