Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Truxtun_35

No Joy

25 comments in this topic

[LHG]
Members
119 posts
8,507 battles

World of Warships is becoming a Boring Game. A game of Hide & Seek with way to many one sided battles. "No Joy" Especially on the week ends. The game play is now who ever gets to the hiding spots on the maps first has the total advantage.  On certain maps one team is close to the hide outs while the other is way back. I think the only Good battles take place in Ranked or Clan battles now. Reg play has turned into boring play now. Player just sit and wait or move back & forth waiting for the players that actually attack & move. White liners & campers is the way of play these days. Maybe its just me after years of playing an AGRESSIVE style of play. I learned the hard way. I like to battle the way of "World of Warships" not the "get back" World of Hide & Seek. Used to be a game where Ships of different types worked as a Team to Win. No Joy right now, I hope it changes back.      

• Cool 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

Members
1,022 posts
3,050 battles

I play agressive, have a fairly low survival rate but I have fun. I actually pity the campers 75% of the way through a match and they are still at full health hiding in the back area of the map sniping at odd targets. They must be bored out of their brains but survival is all that seems to matter for them...

Always a laugh in my DD at the blind panic when I come unexpectedly around a island into a cluster of camping BBs..

• Cool 5
  • Meh 1

[BOTO]
Members
1,460 posts
17,660 battles
1 hour ago, Truxtun_35 said:

World of Warships is becoming a Boring Game. A game of Hide & Seek with way to many one sided battles. "No Joy" Especially on the week ends. The game play is now who ever gets to the hiding spots on the maps first has the total advantage.  On certain maps one team is close to the hide outs while the other is way back. I think the only Good battles take place in Ranked or Clan battles now. Reg play has turned into boring play now. Player just sit and wait or move back & forth waiting for the players that actually attack & move. White liners & campers is the way of play these days. Maybe its just me after years of playing an AGRESSIVE style of play. I learned the hard way. I like to battle the way of "World of Warships" not the "get back" World of Hide & Seek. Used to be a game where Ships of different types worked as a Team to Win. No Joy right now, I hope it changes back.      

Guess it depends on why you play.  If you're playing to win then you need to learn when to be aggressive and when to be passive. If you just like playing aggressive and pushing in early regardless of whether or not that's conducive to winning then yeah, I guess the current meta definitely isn't suited for you.

[GLF]
Members
51 posts
25,666 battles

Try an account on the Asian server, the NA server is frenetic action compared to the play style there.

• Cool 2

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,512 posts

I simply hunt the campers. There have been times I catch two, three or four Reds beached together coming around a island. They all frantically hammer the full speed while grinding into each other for TK damages trying to escape the shima torps sent at less than 1km. That has bought me a few double strikes, dev strikes and almost a kraken a few times.

Problems begin when I am a DD and a human CV in those games hover like a vulture over me until I am dead. I consider that a form of abuse in game. And will absoltuely abandon or quit a game in progress accepting a temp ban punishment. I refuse to be bubbas GF. They dont get to [edited] me when I am the only DD in the whole team.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Boring 1

[-AGW-]
Beta Testers
194 posts
13,129 battles
1 hour ago, Yad_Anzac said:

Try an account on the Asian server, the NA server is frenetic action compared to the play style there.

Yeah, the "Deadeye Meta" here now is probably close to what the norm was on the Asia server. I can only imagine what it's like there now (after migrating back here last year). :Smile_facepalm:

• Thanks 1

Members
1,022 posts
3,050 battles
2 hours ago, Yad_Anzac said:

I used to play on the Seatard server when WoWs first came out. Language barriers ignored, the gameplay was terrible, absolutely horrendous. Either the entire teams would Yolo rush at each other with the game ending by the 5m mark or it would be a complete stalemate. With the timer running out with most of the server still alive just avoiding any conflict..

• Cool 1

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,919 posts

i agree the island humping fire spewing game of hide and seek is boring.. and unfun

but coop is good to chill

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
14,005 posts
3 hours ago, xHeavy said:

And will absoltuely abandon or quit a game in progress accepting a temp ban punishment. 

