Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ahskance

PSA: Hidden Menace is Broken (Kinda)

5 comments in this topic

[WG]
Administrator, WG Staff
6,581 posts
16,447 battles

So, some folks know... some folks don't.

Why is Hidden Menace commander skill in a state you probably don't want to mess with?  Video explain below:

Raw Link: https://youtu.be/melTQ5nCF1Q

• Cool 1

Members
732 posts
999 battles

I agree with this, but at the same time even if they made it where they weren't getting damage climbing back up I find that extra stealth for a CV really isn't too much of a win.

From playing CVs in general, there's literally going to be near a corner, behind a island, or following the circle where the other ships are if you see the other enemy team coming from the other direction. 

My old saying if the enemyis in range to spot you, you pretty much a dead CV to begin with from allowing them to get within range. 

Members
3,092 posts
8,833 battles
On 3/1/2021 at 10:17 PM, Ahskance said:
Spoiler

So, some folks know... some folks don't.

Why is Hidden Menace commander skill in a state you probably don't want to mess with?  Video explain below:

Raw Link: https://youtu.be/melTQ5nCF1Q

Anything new develop on this, or is it still broken?

[WG]
Administrator, WG Staff
6,581 posts
16,447 battles
50 minutes ago, CV_Jeebies said:

Anything new develop on this, or is it still broken?

Still broken :(

Members
2,007 posts

I just came back to WoWs from a year long hiatus to check out what's new. And some of the changes are good. Others not so much. There's more than a few skills from this commander re-work that need to be "tweeked" because they're pretty much useless or too punitive. But the whole rework was a positive step I thought.

1) A 10km detection range on a plane? Like wth? Seriously? That's broken. Even with Hidden Menace.

2) A -50% nerf to Hidden Menace on your return speed is not worth it. 

3) Pretty much all of the survivability skills are too weak. The AA is always stacked from numerous ships blobbing together. Then you're usually up-tiered watching your squadrons melt before you can even turn around...

4) Fighter skills... yeah. No point to those either.

5) The secondaries skills are pretty cool though. For some good LULZ, secondary build an Erich Loewendardt then watch DD's run for cover and POP as you knife-fight them with a CV. OMG!

Sign in to follow this