You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Col_Nasty

I'm convinced... ( Detonations )

12 comments in this topic

[GOB]
Members
2,709 posts

Since the last patch they HAVE increased.

Don't care about the usual excuses about what kind of evidence blah blah blah ...

Been around long enough to know that is simply a tactic anyone can use to hide things because NO ONE has all the data one way or another and no one EVER has enough Data to satisfy people who just won't believe anything anyway.

MY experience with Detonations has gone up to ridiculous levels now. 

When the flags came out I NEVER used them and MAYBE Detonated every 60 to 90 days,  MAYBE.

Now it is MULTIPLE times a week.

Always as I am fighting a great game and about to make another well planned kill ( with Guns ) with PLENTY of HP

Just before the kill. 

BOOM!

Like the skills rework...  We got 1 more point if you look at the fact that the most popular skill was raised to 2 points.

We got fewer spaces for flags because they are now making the DET flag MANDATORY if you want to play this game and not hide in the back or behind an island.

On that thought.

What did they do to the CV class that can INSTA DELETE them?

Ever seen one Detonate??

I've never Detonated in ANY of my CVS

I'll get my popcorn and wait for THAT answer.

• Haha 1

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,754 posts
4,771 battles

AFAIK, CVs can't Detonate.  It's a thing. 

As far as Det frequency, I've heard nothing about any such change (says the mushroom).  And haven't noticed any since I use Juliet Charlie on most everything.

• Cool 1

[CLUMP]
Members
1,505 posts
2,170 battles

The only way to donate a CV would be realistically be a DB plane using AP hit something spicy within CV meaning the munitions stored in said CV :Smile_hiding:

Members
400 posts
26 battles

To my knowledge a detonation can only occur when shell penetrates to the magazine internal module of a ship which are below the main turrets, and is hit by a shell and reduced to 0 hit points, 

Since 0.7.2 as I understand it a ship needs to be less than 75% hit points to have a chance of this, but this *is* applied after the damage from the impacting shells.

Since CVs lack main turrets, they don't have magazines modelled and don't have any equivalent that perhaps they should have for aircraft munitions and fuel. 

• Thanks 1

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
6,337 posts
19,348 battles

As for CVs (and in particular T6 CVs) you don't need to detonate them....you can spit on them and cit them.

SuperTest Coordinator, Beta Testers
6,802 posts
12,586 battles

Carriers have never been able to detonate. That's why JC flags are not recommended for CVs.

image.thumb.png.85ecce6e26fa9f8866be381089e711a2.png

Members
680 posts
220 battles
3 hours ago, Col_Nasty said:

Since the last patch they HAVE increased.

Don't care about the usual excuses about what kind of evidence blah blah blah ...

Been around long enough to know that is simply a tactic anyone can use to hide things because NO ONE has all the data one way or another and no one EVER has enough Data to satisfy people who just won't believe anything anyway.

MY experience with Detonations has gone up to ridiculous levels now. 

When the flags came out I NEVER used them and MAYBE Detonated every 60 to 90 days,  MAYBE.

Now it is MULTIPLE times a week.

Always as I am fighting a great game and about to make another well planned kill ( with Guns ) with PLENTY of HP

Just before the kill. 

BOOM!

Like the skills rework...  We got 1 more point if you look at the fact that the most popular skill was raised to 2 points.

We got fewer spaces for flags because they are now making the DET flag MANDATORY if you want to play this game and not hide in the back or behind an island.

On that thought.

What did they do to the CV class that can INSTA DELETE them?

Ever seen one Detonate??

I've never Detonated in ANY of my CVS

I'll get my popcorn and wait for THAT answer.

Must be deadeye

Members
4,348 posts
3,255 battles

Truly random events occur in clumps. You might be going through a clump. It's not an even distribution over time if it's random. 

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,512 posts

Detonations are a problem with this update. Has been all week.

I specifically bought and used about 100 anti det flags so far in DD in human vs human games. I also get ram flags onto the bigger ships so I can take a couple out in a game. Badda bump oh was that a enemy ship? aww.

I got detonated about 6 times in a row in 6 games. Thats really really really rare. Actually Ive only been detonated about that many times in 5 years prior to Feb's det string. So enough is quite enough. I think there was a game rule that you only got one det every 24 hours. But now thats been quietly tossed.

They can rework, rewrite a game system quietly without publishing what all they are doing like this det stuff. It dont take but a week or less for me as a regular player to notice instantly that it is a NEW problem and a unwelcome one. If their goal is to soak my resources and money to get detention flags they achieved that goal. Only they forgot that I can probably carry enough to get a couple thousand of them if I needed to.

Members
1,178 posts
1,681 battles
16 hours ago, Compassghost said:

Carriers have never been able to detonate.

*coughcoughIJNTaihocoughcough*

Somebody open the ventilation system I can't breathe!

[XXII]
Banned
862 posts
957 battles
8 hours ago, xHeavy said:

Detonations are a problem with this update. Has been all week.

I specifically bought and used about 100 anti det flags so far in DD in human vs human games. I also get ram flags onto the bigger ships so I can take a couple out in a game. Badda bump oh was that a enemy ship? aww.

I got detonated about 6 times in a row in 6 games. Thats really really really rare. Actually Ive only been detonated about that many times in 5 years prior to Feb's det string. So enough is quite enough. I think there was a game rule that you only got one det every 24 hours. But now thats been quietly tossed.

They can rework, rewrite a game system quietly without publishing what all they are doing like this det stuff. It dont take but a week or less for me as a regular player to notice instantly that it is a NEW problem and a unwelcome one. If their goal is to soak my resources and money to get detention flags they achieved that goal. Only they forgot that I can probably carry enough to get a couple thousand of them if I needed to.

Duuuuude. Are you trolling?

[NG-NL]
Members
6,402 posts
10,580 battles

Detonation frequency is low as ever in my experience.