Dont enter the queue if you wont play every game to completion. Otherwise you are abusing the other 11 players on your team.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

[YORHA]
Members
5,274 posts
10,497 battles
6 hours ago, xHeavy said:

I simply hunt the campers. There have been times I catch two, three or four Reds beached together coming around a island. They all frantically hammer the full speed while grinding into each other for TK damages trying to escape the shima torps sent at less than 1km. That has bought me a few double strikes, dev strikes and almost a kraken a few times.

Problems begin when I am a DD and a human CV in those games hover like a vulture over me until I am dead. I consider that a form of abuse in game. And will absoltuely abandon or quit a game in progress accepting a temp ban punishment. I refuse to be bubbas GF. They dont get to [edited] me when I am the only DD in the whole team.

Translation:  I like to go off on my own, not work as part of the team, not spot, not smoke allies, not play for the win... just try to farm damage and if a counter to that type of selfish play shows up I quit the game.

Got it.

• Cool 6
  • Boring 1

[_I_]
Members
64 posts
10 hours ago, Truxtun_35 said:

Play Co-op. The idiots who try to backline wind up with bupkus xp, and leaves more for the hard chargers. Aggression is the key to success.

Bonus: Bot CV are just food, not annoying pests like human ones.

[_JAG_]
Members
66 posts
5,572 battles
10 hours ago, Truxtun_35 said:

I play COOP games for that very reason. Never a dull moment. Sometimes the bots do really silly and stupid things and once in while you have a game in which not one ally ship goes down and all the enemy bots are sunk in less than 10 minutes. But those are rare. But if you are into close up brawling, go COOP. You won't regret it. I use Scharnhorst and get into some really good slugging matches with ships blowing up all over the place. As for CV's, never seen more than one per side and as a DD you won't be bombed to death in the first 5 minutes. 

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
1,062 posts
8 minutes ago, Sui_Generis said:

Play Co-op. The idiots who try to backline wind up with bupkus xp, and leaves more for the hard chargers. Aggression is the key to success.

Bonus: Bot CV are just food, not annoying pests like human ones.

Hate to say it, but Co-op is just as boring only in a different way.  You know exactly what the opposition is going to do.  There is no losing in CoOP.  There is no strategy, just barrel in and win.  It's good for finishing up Directives and grinding if you have the time, but it's not very exciting.

Edited by Captain_Rawhide
  • Meh 1

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
6,337 posts
19,348 battles
13 hours ago, LunchCutter said:

I play agressive, have a fairly low survival rate but I have fun. I actually pity the campers 75% of the way through a match and they are still at full health hiding in the back area of the map sniping at odd targets. They must be bored out of their brains but survival is all that seems to matter for them...

Had a game the other day....pushed in...had a helluva brawl against half the red team....got a lot of attention...did a lot of damage....and was dead inside the 8 minute mark.  From that point, it was a long slog of a game with sniping on both teams....with our team winning by a very small margin as time ran out...20 minutes.  Having only been in action for 8 minutes (and really, only about five of that actually "in action"), I still topped out.  

[PHD]
Members
273 posts
8,665 battles
9 hours ago, SKurj said:

i agree the island humping fire spewing game of hide and seek is boring.. and unfun

but coop is good to chill

I play co-op also. If anything the bots are definitely brave. They will come after you. Might not be so smart but you find yourself outnumbered by them, you’re in for a fight.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,919 posts
6 hours ago, Captain_Rawhide said:

Hate to say it, but Co-op is just as boring only in a different way.  You know exactly what the opposition is going to do.  There is no losing in CoOP.  There is no strategy, just barrel in and win.  It's good for finishing up Directives and grinding if you have the time, but it's not very exciting.

you are not wrong it can wear a bit thin, i usually only stick around a couple months around this time of year before the nice weather hits.  i certainly couldn't do it for 6 months at a time...  but random.. well i can barely get through 3-4 matches :Smile-angry:

• Cool 1

[LHG]
Members
119 posts
8,507 battles
17 hours ago, RipNuN2 said:

Dont enter the queue if you wont play every game to completion. Otherwise you are abusing the other 11 players on your team.

Not sure ur comment has any thing to do with the post ...

