You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
C14Alpha

Raptor refuses to be Rescued

20 comments in this topic

[WOLFH]
Members
1,239 posts

The team easily took out the enemy and everything looked like smooth sailing in Operation Raptor Rescue.

Then Raptor ran aground, refused to reverse, and hilarity ensued as we attempted to push Raptor out of a cove on an island.

1155270462_RaptorNotRescued.thumb.jpg.127ab362a77e26f9b9bcd00e798d00c1.jpg

• Funny 5
  • Haha 6

[VORTX]
Members
584 posts
7,664 battles

WG ai for auto pilot is something else. My god. Looks like you guys had a good sense of humor at least wth 🤣

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,819 posts
4,285 battles

Yeah, the autopilot for the AI in Raptor is, interesting. I haven't had the CV do that, but we've lost stars because one of the support ships either drove into an island or drove into the red bots. Really frustrating when you do everything right but lose a star because the supply ship captain was drunk and is trying to drive through an island instead of around it.

[SGSS]
Members
5,734 posts
29 minutes ago, C14Alpha said:

The team easily took out the enemy and everything looked like smooth sailing in Operation Raptor Rescue.

Then Raptor ran aground, refused to reverse, and hilarity ensued as we attempted to push Raptor out of a cove on an island.

Just another day on the 405 in LA

• Cool 3

[RLGN]
Members
15,639 posts
27,355 battles
49 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

Been twenty years or so, but so been there.

I wish the regular ship autopilot would just do what the hell it's told. If we run into a border, or an island, that's our fault; but when the (redacted) thing is given a reasonably straight forward, clear course, then stops and reverses just because it gets closer than it thinks it should to an island or a border, that's just plain stupid.

[REVY]
Members
2,631 posts
14,430 battles

have the replay?

Most of the time when its happened, someone had helped the Raptor into the island.

• Cool 1

[DOTM]
Beta Testers
2,026 posts
13,965 battles
2 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

I wish the regular ship autopilot would just do what the hell it's told. If we run into a border, or an island, that's our fault; but when the (redacted) thing is given a reasonably straight forward, clear course, then stops and reverses just because it gets closer than it thinks it should to an island or a border, that's just plain stupid.

I swear the autopilot is a bigger threat to you as a CV than the enemy is.

[-K-]
SuperTest Coordinator, Alpha Tester, WoWS Community Contributors, Wiki Editor
6,233 posts
23,650 battles

Yup I've done that before, wasting 20 minutes of me time... Along with my 6 friends. Oops...

• Cool 1

[WOLFH]
Members
1,239 posts
3 hours ago, Lord_Slayer said:

have the replay?

Most of the time when its happened, someone had helped the Raptor into the island.

Sorry, but that replay has already been deleted.

[VRR]
[VRR]
Members
1,282 posts

Oh no, they will take Raptor now....shhhh keep quiet you guys ...Wegee it snooping around seeing what they cut next ...so the can keep us in the " SOON™" zone...:cap_book:

• Thanks 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
29,839 posts
25,782 battles
6 hours ago, C14Alpha said:

Did this happen at one of the northern route islands?  It happened to me today.  It's actually an old issue.

[PVE]
Members
7,852 posts
23,816 battles
6 hours ago, jags_domain said:

6 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

You know why it's called the 4O5 don't ya?

Because it takes 4 O' 5 hours to get anywhere.

[WOLFH]
Members
1,239 posts
1 hour ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Did this happen at one of the northern route islands?  It happened to me today.  It's actually an old issue.

Yes, it was on the northern route.

It would have been very frustrating if we had been fighting for our lives, but after finishing off the enemy with four or five minutes to spare, it was simply hilarious as everyone buzzed around trying to pry Raptor loose from the island.

Edited by C14Alpha

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,736 posts
4,771 battles

As best I can tell, it's not the auto-pilot itself, it's a combination of that and Raptor being knocked off course or trying to dodge something. Once it grounds, you're pretty much screwed.

• Cool 1

[-TCO-]
[-TCO-]
Members
705 posts
5,975 battles
12 hours ago, jags_domain said:

Fun thing about the 405 is that can be any time of day or night. I don't miss it.

[NUWES]
Members
3,381 posts
12,237 battles
13 hours ago, C14Alpha said:

A group I was in finished so early that they thought it would be fun to ram Raptor. Not shockingly it got stuck and we lost when it couldn't get unstuck before the time ran out. 

• Cool 1

[SGSS]
Members
5,734 posts
6 hours ago, SkullCowboy_60 said:

Fun thing about the 405 is that can be any time of day or night. I don't miss it.

Yea you certainly dont have to hurry to miss out on all the fun!

When Armageddon was coming out there was a cloth put over a building that looked like an asteroid went through it.

The only time I did not mind being stuck to see that!.

[TSF]
Members
417 posts
14,238 battles

Look, WG needed to spend what little resources it could afford to devote to operations nerfing the EXP and credit earning potential. They simply did not have the resources to devote to actually putting the operations into a functional state. 

Consider it working as intended: a built in guaranteed loss, to discourage people from stacking flags and camo to farm exp from operations. 

Working as intended comrade.