Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Dudefella

Newer Players - Gifted Steam Items

6 comments in this topic

Members
49 posts

Hello - Apologies if this is covered somewhere, but we can't find it.  Someone gave my sons and I some ships via Steam and we can't seem to find them in our account, or any way to plug our Steam credentials into our Wargaming launcher.

All of the data we're able to find is a year or more old.  Does anyone know how we're able to get these ships into our ports?

Thanks in advance.

[KWF]
Members
5,771 posts
7,007 battles

There's no connection between Steam purchases and classic Wargaming accounts. Only if you all have Steam versions of WoWs with Steam account will you be able to get the gifts.

• Cool 1

Members
49 posts

Thanks warheart1992.  That's a huge bummer.  In the time since I was able to get back here and respond, Wargaming responded and said that I should just ask for a refund on all of the Steam accounts.

It seems like such a simple thing to add assets already in game to someone's account.  It's too bad WG doesn't want to money this guy already spent.  Seems weird.

Members
49 posts

And here's the reply from Steam:

"Unfortunately, World of Warships — Texas Pack does not utilize Steam to manage its items. You will need to contact their Support Team for any questions about your items in that game."

[CLUB]
Members
9 posts
4,537 battles

It is true that they won't combine cross platform, but if he has a Steam account then he can DL the game for free on Steam and have two accounts. Then you can bond over killing each other and make those big memories!!

Members
49 posts

Yeah.  We're actually having a TON of fun, and the boys (10 and 13) are actually pretty good.  Granted, we are only doing co-op battles at this point.

RE: Steam

Funnily enough, Steam almost instantly refunded the purchase on my account, declined the refund on my 13yo's account and hasn't even replied on my 10yo's account.

The question I'm left with is, "What's the problem with integrating with Steam?"  It seems like it could only bring in more revenue and piss people off less.

Sign in to follow this