[LHG]
Members
119 posts
8,507 battles
22 hours ago, Aaron_S_Merrill said:

Guess it depends on why you play.  If you're playing to win then you need to learn when to be aggressive and when to be passive. If you just like playing aggressive and pushing in early regardless of whether or not that's conducive to winning then yeah, I guess the current meta definitely isn't suited for you.

meta deta meta ... you either did not READ my post 100% or you play the hide & seek style in a WARSHIP Game. If that is the way you play, well that is why this game will go the way of fewer people playing it. Key word in this game "WARSHIP" not hide & go seek. Played that game when I was 7 years old..... :)

[HINON]
Members
14,005 posts
6 hours ago, Truxtun_35 said:

Not sure ur comment has any thing to do with the post ...

Did you read the quote?

Members
81 posts
10,200 battles

The battles in Random and Ranked Sprint aren't much fun most of the time. 

In Ranked Sprint or Random, nearly all the time, the BB and Cruisers mill around the spawn line and try to tell the rest of us what to do.

I play DD and ignore the BB and Cruisers on the back line or hugging an island tight. 

I don't spot (unless by accident). I don't Screen. I don't Cap.

I am a Ferenghi with respect to spotting, screening, capping - If there is no profit, I don't do it.

I can't tell you how many times I have spotted and kept spotted a DD and NO ONE SHOOTS AT IT. Why spot?

As to screening BB's and Cruisers, that dog don't hunt when the BB or Cruiser is behind and island and cannot support me, even if they might want to.

If I choose to spot or screen for the team, my support ships (BB and Cruisers) must be within line of sight and no more than my detection distance away from me so they can attack any DD I spot.

At least in Coop, the bots do the expected (but they are getting smarter) and the more bots on my team, the happier I am.

If I may add, the current play style discourages winning. The W/L metric is bogus. It does notactually  reflect my skill or ability, only the lack of skill or ability on my team. It should be discontinued. Passive players very rarely WIN.  

Edited by JohnChristianFalkenberg
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[BOTO]
Members
1,460 posts
17,660 battles
15 hours ago, Truxtun_35 said:

meta deta meta ... you either did not READ my post 100% or you play the hide & seek style in a WARSHIP Game. If that is the way you play, well that is why this game will go the way of fewer people playing it. Key word in this game "WARSHIP" not hide & go seek. Played that game when I was 7 years old..... :)

I did read your entire post.  You clearly prefer to push in aggressively regardless of whether or not it's conducive to winning.  I play in whatever manner the particular match dictates in order to win.  If you like aggressive, push straight in guns blazing gameplay then play co-op.  

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,663 posts
25,144 battles
On 3/1/2021 at 11:44 PM, Truxtun_35 said:

Other than the lower tiers, the game has always been a game of "hide behind a rock", or "run away when fired at". Been that way for years in Random battles. The game is a FPS with a naval theme is all. I bailed on PvP mostly due to matchmaking but once I started playing co-op where the game is fast and in your face, I realized just how boring the PvP part of the game was. I would have left the game years ago had there not been a PvE option. 

There can be some fun matches in Random battles but they are so freaking rare. Almost every game is a slaughter win or lose and has been this way for as long as I can remember. 

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,919 posts
23 hours ago, Truxtun_35 said:

the game is hide and seek in pvp... just island humpers hoping the other guy gets spotted first... and here's to hoping the enemy has a yolo to get the steamroll moving

[LHG]
Members
119 posts
8,507 battles
On 3/1/2021 at 11:46 PM, LunchCutter said:

Always a laugh in my DD at the blind panic when I come unexpectedly around a island into a cluster of camping BBs..

In my World of Warships I suck at DD's So I am a Highly successful HUNTER & Killer of the other Teams DD's. I do my Best to cover or die to Protect my Teams DD's.... :) :) :) :) 

[LHG]
Members
119 posts
8,507 battles
On 3/3/2021 at 2:51 PM, Aaron_S_Merrill said:

I did read your entire post.  You clearly prefer to push in aggressively regardless of whether or not it's conducive to winning.  I play in whatever manner the particular match dictates in order to win.  If you like aggressive, push straight in guns blazing gameplay then play co-op.  

Meta you be right .... either blind or has cognitive Problems. He still did not read what you said lol lol lol Oh well :)

Sign in to follow this