Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Yesman1337

Battle Cruiser 1047 (Dutch aka Pan European ship Idea)

12 comments in this topic

[EQV]
Members
144 posts
1,408 battles

To cut to the chase I think this would be an awesome tier 8 premium ship to add to the game. It was designed to have the fastest speed of any capital ship of it's time at 38 knots I believe and a massive host of AA on top of a well rounded secondary battery. All the Pan European line has in the way of a BB is the Viribus Unitus which is not that great with it's zero AA and host of useless decretory secondary guns lining the deck. (Why don't they fire seriously) This could be an awesome ship with to add to the game like a faster Scharnhorst is the closest thing I could compare it to.  

[SPTR]
Members
27,341 posts
17,598 battles

Lert has asked for 3 years ago in the player feature gameplay suggestion sub forum but as a tier 6

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,851 posts
4,290 battles

Let's summon the expert, @Lert

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
25,214 posts
21,065 battles
28 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

Let's summon the expert, @Lert

I am summenedeth.

I have two proposals for 1047 in my current format, as T6 battleship and as T9 supercruiser. I don't think she'd fit at T8 as anything, really. As battleship she's softer than Scharnhorst and lacks torpedoes and DPM, and as cruiser she's way too tough imo for T8.

ibbeVIH.jpg

With some massaging she could even make it in as T9 / T10 supercruiser in a Dutch cruiser tree. There were various stages of design, different evolutions with slightly different armor layouts etc that could fit at multiple tiers.

PprCovB.png

This is one of my dream ships to get in the game.

• Cool 3

[RLGN]
Members
15,687 posts
27,443 battles
29 minutes ago, Lert said:

PprCovB.png

Verily, the resident Dutch Cat hath spaketh.

Hmmm... This ship or Friesland needs a ‘Lert’ skin...

[WKY04]
Members
3,884 posts
24,992 battles
37 minutes ago, Lert said:

I am summenedeth.

I have two proposals for 1047 in my current format, as T6 battleship and as T9 supercruiser. I don't think she'd fit at T8 as anything, really. As battleship she's softer than Scharnhorst and lacks torpedoes and DPM, and as cruiser she's way too tough imo for T8.

ibbeVIH.jpg

With some massaging she could even make it in as T9 / T10 supercruiser in a Dutch cruiser tree. There were various stages of design, different evolutions with slightly different armor layouts etc that could fit at multiple tiers.

PprCovB.png

I dont know anything about the stats, but she's handsome; appearance is somewhere between Hood and the later Italian BBs. 

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
25,214 posts
21,065 battles
2 minutes ago, Pugilistic said:

I dont know anything about the stats, but she's handsome; appearance is somewhere between Hood and the later Italian BBs. 

She was heavily based on Scharnhorst, which explains her pretty lines.

[WKY04]
Members
3,884 posts
24,992 battles
28 minutes ago, Lert said:

She was heavily based on Scharnhorst, which explains her pretty lines.

Yes, the turrets and bridge. 

[NUWES]
Members
3,385 posts
12,317 battles
15 hours ago, Lert said:

I am summenedeth.

ibbeVIH.jpg

PprCovB.png

I'd vastly prefer the T9 supercruiser. The cruisers get more tools in their box. Another T6 battlecruiseroid doesn't thrill me as much although I would love to see the ship either way.

Also, I'm still waiting for the Pan-European Dutch DD line and for De Reyter to show up as a premium CL. 

[_I_]
Members
64 posts
15 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Hmmm... This ship or Friesland needs a ‘Lert’ skin...

How do you skin a Lert? :Smile_hiding:

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
25,214 posts
21,065 battles
2 hours ago, Tzarevitch said:

I'd vastly prefer the T9 supercruiser.

Yea me too, though she'd need some massaging to fit in there. T6 BB you can just drop her in as designed, no changes. T9 supercruiser she'd need some ROF fixing and a fantasy AA suite.

[NUWES]
Members
3,385 posts
12,317 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

Yea me too, though she'd need some massaging to fit in there. T6 BB you can just drop her in as designed, no changes. T9 supercruiser she'd need some ROF fixing and a fantasy AA suite.

They're skilled at the art of massage. They'll make it fit. Otherwise there's this option:

Spoiler

See the source image

Sign in to follow this